You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

One rule for them latest: Top story from the Telegraph’s Chris Hope, who says ministers and officials in No. 10 and the Cabinet Office are able to dodge isolation when pinged by taking part in a “trial” made famous by Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove skipping quarantine when he returned from watching the football in Portugal. “Several officials in 10 Downing Street have been able to use the scheme to return to work immediately after being notified by the NHS Covid-19 app,” Chopper reports. They’ll be hoping none of the parents of the 830,000 children currently at home isolating see this story.

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

Fuck this country.

Labour could have an advantage soon in that they still haven't set out a clear vision for what they're doing, once the upcoming conference has passed and that's sorted out more they might start drawing more voters back. And there's still plenty of time for things to go to crap for the Tories with how they've handled this pandemic, especially once their so-called freedom day arrives that could be timed just as cases start rising from all of the Euro final crowds and chaos.

I made a mistake with several edits and had left "freedom" instead of "so-called freedom day". It could be classed as freedom I suppose but it might not last long if the NHS is soon at breaking point again and there's closer to 100k cases being recorded each day. Maybe this whole thing is about another herd immunity via infections drive from the psychos before we go back to some restrictions anyway.

16 hours ago, Pidge said:

Yeah, touch hyperbolic there, mate. It was more of a faux pas than feeling judged as a mass murderer. Like a moment in the first act of an episode of curb, I'll over-analyse it with Richard Lewis and then run into the same person after forgetting my mask while out with JB Smoove who is asking me loudly why I don't care about the welfare of others.

Christ, there's the breakdown...

Fair enough mate

My wife got the Pfizer jab on Friday and then Sat and Sun had whopper nosebleeds and sick as fuck - she never gets them. Rang the GP "eh, I don't know. Maybe you're one of the unlucky ones". Sound. She won't be going for her 2nd one that's for sure. GP's and Pharma companies really don't give a fuck about the damage these vaccines are doing for some people. If you're going to create a product to "help" people then how about making it as safe as possible? It isn't rocket geography. 

And if any one of you cunts even tries to make out I'm anti-vaxx then I really want you to suffer from the worst case of shithouse aids ever known to man. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, SasaS said:

What is the situation in Netherlands, is ti following the pattern of delta in UK, with new cases mostly young or unvaccinated people? Deaths seem to be low so far.

Yeah. It's straight after opening night clubs for 2 weeks which are now shut again. Loads of blerts forging test certificates so they could get in. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

My wife got the Pfizer jab on Friday and then Sat and Sun had whopper nosebleeds and sick as fuck - she never gets them. Rang the GP "eh, I don't know. Maybe you're one of the unlucky ones". Sound. She won't be going for her 2nd one that's for sure. GP's and Pharma companies really don't give a fuck about the damage these vaccines are doing for some people. If you're going to create a product to "help" people then how about making it as safe as possible? It isn't rocket geography. 

And if any one of you cunts even tries to make out I'm anti-vaxx then I really want you to suffer from the worst case of shithouse aids ever known to man. 

Yeah, fuck those GPs with their homemade vaccines the money-focused cunts.

Thoughts and prayers with your wife, hope she recovers.

A fella I know has been feeling like shit lately, constantly tired and no energy, falling asleep as soon as he got home from work. He’s only mid-40s so got in touch with his GP. He was sent for tests and has now been diagnosed with long Covid. He never he’d even had Covid, so he must have been asymptomatic when he had it. He’s had both jabs as well. I wonder how many people will have a similar experience?

16 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

A fella I know has been feeling like shit lately, constantly tired and no energy, falling asleep as soon as he got home from work. He’s only mid-40s so got in touch with his GP. He was sent for tests and has now been diagnosed with long Covid. He never he’d even had Covid, so he must have been asymptomatic when he had it. He’s had both jabs as well. I wonder how many people will have a similar experience?

How do they diagnose that? An antibody test? 

28 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Seems to be really common for people who have had Covid. One woman in the thread I've posted below.

Anecdotally there are also many people saying they only got those symptoms AFTER getting the jabs.

It's on Twitter a lot, which isn't the most reliable of sources admittedly. Who knows? The doctors certainly don't. The WHO doesn't know either. 

8 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Wouldn't you have anti-bodies from the vaccine as well?

I seen someone on Twitter the other day say they took part in a trial and they were told they had anti-bodies from the vaccine and from being naturally infected, which was a surprise to them as they didn't know they had been positive in the past. So they must be able to differentiate them?

Just found this so appears they can:

Antibody testing: coronavirus (COVID-19) | GOV.WALES

COVID-19 antibody testing measures the amount of COVID-19 antibodies in a blood sample.

It was first used to find out whether a person had already had the virus. This helped us understand how the disease was spreading. They can now also tell us if someone has had a coronavirus vaccination.

Antibody tests are different to antigen (swab) tests which see if you currently have the virus.

The body's immune system produces antibodies when it detects harmful substances, called antigens. When a person has COVID-19 (the antigen) it produces COVID-19 antibodies. Antibodies recognize and latch onto antigens to remove them from the body. The antibodies produced for each antigen are unique, hence the term COVID-19 antibodies.

Since December 2020 we have been vaccinating people across Wales. Vaccination produces antibodies in the blood that can detect and neutralise the antigen.

Before December 2020 COVID antibodies were only found in people with the disease.

Since December 2020 the presence of antibodies in a person’s blood sample could either be due to:

previous infection

vaccination or both

Antibody tests are now able to detect two different types of antibodies:

‘n’ antibodies (necleocapsid) which appear after an infection

‘s’ antibodies (spike antibodies) which appear after an infection or vaccination

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The reason I asked is that I'd be concerned if GPs are putting things down to 'long covid' as sort of a catch all for everything they can't be arsed looking in to.

Oh aye. Reminiscent of the days you'd go to the doctor when you were unwell and the answer would always be "you've got a virus".