You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

That makes pretty shocking reading. My hope is I've been following the Zoe app too, which has had us pretty much turning the corner and headed down over about the last week. You can't be sure how good that is as it seems it can be way out at times, but for Liverpool it's led the LCC numbers by around a 5-7 days or so, so fingers crossed we've hit some sort of peak. 

Screenshot_20210705-223806.jpg

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Fucking gutted about the mask thing to be honest. There's just no need at all to scrap those. Wearing one is an absolutely effortless gesture. It takes nothing to pop one on when you go the shops or get on the bus. Worried about my mum working in her local shop.

The people who care will continue to do it, of course, but some cunts have never ever managed to realise that the masks aren't to protect themselves, they're to protect everyone else.

It's sickening.

My wife is clinically extremely vulnerable. She doesn’t have a car and is worried that she won’t be able to get on buses due to other passengers not wearing masks. She is even more concerned that she won’t be able to find taxis with drivers wearing masks, given that adequate social distancing is impossible in a car.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

What the hell's going on? It seems very odd that in such a small group, all double vaccinated, that two team members have collapsed within minutes of each other. 

Every single symptom of anything will have the capacity to be blamed either on Covid or the vaccines over the next few years, my friend. Get ready.

8 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

What the hell's going on? It seems very odd that in such a small group, all double vaccinated, that two team members have collapsed within minutes of each other. 

Both are back in the squad for 3rd test, what ever the issue was it has cleared up. I know after my 2nd jab I wouldn't have been able to play a game of pool I was so bolloxed.

9 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

It depends on the time of day, the amount of traffic and where you are going. It can take ages to get from one side of the city to the other. 

When I was on chemo, you pretty much live by the covid rules, except nobody else it playing. I stopped getting public transport, but I got loads of taxis and just opened the window, and used alcohol cleaner on my hands when I got out. I'm not saying it's a fool proof method, but I lived like that for a little over a year. There's no right answer, but I found sitting in the back of the cab, windows open and keeping my hands clean was effective. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

We have to open up now, it has to happen. The public response to this is winding down, you can see it all around you as it becomes more lax anyway.

It would be great if people could be sensible and sensitive but I doubt that will happen in todays self entitled society. Society is split - theres genuine fear on one hand brought about by continually pounding at the nation through every media channel for well over a year and then theres those that have simply had enough and would rather live with the risk.

Personally I've lost two family members to falls in that time, no covid in sight and my sister picked up eye cancer along the way. Its not only Covid thats a threat to our health every day. We have to live our lives and get back to as much as normality as we can. My worry is that fear has already caused a lot of mental health issues in people.

Its a sad situation all round to be honest and things have changed forever.

8 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

We have to open up now, it has to happen. The public response to this is winding down, you can see it all around you as it becomes more lax anyway.

It would be great if people could be sensible and sensitive but I doubt that will happen in todays self entitled society. Society is split - theres genuine fear on one hand brought about by continually pounding at the nation through every media channel for well over a year and then theres those that have simply had enough and would rather live with the risk.

Personally I've lost two family members to falls in that time, no covid in sight and my sister picked up eye cancer along the way. Its not only Covid thats a threat to our health every day. We have to live our lives and get back to as much as normality as we can. My worry is that fear has already caused a lot of mental health issues in people.

Its a sad situation all round to be honest and things have changed forever.

You can’t live the risk of infecting someone else, that’s literally not your risk to take. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You can’t live the risk of infecting someone else, that’s literally not your risk to take. 

That's why people are getting vaccinated, isn't it? So they don't pass it on to others?

Not that I would have gone around coughing on everyone if I was unvaccinated anyway.

25 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

We have to live our lives and get back to as much as normality as we can.

Maybe have a word with the virus and tell it to stand down, because as long as that fucker is making people seriously ill and killing people, we're not getting back to normal. 

10 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

My wife is clinically extremely vulnerable. She doesn’t have a car and is worried that she won’t be able to get on buses due to other passengers not wearing masks. She is even more concerned that she won’t be able to find taxis with drivers wearing masks, given that adequate social distancing is impossible in a car.

Maybe she could consider getting a N95/FFP2 or 3 mask. Yeah nothing is perfect but I'd guess the protection you'd get from a decent filter mask would be better than everyone wearing masks. Of course you're exhaling unfiltered air but then so is everyone on a bus that isn't wearing a mask. 

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

That's why people are getting vaccinated, isn't it? So they don't pass it on to others?

Not that I would have gone around coughing on everyone if I was unvaccinated anyway.

Reducing the risk of transmission is one of the benefits of vaccination.  You know what else reduces transmission? Masks and distancing.

At a time when cases are rising steeply (from 3,099 on 1 June to 27,556 on 1 July) removing the distancing and mask requirements is just dangerously fucking negligent. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Maybe have a word with the virus and tell it to stand down, because as long as that fucker is making people seriously ill and killing people, we're not getting back to normal. 

Mate cancer is killing people. Do you know the amount of people who haven't been diagnosed early enough who are dying? Do you know its nearly impossible to get a Doctors appointment in person for a check up? I haven't been able to go and see my Doctor, I should be getting regular check ups at my age. My sister was lucky. Shes a nurse in the Royal, and only, ONLY for her getting checked out inside the hospital did they catch the cancer on her eye. If she wasn't a nurse, goodness knows what would have happened.

My mum has been mis diagnosed several times this year because you can't do fuck all over a phone or a video chat and has heart and lung problems.

There is no winners in this. You try and stop Covid at the expense of everything else. At least that what it seems to me.

11 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Mate cancer is killing people. Do you know the amount of people who haven't been diagnosed early enough who are dying? Do you know its nearly impossible to get a Doctors appointment in person for a check up? I haven't been able to go and see my Doctor, I should be getting regular check ups at my age. My sister was lucky. Shes a nurse in the Royal, and only, ONLY for her getting checked out inside the hospital did they catch the cancer on her eye. If she wasn't a nurse, goodness knows what would have happened.

My mum has been mis diagnosed several times this year because you can't do fuck all over a phone or a video chat and has heart and lung problems.

There is no winners in this. You try and stop Covid at the expense of everything else. At least that what it seems to me.

But if you just let it run rife then you end up with loads of COVID cases in hospital which delays all of the treatments you spoke about anyway.

The only way to go back to where we were, is to have no COVID at all, but that ship sailed last year.

At some point we absolutely have to try to adapt and live with it but it seems to me that the time to do that is when you have a fully vaccinated population.

• Upvote 2

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/05/india/india-fake-covid-vaccine-scam-intl-hnk/index.html

Thousands thought they were getting the Covid vaccine. They were injected with salt water instead

By Swati Gupta and Jessie Yeung, CNN

Updated 0839 GMT (1639 HKT) July 5, 2021 

People line up to receive coronavirus vaccine shots in Mumbai, India, on May 4.

People line up to receive coronavirus vaccine shots in Mumbai, India, on May 4.

New Delhi (CNN)Thousands of people have fallen prey to an elaborate wide-ranging scam selling fake coronavirus vaccines in India, with doctors and medical workers among those arrested for their involvement, authorities say.

At least 12 fake vaccination drives were held in or near the financial hub Mumbai, in the country's western Maharashtra state, said Vishal Thakur, a senior official of the Mumbai police department. 
"They were using saline water and injecting it," Thakur said. "Every fake vaccination camp that they held, they were doing this."

An estimated 2,500 people were given fake shots, he said. The organizers charged their victims fees for the shots, earning up to $28,000 in total.
      "We have arrested doctors," he added. "They were using a hospital which was producing the fake certificates, vials, syringes."
      So far, 14 people have been arrested on suspicion of cheating, attempts at culpable homicide, criminal conspiracy, and other charges. More arrests may come as police continue investigating other people involved in the scam, Thakur said.
      India was ravaged by a second wave of coronavirus between April and early June, which infected millions and killed tens of thousands nationwide. After peaking in May, daily cases have slowly declined, easing the pressure on the strained medical system -- and allowing authorities to step up their vaccination program during the country's recovery.
      In June, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a centralized vaccine drive, in which a significant proportion of doses would be provided by the central government to states for free. Soon after, the country administered a record 8 million shots in a day -- a "gladdening" sign of the program's acceleration, said Modi. So far, more than 62 million people -- about 4.5% of the country's population -- have been fully vaccinated, according to data by Johns Hopkins University. 
      The fake vaccination drives took place between late May and early June, according to CNN affiliate CNN-News18. Authorities began investigating after some of the scam victims, suspicious of the vaccination certificates they received, reported it to police.
        One of the fake drives took place at a housing society -- but "none of our members got any symptoms and also we had to pay in cash," said one resident there, according to CNN-News18."At that point of time, we doubted it."
        As police began investigating, others took legal action of their own. Siddharth Chandrashekhar, a lawyer in Mumbai, filed a public interest lawsuit on June 24 -- by which point the public prosecutor had already confirmed more than 2,000 victims of the scams. The allegations are "really shocking," said the Bombay High Court in the filing, urging state and local authorities to take action "so that innocent individuals are not duped in future."

Some people really are cunts and will do anything for money.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’m so sorry for you both. This is the type of thing I’m talking about. So much unnecessary worry and anxiety, just to placate a lunatic fringe of culture warriors. 

• Upvote 2