You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

You'll be disappointed with the Netherlands. Masks go tomorrow apart from public transport. 

I doubt it will last. Masks will be back in most countries when the delta variant takes off.  Even if it's not law, a lot of people will take it upon themselves to wear one with rising case numbers. 

2 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Genuine question here, do we?

All the vulnerable have/should have had their vaccinations so why the need for absolutely everyone to get the vaccine? It’s rightly a choice to have something injected into your body, whether now or years to come. 

I read a stat (maybe on here or a link that was posted on here) suggesting you are less likely to infect someone else if you catch it if you've been vaccined (at least 50% I think it said). So if that's the case, it would seem if we want to reduce the number of future variants and we want to keep a world where the vaccine works, it would be helpful if most people had the vaccine. 

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

I doubt it will last. Masks will be back in most countries when the delta variant takes off.  Even if it's not law, a lot of people will take it upon themselves to wear one with rising case numbers. 

Do you think you have been in some instances where you have been exposed to the virus in the last month or so?

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

In lieu of being vaccinated - are you getting tested regularly?

No. 

I don't have any faith in the lateral flow tests. The FDA said they should be thrown in the bin.  I ask again, what is your point?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/11/us-health-agency-gives-innova-lateral-flow-covid-tests-scathing-review

Innova tests’ performance not proven and they should be returned to manufacturer or thrown in bin, says FDA.

39 minutes ago, TK421 said:

No. 

I don't have any faith in the lateral flow tests. The FDA said they should be thrown in the bin.  I ask again, what is your point?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/11/us-health-agency-gives-innova-lateral-flow-covid-tests-scathing-review

Innova tests’ performance not proven and they should be returned to manufacturer or thrown in bin, says FDA.

Why not get a PRC test then? 

7 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The government mass test event results have been released today too. Just 28 positive tests from the 58,000 attendees of these events. Although the results come with the huge caveat that only 15% of the event attendees went on to get the follow-up, post event testing. 

Nothing to do with them all being tested before going in .... 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Stouffer said:

Another negative LFT today, not managed a positive one since I got my PCR results.

Me and my missus both feel like shit. Wondering if it could be Covid and not too serious ‘cause of the vaccines. Kids have been taking these tests as a requirement from school and I’ve got a box of them in the kitchen too. Seems like there’s no point me even bothering to do the test.