You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

On 20/06/2021 at 12:51, Stouffer said:

10 days in the same room; I'm gonna need 400 cans of McEwan's export, an extra large mixto kebap, 20 Benson and a load of socks. 

Sexy bastard, that room will have more pheromones than a 90’s student union reeking of Fahrenheit. Ladies best stay clear 

Chin up me old mucker. You can catch up on smoking tabs and your kebap research.

And if you don’t pull through I’ll avenge your death. Who are you blaming? 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

Sexy bastard, that room while have more pheromones than a 90’s student union reeking of Fahrenheit. Ladies best stay clear 

Chin up me old mucker. You can catch up on smoking tabs and your kebap research.

And if you don’t pull through I’ll avenge your death. Who are you blaming? 

We can lay the blame squarely at Ruth Fowler's doorstep. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Chris said:

Growth falling sharply.

Except it's not. 

From government stats of the number of people in hospital

30 may - 927

7 June - 1033 (under 10% increase)

14 June - 1178 (just over 12% increase)

21 June (latest available data) - 1508 (28% increase)

Perhaps there's some stat where you can show the rate of hospital numbers to cases is running less than in previous waves, but it's just wrong to suggest the growth of people in hospital is decreasing. 

3 hours ago, TK421 said:

George Eustice says everyone wants to shed their masks by 19th July. The only thing they'll be shedding is viral loads. 

Still trying to get a grip on your new positioning.

Is this inferring that folks should have to wear masks so you don't have to get vaccinated?

13 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Still trying to get a grip on your new positioning.

Is this inferring that folks should have to wear masks so you don't have to get vaccinated?

No, they're separate issues. 

We had 16,000+ cases yesterday. By 19th July that number is likely to be much higher. So not a good idea to ditch face masks, in my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, TK421 said:

We had 16,000+ cases yesterday. By 19th July that number is likely to be much higher. So not a good idea to ditch face masks, in my opinion. 

Sounds like masks aren't doing much to stop transition.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Vaccines and masks are separate issues, yes. 

Do you think both have a positive effect on containing/mitigating spread of the virus?

Cuz masks really wouldn't be part of the conversation without this particular virus.

Though vaccines always have been.

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Do you think both have a positive effect on containing/mitigating spread of the virus?

Cuz masks really wouldn't be part of the conversation without this particular virus.

Though vaccines always have been.

Vaccines - don't know, too early to tell. Maybe they have an impact on severity of disease. I don't think they have much impact on transmission, hence spread of the Delta variant in heavily vaccinated countries such as the UK. 

Masks - yes, I think they do help because of the main route of transmission (airborne).   

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Vaccines - don't know, too early to tell. Maybe they have an impact on severity of disease. I don't think they have much impact on transmission, hence spread of the Delta variant in heavily vaccinated countries such as the UK. 

Masks - yes, I think they do help because of the main route of transmission (airborne).   

Such as... the only heavily vaccinated country with a significant Indian variant spread. Russia is not heavily vaccinated and Israel still has very low numbers.