You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

[

A Government source insisted that "equivalent data" to the PHE study was shown to the quad. The "equivalent" data was said to have been drawn up by Sage's Scientific Pandemic Influenza Group on Modelling (Spi-M) and to have included similar figures to the PHE's findings on the efficacy of the vaccines. 

The source said: "When the decision was made to delay, ministers knew that the vaccines work. That is why we are buying more time to get more jabs in arms."

so they did have similar data after all.

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Scum 

She's a fucking twat but I don't see that Tweet makes her 'scum'.

Highlighting that people are within their rights not to wear a face mask is ok in my book. If she was gobbing in somebody's face she would be scum.

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

She's a fucking twat but I don't see that Tweet makes her 'scum'.

Highlighting that people are within their rights not to wear a face mask is ok in my book. If she was gobbing in somebody's face she would be scum.

"Freedom day" "don't wear a mask" basically don't conform to experts opinions, actively encouraging people to use loopholes. So yeah "scum" fits very well. Everybody is "done" but that doesn't mean the virus. Unfortunately a certain ilk of idiots can't or refuse to understand that. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

"Freedom day" "don't wear a mask" basically don't conform to experts opinions, actively encouraging people to use loopholes. So yeah "scum" fits very well. Everybody is "done" but that doesn't mean the virus. Unfortunately a certain ilk of idiots can't or refuse to understand that. 

She's not actually said 'don't wear a mask' though, she's pointed out that people don't have to if they don't want to & shown (presumably) the legislation to back this up.

She's using her position to promote not wearing a mask, in the name of some bizarre "anti-woke/snowflake" movement. It's dangerous as these utter cunts don't seem to be accountable for anything.

I would genuinely be quite relieved to find out she'd fallen into a slurry pit.

• Upvote 1

Quite a low bar for scum on here.

What she's saying everyone has known since the mask thing started. I quite liked Costco's answer, which was you don't have to wear a mask if medically exempt, but you do have to wear a visor. But then there will be precious little things that find them too much to bear. 

This pandemic has shone a big light on not just the selfish twats on social media, I mean they all are. But the selfish twats in the community. 

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

You are right, she’s a massive cunt. But the point is, there is nothing wrong with that tweet. 

20 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

You are right, she’s a massive cunt. But the point is, there is nothing wrong with that tweet. 

She's basically trying to change the law via twitter. It's not up to the individual - you must wear one, unless medically exempt (a daft rule, but that's another story).

If people take her for her word, it's likely to lead to more deaths, long Covid and so on. She's putting her right to freedom of speech above the health of the public. 

So "scum" just about covers it. 

3 minutes ago, TK421 said:

She's basically trying to change the law via twitter. It's not up to the individual - you must wear one, unless medically exempt (a daft rule, but that's another story).

If people take her for her word, it's likely to lead to more deaths, long Covid and so on. She's putting her right to freedom of speech above the health of the public. 

So "scum" just about covers it. 

This is a genuine question, is it the law that people must wear a mask unless they are medically exempt & where does this law apply to?

8 minutes ago, Mook said:

This is a genuine question, is it the law that people must wear a mask unless they are medically exempt & where does this law apply to?

I think putting one on going into a shop or crowded space is just basic human decency at the moment. My Dads in his mid 60's, got COPD, uses two inhalers and only last week rang me saying he could barely breath with this humidity (working in the iron foundry as a young adult has caught up with his chest) and he always wears a mask in the shop. He could easily wear a lanyard saying he doesn't need to but he isn't a selfish person. 

I don't think there is a law stating it now (might be wrong) but people like her need the attention. It's a bit like the lockdown protestors marching past people sat outside pubs drinking. 

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

Yes, it's the law and it was extended for four weeks. Hence JHB moaning because it causes her such terrible distress, but probably not as distressing as being hit by a big load of Delta variant from someone not wearing a mask.

It applies to everyone over the age of eleven:-

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own

There appear to be two exemptions:-

1.  If you're medically exempt; and

2.  If you're a selfish scumbag and don't mind how many people you infect and kill.

• Upvote 1