You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

10 minutes ago, Chris said:

I'm saying you're not being objective. I'm not trawling the internet for every example and then writing an essay justifying why each take was fearmongery. If this means you win the internet fight then I hope it makes your Friday night pint a little more enjoyable. Dickhead.

That's a coincidence because I think you're the one not being objective, and I'm sorry I've wasted my time reading a load of drivel you can't back up. Enjoy your night too!

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I don't think telling the truth is a bad thing. It's a real life threatening pandemic thats taken nearly 4 million lives and countless on-going medical issues. Calling the chief medical officer "Dr Gloom" and labelling days when lockdowns will ease as "freedom day" is cunt behaviour yet people have chosen to side with the latter. Power of the media eh. 

Some people don't want to hear the truth and would rather paint everything as positive. We've had it before every rise in cases and they normally disappear when things get bad.

R77d214178810cc85a9304c97013a9700?rik=86

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

That's a coincidence because I think you're the one not being objective, and I'm sorry I've wasted my time reading a load of drivel you can't back up. Enjoy your night too!

Alright, if you want it backing up, you condescending wanker, this front page from the Indy was a fucking disgrace. The 'Nepal variant' didn't exist. WHO had already admitted having no knowledge of it before the Indy ran this. Transport Sec actually said "we just don't know the potential for that to be a vaccine-defeating" variant (that actually didn't exist) meaning they had no information, rather than expecting something problematic. Pfizer wasn't offering "far less protection" against Delta either. Far from it. 

It's been like this constantly in one way or another. 'What can we publish that's going to spark the most worry among people just trying to enjoy a pint for the first time in six fucking months'. No-one is denying "unpleasant truths" in favour of "comforting lies".

Some are just more inclined to at least try to look at the data in ways that spark hope because living like this is fucking miserable and doesn't serve anyone in anyway. Your life must be fucking lovely expecting a pile up on the motorway when you get in the car every morning, just because it could happen. Dick.

E2_EW_sXwAAyXRI-2.png

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

Alright, if you want it backing up, you condescending wanker, this front page from the Indy was a fucking disgrace. The 'Nepal variant' didn't exist. WHO had already admitting having knowledge knowledge of it before they ran this. Pfizer wasn't offering "far less protection" against Delta. Far from it. 

It's been like this constantly in one way or another. 'What can we publish that's going to spark the most worry among people just trying to enjoy a pint for the first time in six fucking months'. No-one is denying "unpleasant truths" in favour of "comforting lies"

Some are just more inclined to at least try to look at the data in ways that spark hope because living like this is fucking miserable and doesn't serve anyone in anyway. Your life must be fucking lovely expecting a pile up on the motorway when you get in the car every morning, just because it could happen. Dick.

E2_EW_sXwAAyXRI-2.png

Haha, that's all you've got? They quote the transport secretary for fucks sake and the government took Portugal off the Green list. But that is "Doomsday'd this to the nth degree' and 'overwhelmingly slanted towards hopelessness and fear'. Sure, that's exactly the same as the shit the Telegraph have pulled. You fucking massive fanny.

You shouldn't be trying to put any slant on the data, it is what it is. Especially when this whole discussion started because the right wing press have constantly misrepresented the data and painted things as better than they are. The common mistake dickheads like you make is thinking anyone who doesn't think everything is fine is sitting there aghast at people having a pint or seeing their mates. We all want this to be over and things to be back to normal. Denying reality isn't going to make that happen any sooner.

2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Haha, that's all you've got? They quote the transport secretary for fucks sake and the government took Portugal off the Green list. But that is "Doomsday'd this to the nth degree' and 'overwhelmingly slanted towards hopelessness and fear'. Sure, that's exactly the same as the shit the Telegraph have pulled. You fucking massive fanny.

You shouldn't be trying to put any slant on the data, it is what it is. Especially when this whole discussion started because the right wing press have constantly misrepresented the data and painted things as better than they are. The common mistake dickheads like you make is thinking anyone who doesn't think everything is fine is sitting there aghast at people having a pint or seeing their mates. We all want this to be over and things to be back to normal. Denying reality isn't going to make that happen any sooner.

See this is why I couldn't be bothered in the first place. Wanker. "Haha that's all you got" What do you expect at 6pm on a Friday night? A university dissertation? What a giant arsehole you are. Done with you now. Off you fuck.

7 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Nobody bookmarks like you though do they?

6 minutes ago, Chris said:

See this is why I couldn't be bothered in the first place. Wanker. "Haha that's all you got" What do you expect at 6pm on a Friday night? A university dissertation? What a giant arsehole you are. Done with you now. Off you fuck.

I expect if these papers are as bad as you make out there would be a shit load of stuff you can link to rather than them quoting something a Minister said. Anyway, hope you have a terrible evening you prick.

2 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Nobody bookmarks like you though do they?

Oh, is this about that time you said PCR tests for Covid could pick up the Flu and common cold and then started crying when it was pointed out you were chatting shit? Or maybe I should really give you something to neg me about, like that time you posted a link to the lockdown sceptics website, which you denied until you were blue in the face.

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What part of my last post was neg worthy? I'm not arsed about a neg I'd just like you to tell me what you object too. 

Just now, Brownie said:

Anything that isn’t exclusively uber-positive, so it would seem.

Nah, he posted utter balls back in November backing herd immunity and shit about PCR tests and got ridiculed for it and since then just negs anyone who doesn't think everything is rosy but won't actually back his views up with an opinion because he knows he's talking shite.

1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

That isn’t the same as spreading fear, if anything all papers in this country have been guilty of underestimating how bad this would become. 

Absolutely this. It started off with "don't worry, it only gives people a short and mild flu like illness". Two months later there's no bog roll left. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Nah, he posted utter balls back in November backing herd immunity and shit about PCR tests and got ridiculed for it and since then just negs anyone who doesn't think everything is rosy but won't actually back his views up with an opinion because he knows he's talking shite.

12 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Sorry I didn’t have loads of bookmarks for you, I’m just not a virgin who wants or is justified to spend time explaining himself to some no mark on the internet. Just  because said no mark demands it. 

I posted an alternative opinion, which you didn’t like, that’s fine. 

Keep on keeping on Captain Bookmark.

EDIT: I neg wankers, not post that aren’t full of positivity. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Sorry I didn’t have loads of bookmarks for you, I’m just not a virgin who wants or is justified to spend time explaining himself to some no mark on the internet. Just  because said no mark demands it. 

Is there anything that screams 'virgin' more than someone saying, unprompted, that they aren't one?

Not really an alternative opinion, more outright lies that are easily provable as being incorrect, but you carry on negging people on the internet Skids like all non-virgins do.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

EDIT: I neg wankers, not post that aren’t full of positivity. 

In other words, you haven't got an alternative argument. And you definitely come across as a virgin (which is a recent development, I used to think you were sound - and yes before you say the obvious, I've always been a cunt blah blah) not Rapey. 

05b.gif

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

According to the Daily Express there is a new symptom specific to vaccinated people who have tested positive - prolific sneezing.

Jammy bastards, I fit that category and have been sneezing a bit but it's hayfever. Sneezing is up there with cheese and Kate Upton  

• Downvote 1