You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Another new variant this time in Yorkshire 

Health officials are investigating a new Covid variant which has caused 49 cases of infection, mostly in Yorkshire and the Humber region.

Public Health England (PHE) has been monitoring the EB1GUM or AV.1 variant since April.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-57199475

Luckily it’s been isolated 

E17w1oaXsAQO6sY?format=jpg&name=medium

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Well, this just got interesting before Wednesday committee meeting...

Read the full thread, today’s stuff starts from 36/

Tweets 36-40 are interesting, saying that herd immunity by September was the original plan, was widely trailed and was only ditched when they realised what a disaster it would be and was subsequently completely denied. We've got Neil Ferguson and the Imperial modellers to thank for that though, not Cummings.

If we take it at face value, for some sort of Svengali guiding the government, no one seems to have taken much notice of his prescient genius. Almost as though he is/ was as useless as 'them', is ever bit as responsible for the utter clusterfuck, and is ascribing hindsight as to what should have happened to his own thoughts at the time. Fucking fraud.

8 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Tweets 36-40 are interesting, saying that herd immunity by September was the original plan, was widely trailed and was only ditched when they realised what a disaster it would be and was subsequently completely denied. We've got Neil Ferguson and the Imperial modellers to thank for that though, not Cummings.

If we take it at face value, for some sort of Svengali guiding the government, no one seems to have taken much notice of his prescient genius. Almost as though he is/ was as useless as 'them', is ever bit as responsible for the utter clusterfuck, and is ascribing hindsight as to what should have happened to his own thoughts at the time. Fucking fraud.

Oh, I agree completely as I've said numerous times he's just a touch smarter than these idiots and in a world of dwarves he was a giant, but like rats in a sack it's going to be vicious.

He has a lot to answer to, but if he manages to take some of these cunts down with him sobeit.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Yep. For a bloke who's supposedly spent his career almost hypnotising those he worked for, he seems pretty incapable of getting them to follow his thought leadership here. Or maybe he's playing the fool after playing for the other team till they bombed him out and he's trying to get on the other side of the argument. Ultimately this fella undermined all his credibility when he started talking about testing his eyes. Which is a shame, as he seems to be keener to bring this government down than the opposition do right now 

News today...

Evidenece suppressed about school infections, Cummings' revelations, border chaos ad nauseam

Questions asked?

'Are the BBC the worst bastards ever for what they did to poor Diana, something she had agreed to do anyway, and should they be shut down forever and hold their head oin shame the horrible, horrible cunts?'

Pathetic.

12 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Let's all just simmer down.

Both the Pfizer and AstraZeneca jabs are highly effective at protecting people from the strain of the Covid-19 virus first found in India, a study by Public Health England (PHE) has found.

Pretty big difference in terms of efficacy against symptomatic disease though - 86% Pfizer vs 60% AstraZeneca (93% vs 66% for the Kent variant). As someone who wasn’t seriously ill at the time but has been beaten to a pulp by COVID itself, I wouldn’t have been thrilled to have to accept the one with less protection against the virus and more chance of causing a fatal blood clot. 

7 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Pretty big difference in terms of efficacy against symptomatic disease though - 86% Pfizer vs 60% AstraZeneca (93% vs 66% for the Kent variant). As someone who wasn’t seriously ill at the time but has been beaten to a pulp by COVID itself, I wouldn’t have been thrilled to have to accept the one with less protection against the virus and more chance of causing a fatal blood clot. 

Yeah I was gutted to get the Oxford one in all honesty, Mrs will get one of the others I suspect as she's under 40.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

News today...

Evidenece suppressed about school infections, Cummings' revelations, border chaos ad nauseam

Questions asked?

'Are the BBC the worst bastards ever for what they did to poor Diana, something she had agreed to do anyway, and should they be shut down forever and hold their head oin shame the horrible, horrible cunts?'

Pathetic.

Yep. Front page of the DM testerday was all about that daft bint who got herself killed in Paris.

3 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I received my doses of AstraZeneca just four weeks apart, which I believe reduces efficacy and longevity.

I think mine is gonna be five weeks, I've given up second guessing these lot. I suspect you and I will be back for a Pfizer "booster" come Christmas.

Just now, Section_31 said:

I think mine is gonna be five weeks, I've given up second guessing these lot. I suspect you and I will be back for a Pfizer "booster" come Christmas.

On administering my second dose, the nurse said “Right, that’s you sorted until autumn”.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I received my doses of AstraZeneca just four weeks apart, which I believe reduces efficacy and longevity.

I had mine five weeks apart and would have preferred to wait a bit longer but the clinic had loads of cancellations and called me to come and get it early.

You’ve got to balance out the possibility the efficacy may be slightly reduced with the fact that if you’d waited another eight weeks to get your second dose, and caught Covid in those eight weeks, then you would have been even less protected.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah I was gutted to get the Oxford one in all honesty, Mrs will get one of the others I suspect as she's under 40.

There are unknowns regarding the mRNA vaccines as well. I wouldn't be more gutted about getting one over the other.

Waiting to pick me ma up from Whiston as she's had an injection for a blood clot in her leg, she had the second jab a couple of weeks back. Her mate had one too and was hospitalised with it, both had the Oxford jab and are in their 60s. Hmm.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Waiting to pick me ma up from Whiston as she's had an injection for a blood clot in her leg, she had the second jab a couple of weeks back. Her mate had one too and was hospitalised with it, both had the Oxford jab and are in their 60s. Hmm.

Hope she’s ok mate