You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

12 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Probably when our family and friends died, or when we all got really sick, just a guess like. 

Fair enough. There's a lot of grief people are dealing with. But "all got really sick" is a bit of a stretch when the confirmed cases suggest 1 in 16 people even had it. 

• Upvote 1

Mum and Dad got their second Phizer jabs last week. Dad was fine, mum had to spend a couple of days in bed with feverish symptoms but is great again now thankfully.  My second AZ Jab is meant to be in the first week of June so hopefully can start looking forward to some sort of normality again soon.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Gotta be partially due to flu being practically non-existent this year, surely?

I should think it would have an effect. Also a lot of the people who would have died this year died last year instead.

Even after restrictions are lifted I definitely plan to keep wearing a mask in certain situations as well as social distancing whenever possible. I haven't had so much as a case of the sniffles since the shit hit the fan and I quite enjoyed it. 

Besides I'm somewhat antisocial and have gotten quite comfortable being able to discreetly mutter under my mask whatever prickish thought pop into my ornery melon. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, scottthecanuck said:

Even after restrictions are lifted I definitely plan to keep wearing a mask in certain situations as well as social distancing whenever possible. I haven't had so much as a case of the sniffles since the shit hit the fan and I quite enjoyed it. 

Besides I'm somewhat antisocial and have gotten quite comfortable being able to discreetly mutter under my mask whatever prickish thought pop into my ornery melon. 

That's true. Whenever I'm waiting in the shop I can say 'get a fucking move on' whenever I'm getting impatient. Which is frequent.

6 hours ago, scottthecanuck said:

I thought the mask didn't stop you getting the sniffles it stopped or reduced the chances of you giving it to others. If that's true thank you for your dedication to keeping me sniffle free.

2 hours ago, Alan Sex said:

Waiting for the tests to say if you can get a Pfizer for your second jab if you had AZ first. 

Only went and got myself the second rate jab the first time, didn’t I. 

You are supposed to have two the same. I think.

What the actual fuck 

India's states should declare an epidemic following a rise in deadly "black fungus" cases, the country's health authorities has said.

The normally rare infection, called mucormycosis, has a mortality rate of 50%, with some only saved by removing an eye or jaw bone.

But in recent months, India saw thousands of cases affecting recovered and recovering Covid-19 patients.

Doctors suspect there may be a link with the steroids used to treat Covid.

Diabetics are at particular risk, with doctors telling the BBC it seems to strike 12 to 15 days after recovery from Covid.