You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Juniper said:

Alluded to this on the Mountain thread but Covid-19 is having a field day going by what climbers are saying at Everest, despite the denial of government officials. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/13/world/asia/climbers-die-mount-everest.html

And this from an expedition that has pulled out 

9725AC79-D6CD-4A78-9171-D596C7AD45DC.jpeg

That’s crazy - there’s a mountain thread on here??

• Upvote 1

Climbing Everest should be in the instant cunt identifiers list, some Berghaus come lately queuing up for hours to get a photo he can put on his desk and use in business banter for the rest of his life. "There's no such thing as can't James, I found that out when I climbed everest."

• Upvote 6

27 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Climbing Everest should be in the instant cunt identifiers list, some Berghaus come lately queuing up for hours to get a photo he can put on his desk and use in business banter for the rest of his life. "There's no such thing as can't James, I found that out when I climbed everest."

I can imagine some managers I've worked for saying that

15 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Have you had your vaccine pal? Glad your dad has I bet that has spared him the worst.

No, I haven't had a vaccine, I'm 39, so easy down the list here in Ireland. 

Cough has gone and I don't wait to tempt faith, but I feel absolutely great today, not that I ever noticed my breathing being restricted, but today I can feel like my lungs are huge or something, odd, maybe my lung capacity was down a touch and I never noticed. 

My brother funnily enough cycles alot and his apple watch was telling him his fitness had dropped off the past week. So maybe that's an indication to 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

And for continuing to spread Covid, using hundreds if not thousands of oxygen canisters on the mountain that overrun Nepal hospitals desperately need.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Several years ago I was on a classroom based training course through work, at the beginning of the course each participant had to stand up in turn and explain who we were, how long we've worked for the department and then something interesting about ourselves. Yup, cringeworthy right?

The first woman stands up: "Hi, I'm Anne. I've worked for the department for nearly 5 years and next summer I'm climbing Mount Kilamenjaro to raise money for charity". Big round of applause.

Next fella: "Hi, I'm Kevin, I've worked here for 10 years and this summer I should have enough hours in to take my pilot's licence." Lots of smugness and high fiving.

Next: "As most of you know, my name is Doreen and I've been here since they built the place (titter / chortle) but what you might not know is that last summer I swam with sharks off the Floridian coast." Loys of oohs and ahs.

My turn, how do you follow that ?!

"My name is Mr. Shepherd, I've been working here for far too long and my ambition is to punch a dwarf"

Deathly silence.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Several years ago I was on a classroom based training course through work, at the beginning of the course each participant had to stand up in turn and explain who we were, how long we've worked for the department and then something interesting about ourselves. Yup, cringeworthy right?

The first woman stands up: "Hi, I'm Anne. I've worked for the department for nearly 5 years and next summer I'm climbing Mount Kilamenjaro to raise money for charity". Big round of applause.

Next fella: "Hi, I'm Kevin, I've worked here for 10 years and this summer I should have enough hours in to take my pilot's licence." Lots of smugness and high fiving.

Next: "As most of you know, my name is Doreen and I've been here since they built the place (titter / chortle) but what you might not know is that last summer I swam with sharks off the Floridian coast." Loys of oohs and ahs.

"My name is Mr. Shepherd, I've been working here for far too long and my ambition is to punch a dwarf"

Deathly silence.

The thing I hated more than anything else about my brief time in the civil service was the "ice breaker" on every training thing.

I used to just make up outlandish bull shit out of sheer boredom to see if people would actually fall for it.

What it taught me is that people will believe almost anything as long as you say it with conviction. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Deathly silence.

We did one of these, my interesting fact was that my second cousin was Compo's stunt double in Last of the Summer Wine, which I thought was genuinely interesting.

I can only assume that offices are just filled with billy bullshitters because they're packed to the rafters with the most boring, bland, beige bastards you'll ever meet in your life, bereft of views on anything beyond Saturday night's television or the latest doings down the gym, yet they all live some sort of secret James Bond lifestyle.

One of them in our meeting reckoned they had a helicopter pilot's license, yet they used to sit there rubbing their thumb and forefinger on a napkin every time they'd eaten a crisp at lunchtime. I could never reconcile these two facts.

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Deathly silence.

Years ago, when I worked in London, we had a new fella from the North East start. On his first day, he introduced himself to the staff by saying, “Hi, my name is David and I’m a fat, thieving, northern cunt”.

• Upvote 2

This post on FB is from the music teacher at the local school.  He works in the kitchen and doesn't wear a mask on 'health grounds', oh and his wife is the deputy head...

"If you check the all-cause mortality figures for the last 10 or 20 years, you will see that 2020 deaths were not abnormally high and that have have been several recent years when more deaths occurred. Obviously, In the event of a pandemic, the all-cause mortality figures would be considerably higher. As this was not the case, there was clearly no pandemic. In harsh winters, more of the very old or those with severe health difficulties are unable to cope and death rates are higher. When there are mild winters (especially consecutively) the health of those elderly and frail is not challenged as hard and fewer die. The next time there is a harsh spell, there are many more who would have died previously had the winters been harsh who suddenly perish together, resulting in unusually high mortality figures for that year. The causes not pertaining to accidents are Cancer, Flu, Heart Attacks, strokes. Pneumonia etc and the numbers are pretty consistent, annually... that is until covid. Now all the causes listed hardly have any victims and nearly all deaths are recorded as covid deaths. This is to justify the claim of the pandemic which clearly does not exist."

4 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

This post on FB is from the music teacher at the local school.  He works in the kitchen and doesn't wear a mask on 'health grounds', oh and his wife is the deputy head...

"If you check the all-cause mortality figures for the last 10 or 20 years, you will see that 2020 deaths were not abnormally high and that have have been several recent years when more deaths occurred. Obviously, In the event of a pandemic, the all-cause mortality figures would be considerably higher. As this was not the case, there was clearly no pandemic. In harsh winters, more of the very old or those with severe health difficulties are unable to cope and death rates are higher. When there are mild winters (especially consecutively) the health of those elderly and frail is not challenged as hard and fewer die. The next time there is a harsh spell, there are many more who would have died previously had the winters been harsh who suddenly perish together, resulting in unusually high mortality figures for that year. The causes not pertaining to accidents are Cancer, Flu, Heart Attacks, strokes. Pneumonia etc and the numbers are pretty consistent, annually... that is until covid. Now all the causes listed hardly have any victims and nearly all deaths are recorded as covid deaths. This is to justify the claim of the pandemic which clearly does not exist."

Oh hello ! 

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Deathly silence.