You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Was invited to overhear a meff outside a shop while I was picking up a coffee today, as he was boasting/shouting to the barista (who seemed fairly indifferent) that he'd had acupuncture over the weekend after meeting an old friend "at the March the previous Saturday". Fine mate have a great time breathing in other dopey cunts air and nailing your colours to the anti-lockdown/vax mast, but do me a favour and don't do it in front of my face and within a stones throw of a major hospital when there is a high probability of NHS staff around.

Imagine being a performative dipshit to that extent.

40 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

They can't both be right.

Depends though doesn't it. 

Dense urban areas masks outside make sense, rural or suburbs less so. If an area is being hard hit with the more contagious variants then mask use outside makes more sense. 

I take my labs for a walk everyday, don't have to wear a mask and I don't, except for the part of my walk that goes through a small densely wooded park with narrow paths, everyone out walking is ready to mask up if you encounter someone on the path. 

Just common sense and no one around here seems to have a problem with it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Prove what? Everyone knows you're the "I look at alternative sources" guy who thought PCR tests pick up colds and the flu. You're not the sharpest tool in the shed on the subject of Covid, to put it lightly. 

Anyway, enough of this.

How long did it take for you to find out that you had made something up?

Yes  , it was something I was questioning, as something didn't sit right with me about them. And still don't in some ways, but I have far more important things to be worrying about than whether I may have been right or wrong on an internet forum.

2 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Negged by the idiot who unironically posted stuff from lockdownsceptics.org. it's almost an honour.

So again prove it. Where is the stuff I apparently posted stuff form lockdownsceptics.org then?

1 hour ago, RobbieOR said:

It isnt dishonest, there is a complete lack of understanding about why people end up at them. The people who organise them are clearly cunts but the people who end up are brainwashed by them as they've been failed by governments for over a year. Calling them selfish cunts only reaffirms to some of them that they've been left behind. Its always the reason why a Trump gets elected or why something like Brexit happens. 

I tried to explain this to some  on here who can't seem to get their head around some people's decisions in getting on board with the protests.

I've found it is pointless task Robbie, unless you 100% agree with the majority on here then your opinion means fuck all and you are the following (generic list from here and twitter etc):

1) Anti-Vaxer

2) Right wing loon.

3) Want everybody to die.

4) Tory.

5) Gammon

Even though you have never demonstrated any of this before, you're labelled beacuse people don't understand that you don't think the same as them.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

How long did it take for you to find out that you had made something up?

Yes  , it was something I was questioning, as something didn't sit right with me about them. And still don't in some ways, but I have far more important things to be worrying about than whether I may have been right or wrong on an internet forum.

So again prove it. Where is the stuff I apparently posted stuff form lockdownsceptics.org then?

You didn't, you posted opinions that would come from the likes of those sites. Your "alternative sources", including that crazy Yeadon guy. Happy? 

It turns out I didn't have time to look through all the shite you posted, either. I just remembered you weren't the smartest guy which was correct. 

20 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You didn't, you posted opinions that would come from the likes of those sites. Your "alternative sources", including that crazy Yeadon guy. Happy? 

It turns out I didn't have time to look through all the shite you posted, either. I just remembered you weren't the smartest guy which was correct. 

Ha! 

So now you’re changing your angle and are trying to squirm your way out of lying. 

Again, back up your bullshit. 

You want to throw accusations then back it up. 

9 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Ha! 

So now you’re changing your angle and are trying to squirm your way out of lying. 

Again, back up your bullshit. 

You want to throw accusations then back it up. 

Haha, squirm? I just didn't go back and read all your posts, my bad. I was talking shite about the site and also wasn't talking shite about you if you know what I mean. Because you were spouting very similar nonsense to what those sites do.

Congrats on thinking you won cause I forgot you didn't directly quote the site, I guess. 

12 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Hang on a minute sweet cheeks, it’s not about winning. It’s about you getting your facts right before you start throwing incorrect accusations around.

Of course. You talking about getting facts right in this thread is great, though, I'll say that.

• Upvote 1

On 03/05/2021 at 18:59, TheHowieLama said:

Lets be honest - the Swedes are a little smarter than Brits - also a tad more courteous with a bit more societal/communal nous.

So, win-win for them. 

On 03/05/2021 at 19:15, belarus said:

Are they?

On 03/05/2021 at 19:16, TheHowieLama said:

They are better looking as well and their accents are ace. Still, cold rainy weekday nights in Stoke.

tumblr_inline_p1gttjxmRW1qmc74o_250.gifv

Hmmm.

Merkel Opposes Waiving Patents (11:55 a.m. NY)

German Chancellor Angela Merkel weighed in against a U.S. proposal to waive patent protections for Covid-19 vaccines, casting doubt on whether the idea has enough international support to become a reality.

The U.S. plan would create “severe complications” for the production of vaccines, a German government spokeswoman said Thursday in an email. Without the incentive of profits from research and development spending, drugmakers might not move as aggressively to make vaccines in the future, the industry has argued

28 minutes ago, Jockey said:

20% increase in the amount of alcohol related deaths in 2020. So clearly it seems that lockdowns were very, very difficult for lots of people.

No, they're just selfish bastards, as are the thousands of people whose businesses have gone to the wall.

India reported a 412,262 new Covid-19 cases Thursday, a new single-day record, according to figures released by the Indian Health Ministry. 

The country also reported 3,980 Covid-19 related deaths on Thursday, another new single-day record. 

To date, 230,168 who have contracted the virus in India have died.

India is in the midst of a severe second wave of cases. In the past 30 days, the country has recorded 8.3 million cases. 

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

India reported a 412,262 new Covid-19 cases Thursday, a new single-day record, according to figures released by the Indian Health Ministry. 

The country also reported 3,980 Covid-19 related deaths on Thursday, another new single-day record. 

To date, 230,168 who have contracted the virus in India have died.

India is in the midst of a severe second wave of cases. In the past 30 days, the country has recorded 8.3 million cases. 

Selfish bastards.