You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

25 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nearly 135 thousand people have died due to this since it started in the UK and Ireland. It would be far more than that without any lockdowns as the spikes clearly showed. It's been shit for everyone but get some perspective. 

Grow up, you're one of the worst on here for this strawman shite. You claim to be a leftie yet you constantly come on here and spout the exact 'selfish cunts' angle that a tory would spout. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

10 hours ago, RobbieOR said:

I'm not really advocating what Stronts has been posting, but to dumb down the effects of the past year to people being selfish cunts is very wrong and very annoying to read. It might be hard for someone in America to understand this but it's been illegal for a lot of people to see family members and friends since the end of last summer and a lot of people have been out of work in that period. I would never throw my hat in with the people organising those protests as they're generally far right groups but a lot of people that end up at them because they've been fucked over and end up being duped in that typical way the far right recruit people. 

5 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

Grow up, you're one of the worst on here for this strawman shite. You claim to be a leftie yet you constantly come on here and spout the exact 'selfish cunts' angle that a tory would spout. 

'Strawman shite' ? Go on point out the strawman shite in my post. Is it me pointing out the number of deaths? Because if it is I'd say that definitely puts you in the selfish cunt bracket. 

As for the rest of your utter bollocks of a post ...... get fucked. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Care to say why you negged that @Skidfingers McGonical I'm not arsed at a neg one bit or anyone disagreeing but come on what was wrong in that post? What did you disagree with? I know you were crying about masks in the middle of it all so I suspect you're one of the anti-lockdown brigade despite people dying in their thousands. 

I negged it beacuse it was negworthy. As are most of your aggressive posts. You don't have post some aggressive shite towards people when they don't agree with you. You don't have to neg because you disagree. Crying prick.

Stop acting a cunt.

EDIT: I didn't cry about anything, I just said I had difficulty with masks and understood why people would be worse than me, but I still wore them.

You don't half make some massive assumptions on people without reading and understanding hteior point.

Bellend. Take a break from here.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I negged it beacuse it was negworthy. As are most of your aggressive posts. You don't have post some aggressive shite towards people when they don't agree with you. You don't have to neg because you disagree. Crying prick.

Stop acting a cunt.

EDIT: I didn't cry about anything, I just said I had difficulty with masks and understood why people would be worse than me, but I still wore them.

You don't half make some massive assumptions on people without reading and understanding hteior point.

Bellend. Take a break from here.

Load of shite and pure hypocrisy. Wind your neck in. 

Just now, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Take your own advice lad.

You’ve called me a prick a cunt and a bellend in one post. And you have the nerve to call me aggressive for disagreeing? My post wasn’t a bellend post I was pointing out deaths and asking for perspective. Clown 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You’ve called me a prick a cunt and a bellend in one post. And you have the nerve to call me aggressive for disagreeing? My post wasn’t a bellend post I was pointing out deaths and asking for perspective. Clown 

Stop crying, especially when the shoe is on the other foot.

And yes I do have the nerve, how very rude of me. How dare I call you out for your keyboard warrior work on here. 

It's fucking boring, in every thread. Every day. Every week. Every month and so on.

crying? Skids I couldn’t give a fuck what you call me it means nothing to me. I wanted to know why you’d negged a post asking for perspective. Keyboard warrior? Hahaha lad you are a complete whopper. Put me on ignore. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, RobbieOR said:

I dont think you are personally, any lockdowns in the UK and Ireland especially have been far more tough and longer than most other places. I'm not trying to make this personal but I've been living in lockdown with the exception of two weeks at Christmas since the start of October. To dumb it down to people being 'unhappy about not going to the pub for a couple of months' at this stage of the pandemic is completely wrong.

Oh, woe is you then, eh. Been harder for you than for everyone else. 

• Downvote 2

3 hours ago, RobbieOR said:

I dont think you are personally, any lockdowns in the UK and Ireland especially have been far more tough and longer than most other places. I'm not trying to make this personal but I've been living in lockdown with the exception of two weeks at Christmas since the start of October. To dumb it down to people being 'unhappy about not going to the pub for a couple of months' at this stage of the pandemic is completely wrong.

Also, this is so dishonest. You use the word "people" in the general sense as if I've said everyone dissatisfied with lockdowns are selfish when I've clearly said the moron lockdown protesters and the snide people like SD are selfish. But you knew that.

You just also felt like being a cunt. It's fine. Lockdown's been harder for you than everybody else, clearly, I'll give you a pass. 

• Downvote 1

Five years jail and a $51,000 fine: that’s the price Australian citizens can expect to pay if they’ve been in India and try to board a flight home to Australia in coming weeks.

The new border policy, announced under the country’s Biosecurity Act without public consultation at midnight Saturday, may have ramifications for what it means to be a citizen in a democracy.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Five years jail and a $51,000 fine: that’s the price Australian citizens can expect to pay if they’ve been in India and try to board a flight home to Australia in coming weeks.

The new border policy, announced under the country’s Biosecurity Act without public consultation at midnight Saturday, may have ramifications for what it means to be a citizen in a democracy.

Ooof, thats a bit steep.

Wait thats Australian dollars. So its 5 years in jail and £27,788.62. Quite lenient in that case.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Also, this is so dishonest. You use the word "people" in the general sense as if I've said everyone dissatisfied with lockdowns are selfish when I've clearly said the moron lockdown protesters and the snide people like SD are selfish. But you knew that.

You just also felt like being a cunt. It's fine. Lockdown's been harder for you than everybody else, clearly, I'll give you a pass. 

It isnt dishonest, there is a complete lack of understanding about why people end up at them. The people who organise them are clearly cunts but the people who end up are brainwashed by them as they've been failed by governments for over a year. Calling them selfish cunts only reaffirms to some of them that they've been left behind. Its always the reason why a Trump gets elected or why something like Brexit happens. 

17 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Who?

If you are talking about me, prove it.

Prove what? Everyone knows you're the "I look at alternative sources" guy who thought PCR tests pick up colds and the flu. You're not the sharpest tool in the shed on the subject of Covid, to put it lightly. 

Anyway, enough of this.

13 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

I'll save myself some time as I'm too busy to do the whole back and forth:

Everyone is a CUNT

In their own special way this is absolutely spot on. I"m sure I come across like a massive cunt about it because of what I went through with my mum but when people are echoing the words of the likes of Toby Young and not actual scientists it just annoys me. It's pure ignorance. Lockdown has been horrible for everyone, nobody has ever disputed that but it saved lives and unfortunately was absolutely essential. January post xmas spike proves that. I still can't believe we have people disputing it. Its shit that people have lost jobs/money etc, absolutely abhorrent how self-employed people were left out but its also been tragic seeing covid take thousands of lives. If we hadn't locked down who knows how high the numbers could have got. 

• Upvote 1

*Comes into thread hoping to read updates on vaccines, new variants, positive and negatives in countries, good news, bad news, end games, etc.  Sees the usual thread ruining people slaughtering each other about the exact same things they've been slaughtering each other about for a year. Leaves thread and promises self won't come back but knows I will in the coming weeks*

7 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

*Comes into thread hoping to read updates on vaccines, new variants, positive and negatives in countries, good news, bad news, end games, etc.  Sees the usual thread ruining people slaughtering each other about the exact same things they've been slaughtering each other about for a year. Leaves thread and promises self won't come back but knows I will in the coming weeks*

A short bit about following the scientists. In some countries, you have to wear a face mask outside. In other countries, such as our own, the official advice (which I agree with) is that the risk in the open air is negligible, and face masks do not need to be worn. So which is it? They can't both be right.

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

A short bit about following the scientists. In some countries, you have to wear a face mask outside. In other countries, such as our own, the official advice (which I agree with) is that the risk in the open air is negligible, and face masks do not need to be worn. So which is it? They can't both be right.

They are both right, it's a differing view of the risk/willingness to take the risk. I happen to agree with the uk advice just like you unless its in a crowd. They were still asking for people to wear masks in crowds in the UK anyway weren't they?