You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The most bonkers shit about the mutations is that we keep letting them in. Yeah let's vaccinate half the population and start to reopen but then let the Brazilian under 15s football team in because economy.

Look at New Zealand. It’s almost like being an island should give you an advantage...

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I’ve heard that MI6 have been discouraged from digging too deeply into this, the Government don’t want to be told its man made becuase they have to do something with that intelligence. Better not to know. 

I appreciate the political aspect of this, but the question is whether or not China could help more by disclosing a key bit of information that would make the vaccines effective.  Or are we just pissing in the wind and putting way too much faith in the vaccines, are they doomed to fail.  We need to know, however painful that is, because they can't keep the world in neutral gear for years.  

Looking at China, they have aimed for total elimination of Covid.  Not hoping that vaccines will sort it. We don't necessarily need a war on this, just admission it was a mistake, and how to get rid of it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I’ve heard that MI6 have been discouraged from digging too deeply into this, the Government don’t want to be told its man made becuase they have to do something with that intelligence. Better not to know. 

Kurtzy's source sharing the evidence...

image.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

3m dead out of 140m infections so that’s 2%. If we assume a global population of 6,000m, that could be 120m deaths eventually. This is a long way from being over. 

It will be over by last winter derrrrr 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

It will be over by last winter derrrrr 

Leave it now. Just be thankful we never had a second wave.

2 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I appreciate the political aspect of this, but the question is whether or not China could help more by disclosing a key bit of information that would make the vaccines effective.  Or are we just pissing in the wind and putting way too much faith in the vaccines, are they doomed to fail.  We need to know, however painful that is, because they can't keep the world in neutral gear for years.  

Looking at China, they have aimed for total elimination of Covid.  Not hoping that vaccines will sort it. We don't necessarily need a war on this, just admission it was a mistake, and how to get rid of it. 

Not sure what you mean here. China's shady as fuck, but they sequenced the virus pretty quickly and shared the info. If they created it and either deliberately or accidentally released it- which seems unlikely- and have the 'key', then what's the end game here? They've also created their own vaccine and supplied it to other countries, but I'm not aware of any reports that say it's any better than the Russian and Western vaccines.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Leave it now. Just be thankful we never had a second wave.

Not sure what you mean here. China's shady as fuck, but they sequenced the virus pretty quickly and shared the info. If they created it and either deliberately or accidentally released it- which seems unlikely- and have the 'key', then what's the end game here? They've also created their own vaccine and supplied it to other countries, but I'm not aware of any reports that say it's any better than the Russian and Western vaccines.

I think they are saying it isn’t as efficient the first few weeks after getting it. One of the reasons why so many is dead or infected in Chile and still so many is also vaccinated. 

Paddy, the old boy from Dublin, and his mrs that live down the lane, popped round for a coffee and a chat this afternoon. He's about to have his 2nd AZ jab in a few days and is well pleased.

Well he was until I explained that he has been injected with Protestantism

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

3m dead out of 140m infections so that’s 2%. If we assume a global population of 6,000m, that could be 120m deaths eventually. This is a long way from being over. 

There will be a huge number of unconfirmed infections. I agree its a long way from being over, but I think we are over the worst of it in the UK.

1 hour ago, A Red said:

Paddy, the old boy from Dublin, and his mrs that live down the lane, popped round for a coffee and a chat this afternoon. He's about to have his 2nd AZ jab in a few days and is well pleased.

Well he was until I explained that he has been injected with Protestantism

Hows the black eye? 

6 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Global population is nearer 7.7 billion so that's roughly 155million deaths given a 2% mortality. Now, one caveat to that is that its 3 million out if 140 million KNOWN cases. They, whoever they are, science types mainly,reckon that the death rate, when considering estimated unreported cases is between 0.5% and 1%. 

That's still a potential for anywhere between 40 to 80 million deaths if we all got it. Catastrophic numbers regardless. 

13 hours ago, Section_31 said:

The most bonkers shit about the mutations is that we keep letting them in. Yeah let's vaccinate half the population and start to reopen but then let the Brazilian under 15s football team in because economy.

And then we have a PM that is popping over to India a country that isn't even on the red list, has rising infections and a new variant

Kinda looks like someone is desperate for a trade deal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56777062

My mum’s still pretty sick, but thankfully doesn’t seem to be getting any worse. I guess we’ll never know for sure, but I dread to think how this might have played out if she hadn’t had her first vaccine. 

I knew this already, but now I really know (if that makes any sense), this is one fucker of an illness if it properly takes hold. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 13

16 hours ago, Elite said:

Trust me. Don't drink.

Had a couple of beers in the end but felt really shitty and went to bed.  Very sore arm and a bit achy today but nothing terminal. Had no reaction to the first jab but the second Pfizer one is a bit of bastard. 

I can’t stand people who say things like “it’s only 2% you’ve got more chance of >insert irrelevant comment<“ how about we think about the 3 million people who have died eh? 

Lies, damn lies and statistics as they say...

3 million dead! Fuck. 

48 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

My mum’s still pretty sick, but thankfully doesn’t seem to be getting any worse. I guess we’ll never know for sure, but I dread to think how this might have played out if she hadn’t had her first vaccine. 

I knew this already, but now I really know (if that makes any sense), this is one fucker of an illness if it properly takes hold. 

She doesn't know any of us but give her our love and ask her to pick something from the ann summers catalogue for when she's better. 

• Upvote 2

She doesn't know any of us but give her our love and ask her to pick something from the ann summers catalogue for when she's better. 

Seconded.

But Lovehoney is way better.

Seriously, best wishes to her and hopefully she'll get better soon.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Section_31 said:

There seems to actually be some people who would prefer to have their 2 weeks holiday to Ibiza etc this summer and live like prisoners the rest of the year as opposed to just accepting borders are closed whilst we get over this shite, meaning no 2 weeks abroad but closer to normal living for the rest of the year.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Hope your mum recovers quickly YR.

Thank and same to all. I think she will be ok but she’s having it tough. 

Last Monday morning she went swimming. Today she can’t even turn the tap on to put water in the kettle or get upstairs for her Parkinson’s medication. Luckily she has three of her five offspring relatively close who can help but the COVID has basically wiped out her independence in less than a week. 

Hopefully the worst of it is just temporary but I suspect she’s going to need to prepare herself for some changes from here on in. 

I’d encourage her to keep busy by reading the forums but she’d be appalled by some of the breakfast photos on the GF and the lack of subject matter expertise on the FF.  She’s suffering enough. 

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, magicrat said:

Had a couple of beers in the end but felt really shitty and went to bed.  Very sore arm and a bit achy today but nothing terminal. Had no reaction to the first jab but the second Pfizer one is a bit of bastard. 

Had my second Pfizer one yesterday, I was zonked out all morning and I'm back in bed now, feels a bit like I've had some codeine or something. Not terrible and I'm definitely not complaining, but it was pretty exhausting looking after a toddler this afternoon.