You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

DM comments section. "This government has made a pigs ear of this" "Oh look another loony leftie... would Corbyn have done any better?! NO! So shut up!" This government will never be properly held to account because for 60% of the population they can do no wrong. 

Not quite, of the people eligable to vote 67.3 % turned out and of those 43.6% voted these cunts in.

Reform is needed.

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Not quite, of the people eligable to vote 67.3 % turned out and of those 43.6% voted these cunts in.

Reform is needed.

I'd say that ilk probably sits around 60% of the population especially when you factor in BnP/UKIP types. 

5 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, I was more venting as I’m hearing similar from people I thought would know, and I knew, better.

County is a basket case at the minute and it’s all very deliberate and knowing and, sadly, I don’t see this changing anytime soon as one hand is washing the other clean here to a degree not seen before.

The countries moral compass has been destroyed by having this fraud in charge and it’ll take a generation, at least, to get it back to normal, if that’s possible after this shitfest. 

It's not just this country. I don't see much sanity anywhere globally. 

5 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Reform is needed.

Good luck with that. The Tories will never vote for a more proportional system and the only way labour will is if they get in power and think they'll never do it again. But if they get in under FPTP, they will believe they can do it again. 

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

Denmark to ditch AZ altogether. EU looks ready to focus on Pfizer / Biontech in the future, judging by new orders, as I expected. Seems they want to proceed with mRNA vaccines only, Moderna and in a month or two, Curevac.

Let's hope AZ is safe and it takes away another potential problem for the dickheads here if we have limitless supply of AZ, we will get everyone who wants it vaccinated. It's certainly a gamble, but let's be honest having Johnson and co on charge anyway is a gamble. 

Had jab.

Sadly was the AZ one and no other option....appt was 225 (i was on time) but never got jab until 320.

Big queue outside must have been 35 mins or so before even got inside then about 20 mins going through system once inside before jab.

Feel ok so far, no additional limbs, Gates' microchip is comfortable - can't tell it is there 

Gonna have a kip anyway - if i wake up dead i just want you all to know you are all meffs, but i loved you.

Cheers

• Upvote 9

That curevac vaccine looks promising. Only needs to be stored at fridge temperatures and for up to 3 months and it's the smallest jab by volume at 12 mcg. 450 million doses ordered by UK and eu and they reckon they can have 300 million doses this year with a further 1 billion next. Approval by June they hope. 

Medical research

Oxford/AstraZeneca Covid vaccine research ‘was 97% publicly funded

At least 97% of the funding for the development of the Oxford/AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine has been identified as coming from taxpayers or charitable trusts, according to the first attempt to reconstruct who paid for the decades of research that led to the lifesaving formulation.

Using two different methods of inquiry, researchers were able to identify the source of hundreds of millions of pounds of research grants from the year 2000 onwards for published work on what would eventually become the novel technology that underpins the jab, as well as funding for the final product

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/apr/15/oxfordastrazeneca-covid-vaccine-research-was-97-publicly-funded

Call this morning to say a teacher in my daughters class has tested positive (all the teachers have been vaccinated so she should be ok) and she’s got to isolate until a week Monday. 

Third time she’s had to isolate since September. The wife is in work so I had a nice day off to myself planned which has gone up in smoke. On the plus side I’ve got a helper to help me sand down this bench and paint it. 

41F2B56E-332A-4B56-9E1D-CCE512580C28.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

24 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Call this morning to say a teacher in my daughters class has tested positive (all the teachers have been vaccinated so she should be ok) and she’s got to isolate until a week Monday. 

Third time she’s had to isolate since September. The wife is in work so I had a nice day off to myself planned which has gone up in smoke. On the plus side I’ve got a helper to help me sand down this bench and paint it. 

41F2B56E-332A-4B56-9E1D-CCE512580C28.jpeg

I'm concerned by the moisture marks on the brickwork. Right at DPC level there.

One of the ‘good’ things that has come out of this is in relation to cancer and its treatment. Looks like the way the mRNA vaccines has been created  for COVID might also be a way to creat some treatments for some forms of cancer. Perhaps there might be a tiny small sliver of good coming out of this shitty thing. 

• Upvote 1