You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Dr Nowt said:

Just had my second AZ one and I’ve never known someone given a vaccination like it. Extended her forearm back as high as she could then stabbed it down as hard as she could. Should have taken a fucking run-up in a crash helmet or had Raymond van Barneveld lash it at my arm from the other side of the room, the mentalist.

"Which one?"

"The one with the beard in the Argentina top"

robin-hood-gif.gif

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Pfizer. I had similar off the first jab but worse 2nd time around.

I had Pfizer. First dose on a Wednesday morning with no real issues until the Saturday when I was wiped out for 24 hours then perfectly fine. 

No issues with the 2nd jab at all.

It's weird how different people are affected in different ways. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Elite said:

2nd shot has really wiped me out. Started at 11pm last night, high temperature, foggy head and muscle pain all over. Grim.

Having had covid too I bet you've got antibodies out the ass now. You should sell some.

Feel better Champ.

• Upvote 1

Not going to speak too soon as the last AZ jab fucked me like a train and I’m genuinely apprehensive about it doing so again, but I’ve currently only got a nothingy sore throat and a fucked arm where someone threw a javelin at me. Long may it continue.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Brownie said:

The government are gonna really fuck this up again aren't they?

"Data not dates" but then they pick the dates and refuse to move from them.

Seems so. Plus, loads of people have just gone back to normal already from what I can see.

2 hours ago, Brownie said:

The government are gonna really fuck this up again aren't they?

"Data not dates" but then they pick the dates and refuse to move from them.

Reopening non-essential shops, cinemas, hairdressers, etc. when there are clinically extremely vulnerable people yet to have the second dose of the vaccine, is ridiculous. My wife isn’t due to have hers until May.

10 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Last week, I saw someone on Twitter, moaning that he looked liked a hippy because he hadn’t been able to have his hair cut. Silly cunt! Hair grows about half an inch per month!

Any chance you can tell your mum to trim her bush mate? My mouth looks like I've got a woodstock native hanging off me tonsils 

• Upvote 1

On 10/04/2021 at 12:05, Dr Nowt said:

Just had my second AZ one and I’ve never known someone given a vaccination like it. Extended her forearm back as high as she could then stabbed it down as hard as she could. Should have taken a fucking run-up in a crash helmet or had Raymond van Barneveld lash it at my arm from the other side of the room, the mentalist.

20+ years ago I was getting my blood taken and stupidly said yes to allow a nurse student to be allowed to take it. She got it wrong 8 times before she had to go and get help from someone. The next week my whole arm was totally blue and hurt like fuck. That fucking taught me not to allow students do that job. I guess it is similar here. We give you 2 hrs training, now start hacking away at people's arms.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DJLJ said:

20+ years ago I was getting my blood taken and stupidly said yes to allow a nurse student to be allowed to take it. She got it wrong 8 times before she had to go and get help from someone. The next week my whole arm was totally blue and hurt like fuck. That fucking taught me not to allow students do that job. I guess it is similar here. We give you 2 hrs training, now start hacking away at people's arms.

It doesn't matter who tries to take my blood it's the same result. My veins are terrible so 7 or 8 attempts is usual for me, even Phlebotomists have trouble.

Even when they manage to find a vein it usually gives up producing half way through. 

I've got an appointment this morning to have my bloods done, I'm really looking forward to it. 

19 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Not going to speak too soon as the last AZ jab fucked me like a train and I’m genuinely apprehensive about it doing so again, but I’ve currently only got a nothingy sore throat and a fucked arm where someone threw a javelin at me. Long may it continue.

You ok hun?

Expectation would be that you should have got off more lightly than first time round

• Upvote 1

Looks like they hav found out what causes the blood clots with the AZ vaccine:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2104840?query=featured_home

Hopefully that will help in finding out a way to either test people first and check if the might have this problem or perhaps give them a different vaccine for the unfortunate few that has this problem. Also, there is already medicine that can help with this, so that is also good news.

And no I don't understand half the words in that article either, I got the dumbed down version from here (In danish)

https://ekstrabladet.dk/nyheder/samfund/farligt-antistof-kan-forklare-sjaeldne-blodpropper-efter-vaccine/8530455