You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

26 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Mate I wouldn't beat yourself up, sounds 100% normal that. When things settle down thogh I'd look at getting some talk therapy to nip it in the bud.

I'm not that arsed anymore mate, even with all this bad press about the vaccines causing them. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Don't worry - we are bringing in the new Brazilian model as we speak.

The Brazilian one is so 2020. The South African one is where it's at. 

6 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Like the Israeli variant?

I don't think they trialled it there did they? Could be wrong. But by all accounts you've got to steamroller the virus when you vaccinate otherwise you run the risk of mutations which are better able to evade it emerging then spreading.

Both South Africa and Brazil were petri dishes for the Oxford jab, both have lots of people living in densely packed communities. If you only jab a few and that inhibits the spread, perhaps that leaves the door open to any mutations which do emerge spreading quickly?

As I say, I've no idea, but just think it's weird that both countries were in the news a lot in the summer as testing grounds for vaccines.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I don't think they trialled it there did they? Could be wrong. But by all accounts you've got to steamroller the virus when you vaccinate otherwise you run the risk of mutations which are better able to evade it emerging then spreading.

Both South Africa and Brazil were petri dishes for the Oxford jab, both have lots of people living in densely packed communities. If you only jab a few and that inhibits the spread, perhaps that leaves the door open to any mutations which do emerge spreading quickly?

As I say, I've no idea, but just think it's weird that both countries were in the news a lot in the summer as testing grounds for vaccines.

Israel is considered a huge real world trial for Pfizer BioNTech, that's why they got all those vaccines.

Their clinical trial was in the US.

I'm no conspiracy theorist but any rules brought in specifically to deal with Corona should be removed as soon as safe to do so. I think if you give a government especially one with as many self serving sociopaths as ours its a slippery slope.

The Covid passport makes me uneasy overall, more so with being able to enjoy domestic freedoms rather than international travel. It becomes a tip of the wedge to a credit system like China's with complete control and authority because without compliance you are stripped of all access to infrastructure youve paid towards your whole life. I know measures need to be taken to save life but I find some of the solutions a bit scary. These aren't normal times but the solutions shouldn't be allowed to be normalised. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

On the vaccine wars and diplomacy.

Why Italyblocked 250,000 AZ doses for Australia in February makes more sense now. So, when the EU demanded from AZ more balance in deliveries between the UK and EU, the company or the UK government apparently responded by sending 300,000 doses from Britain to Australia.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/apr/08/uk-ministers-silent-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-shipment-australia-eu-blocked-export

So Gupta, who has been against lockdowns from the very start of Covid, advised Johnson not to go into lockdown because her epidemiology research organization received a 80K donation from some reach people living in Switzerland who last donated to Conservative Party in 2016.  And Johnson then made a momentous decision because Gupta told him to, all because there was a donation of 80K to Gupta's epidemiology research in the middle of the huge epidemic from reach people who donate to various other causes.

23 minutes ago, SasaS said:

So Gupta, who has been against lockdowns from the very start of Covid, advised Johnson not to go into lockdown because her epidemiology research organization received a 80K donation from some reach people living in Switzerland who last donated to Conservative Party in 2016.  And Johnson then made a momentous decision because Gupta told him to, all because there was a donation of 80K to Gupta's epidemiology research in the middle of the huge epidemic from reach people who donate to various other causes.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

On 07/04/2021 at 22:26, Section_31 said:

Without going all YouTube, isn't it odd that the variants sprang up where the vaccines were trialed en masse? Wonder if it had a bit of a darwinism effect and only the stronger strains were able to spread?

I've been saying this for ages. If only the strongest variants continue to infect people after vaccination, only those variants will remain to infect the unvacinated which can't be a good thing. 

My new next door neighbour who works on the oil rigs, thinks hes a bit of a rough and tough guy, was due his first one yesterday and was asking me how I got on with mine. I told him that the next day I felt a bit tired and had a headache.

Saw him this morning and apparently he has no side effects at all because he told it to fuck off. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, niallers said:

I've been saying this for ages. If only the strongest variants continue to infect people after vaccination, only those variants will remain to infect the unvacinated which can't be a good thing. 

So basically, you think vaccines are shite in general?

5 hours ago, Captain said:

So basically, you think vaccines are shite in general?

Of course not. My comment was just an observation. Given the suspicious origins of this thing, having only the stronger variants survive is a sobering thought. Everyone should be vaccinated asap. 

Just had my second AZ one and I’ve never known someone given a vaccination like it. Extended her forearm back as high as she could then stabbed it down as hard as she could. Should have taken a fucking run-up in a crash helmet or had Raymond van Barneveld lash it at my arm from the other side of the room, the mentalist.

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Just had my second AZ one and I’ve never known someone given a vaccination like it. Extended her forearm back as high as she could then stabbed it down as hard as she could. Should have taken a fucking run-up in a crash helmet or had Raymond van Barneveld lash it at my arm from the other side of the room, the mentalist.

Coincidentally I've just had mine literally a minute ago (Sat in the recovery room) and the guy did it similar to as you say. 

"Sharp scratch..."

images.jpeg

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, niallers said:

Of course not. My comment was just an observation. Given the suspicious origins of this thing, having only the stronger variants survive is a sobering thought. Everyone should be vaccinated asap. 

But that's no special circumstance exclusively for this virus, that's why I asked.