You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

16 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Why him - you made the statement. 

If you look at the context of the statement, I am merely making an affirmation of the claims (mistakenly) made based on the order and context of the posts previously made by the aforementioned. I have never personally made a claim that the vaccine either stops the spreading or the contracting of the virus. I have merely pointed out that the direction of spread has perhaps been mistaken in the case of President Alberto Fernandez.

Don't vaccines just prepare your immune response. So your immune system sees the virus and can get to work fighting it straight away. Hopefully with a decent enough immune response you don't reach the point where you are infectious, and of course that means likely won't be very ill. 

Doesn't mean you can't catch it, doesn't mean you won't feel like shit while your body fights it. Our immune systems are affected by lots of things, age for example. 

Well - there is a chance Sputnik may not be at the forefront of vaccine technology but if it ( vaccine) doesn't mitigate a persons chances of getting it (which is what vaccines do and what every manufacturer has suggested) and less people getting it doesn't slow the spread (which by definition it would) then we may be barking up the wrong tree.

I guess I don't see where @SasaS made that claim.

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Well - there is a chance Sputnik may not be at the forefront of vaccine technology but if it ( vaccine) doesn't mitigate a persons chances of getting it (which is what vaccines do and what every manufacturer has suggested) and less people getting it doesn't slow the spread (which by definition it would) then we may be barking up the wrong tree.

I guess I don't see where @SasaS made that claim.

As I replied to @SasaS, @Grinch said vaccines are not designed to stop the contracting of the virus. @SasaS replied saying that they are, just not 100% effective.

Not a big deal, I certainly wasn't trying to make or break any claims. Just wanted to point out the spread/contracting difference as @Grinch specified contracting.

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nice of them to use terms like "The Big Re-opening" and that twat of a PM saying he will be going to the pub on Monday 12th. Really fucking sensible. Anyone would think you don't want people to use caution. 

Between now and April 12th there could be up to 56,000 new foreign tourists wanting to go to the pub. Got to let them know somehow.

No idea what any of that means. Grinch's comment was pretty obviously sarcastic.

The rollout of Sputnik was highly questioned at the time. Their initial claims were based on trials involving like two dozen people It is interesting to see the AZ effort seems to have dovetailed with it over the last few months.

I'd like to kick a few of the 'big-reopening' blerts in the fucking bollocks. You just know people will be strolling round shops without masks thinking they're mad when in-fact they are scruffy selfish cunts with winnits. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Grinch said:

So?  Vaccines aren't meant to stop you from contracting something. 

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

No idea what any of that means. Grinch's comment was pretty obviously sarcastic.

The rollout of Sputnik was highly questioned at the time. Their initial claims were based on trials involving like two dozen people It is interesting to see the AZ effort seems to have dovetailed with it over the last few months.

I'm not sure what post you're referring to. the post above doesn't come across as particularly sarcastic.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Ask him if you want.

For me it is just missing the ... at the end.

Is a question without a question mark a question.

On 05/04/2021 at 13:25, General Dryness said:

I'm sure whichever nurse draws the short straw will be delighted to ram a sharp object into you. Better hope she isn't that thick that she misses and sticks it in your eye.

She was actually a very nice little ol' dear, with surprisingly good aim. 

Other than an arm that feels like it's been run over , no other side effects as yet.

Pfizer rules

1 minute ago, Duff Man said:

Did you have a reaction to the first one?

Yeah. Had a mild fever for about two days and my lymph node under my armpit (Side I was injected) swelled up and was painful. Obviously mile's better than getting Covid.

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah. Had a mild fever for about two days and my lymph node under my armpit (Side I was injected) swelled up and was painful. Obviously mile's better than getting Covid.

It's mad how different peoples reactions are. She's said she's feeling nauseous today and has no appetite. It's 6 days since she had hers. 

Just now, Elite said:

Yeah for sure. I'd take a full week of that in exchange for the jab, tbh. Do you have any lingering symptoms from the 'rona?

2 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Yeah for sure. I'd take a full week of that in exchange for the jab, tbh. Do you have any lingering symptoms from the 'rona?

I get chest pains now and again but that's probably anxiety more than anything. I've had a chest X-Ray since and no lasting damage was found on my lungs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Stickman said:

I guess the moral is don't wear big fuck off heels when going through Polish airport Covid checks 

That's fucking brilliant. 

Some people are just cunts and need a bit of that.  He's complaining about taking a test? What, a swab insert?  When you look like you'd shove a dirty pineapple up your arse?  I'm utterly sick of these 'my rights' cunts. Now he has the right to remain silent.