You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

16 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, London was a shitfest today, walked past one park where a group of 40/50 middle aged knuckledgrggers were having a whale of a time blasting out punk and drinking Carling.

I had to get the Overground today and it was loaded with groups on their way out, felt like a bank holiday.

East and West were bad.

I dread to think what the weekend will be like.

I assume the real issue here was they were drinking Carling. 

13 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Oxford/AZ have got a huge PR problem. They’re the only ones selling vaccines at cost price, yeah?

Yeah, I think they're just a couple of quid each and the others are like double and triple that price. J&J though is probably the best value as you also need only to roll it out once. 

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n281

12 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

They make a different flu vaccine every year for the same reason. This isn't unexpected or some big deal. 

The health people here were talking everyone would need a new jab about every 3-4 years and not annually like the flu, although they expected the vaccine itself maybe updated more than that. Also we don't give the flu vaccine for everyone. Finally they believe (at least at this point) that covid is more transmissible than flu, so if this current set of jabs will only provide a year's worth of protection, I think it's probably quite a big deal. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The health people here were talking everyone would need a new jab about every 3-4 years and not annually like the flu, although they expected the vaccine itself maybe updated more than that. Also we don't give the flu vaccine for everyone. Finally they believe (at least at this point) that covid is more transmissible than flu, so if this current set of jabs will only provide a year's worth of protection, I think it's probably quite a big deal. 

No one knows how fast it will continue mutating. It's all random. The point is, it's not uncommon or unexpected that they'd have to update a vaccine on a yearly or so basis. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

No one knows how fast it will continue mutating. It's all random. The point is, it's not uncommon or unexpected that they'd have to update a vaccine on a yearly or so basis. 

for sure i think they expect to have to change the vaccine. what i am pretty sure of (the UK anyway), is we had no plans to vaccinate everyone every year - which i think is the point of that previous post. if we end up down that path, it's going to be a fucking nightmare. although i was listening to a podcast recently where the researchers behind the AZ vaccine said they were working on being able to deliver it in tablet form - which would obviously be fucking brilliant if they could. 

14 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'd take Vladimir Putin's schlong if it meant I didn't have to wear a muzzle ever again.

2.8 million dead (about half of a holocaust) and you can't be bothered to wear something which might help. What a terrible inconvenience for you it must be, having to wear this horribly restrictive garment. For ten cunting minutes.  I'm surprised you make it out of the shop alive, brave little soldier. There there, mummy will give you a menthol when you get home to help you restore your breath.  

I seriously hate you, you gigantic fucking twat.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Anyone on Team Pfizer experience anything more than a slightly sore arm?

Yep, 3 days later was a lost day, couldn't keep my head up, couldn't focus on anything, didn't eat or drink a thing. 

Went to bed early and slept for 12 hours something I hadn't done since my teens.

Got up and was right as rain.

Hardly any reaction to the 2nd jab which I had on Friday. 

Just now, TK421 said:

2.8 million dead (about half of a holocaust) and you can't be bothered to wear something which might help. What a terrible inconvenience for you it must be, having to wear this horribly restrictive garment. For ten cunting minutes.  I'm surprised you make it out of the shop alive, brave little soldier. There there, mummy will give you a menthol when you get home to help you restore your breath.  

I seriously hate you, you gigantic fucking twat.

Well, you are a hateful little man, as evidenced by your crass comparison between old people dead from natural causes and the industrial murder of ethnic minorities, so that's not surprising.

I wear a mask when required by law to do so, so it's not a case of not being bothered to wear one.

Nevertheless, I don't like wearing a mask, so I will do whatever I can to speed things back to normal.

You seem to be abusing me simply because I don't like wearing a mask, which is frankly weird. But then you are, frankly, weird.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Well, you are a hateful little man, as evidenced by your crass comparison between old people dead from natural causes and the industrial murder of ethnic minorities, so that's not surprising.

I wear a mask when required by law to do so, so it's not a case of not being bothered to wear one.

Nevertheless, I don't like wearing a mask, so I will do whatever I can to speed things back to normal.

You seem to be abusing me simply because I don't like wearing a mask, which is frankly weird. But then you are, frankly, weird.

Thanks for your kind reply, it's always interesting to get a different perspective even if we don't agree.

Blow it out of your fucking arse, dickhead.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Haha apparently the second on is Hyde Park in Leeds. It just shows two things that up and down the country not only do we have selfish ignorant cunts but selfish ignorant littering scruffy cunts. 

I work over the road from there, it has been packed everytime there has been a bit of sunshine.

Apparently the excuse for leaving the litter was because the police evacuated it at 8pm as 8 men in balaclavas turned up to attack a bloke with a machete.

Not sure what the excuse is the rest of the time

Just now, Colt Seavers said:

I work over the road from there, it has been packed everytime there has been a bit of sunshine.

Apparently the excuse for leaving the litter was because the police evacuated it at 8pm as 8 men in balaclavas turned up to attack a bloke with a machete.

Bastards. 

Fucking hell just gone to check what I need to take for my first jab later and its tomorrow night not today. Good job I checked. 

5 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Say what you will about violent criminals, but at least they abide by laws on face coverings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Say what you will about violent criminals, but at least they abide by laws on face coverings.

While violating a number of others. 

33 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

That's season 2 of The Detectives sorted. Belting.

• Upvote 1

More on the vaccines discussion and UK's potential vulnerability. 

"Professor Hill, director of Oxford’s Jenner Institute where his colleague Professor Sarah Gilbert led the search for the AstraZeneca jab, told i that vaccine development was being held back because “the UK is very weak on manufacturing vaccines”.

“The real problem in the UK is we don’t have much industry doing vaccines,” he said.

Although the British pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline is the world’s largest vaccine company by revenue, “none of that stuff is done in the UK,” he said. “It’s done in Belgium, where they are headquartered for vaccines, the US and Italy, so that is terrible, it really is."

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/uk-capacity-manufacturing-vaccines-says-oxford-university-vaccine-expert-936621