You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Just now, YorkshireRed said:

Yes, this would have been a good few years ago. I remember lying down in a street and thinking loads of headless people were throwing rocks at me. It was actually my friends throwing coins.

Had them a few years later at a carnival in Eindhoven. Decided then they probably weren’t for me. 

Need to be with the right people at the right time in the right place. Out in the woods and a quiet beach are much better than a city centre full of drunkards. 

Having said that I have a Scottish mate who thinks nothing of doing a load of acid then going down the pub by himself. 

Just now, cloggypop said:

Need to be with the right people at the right time in the right place. Out in the woods and a quiet beach are much better than a city centre full of drunkards. 

Having said that I have a Scottish mate who thinks nothing of doing a load of acid then going down the pub by himself. 

Never done them in sensible circumstances, story of my life. I reckon I’d quite enjoy them. Bad experiences put me off though. Not sure Is do them again. 

3 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

You get a few blokes like that. I knew a bloke that would take any pill he saw/was given, not just the 'fun' drugs but anything from unprescribed (Well for him) blood pressure medications to anti-depressants, he'd even pick random tablets up off the floor in the street if he ever came across any and take them. Unsurprisingly he died in his 40's.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

You get a few blokes like that. I knew a bloke that would take any pill he saw/was given, not just the 'fun' drugs but anything from unprescribed (Well for him) blood pressure medications to anti-depressants, he'd even pick random tablets up off the floor in the street if he ever came across any and take them. Unsurprisingly he died in his 40's.

I guess there were other things going on beneath that at least contributed to that behaviour. Maybe he knew that, more likely he never got the chance to understand what was going on for him. RIP that bloke. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Elite said:

Mate of mine, sound fella but was a complete nutter for that in his 20's. Was living in Germany for a year with my brother and mates and some acid was doing the rounds on a night out and he took his and then a few minutes got his hands on 4 more tabs and downed them in one go, despite the lads best efforts to stop him.  Spent 2 days after that sat on the loo in the dark with a towel over his face. 

Another time he called up to my gaff and necked 4 bottles of red wine down in about an hour and a half, then started picking a fight with me when I wouldn't give him his car keys. Me and my mate had to physically carry him to the bedroom and throw him into bed where he passed out.

One more time we were at a festival and we all had done some pills, he stuck to weed and then we lost him. We found him at the end of the night in an alley with some homeless lads face down in his own vomit. 

A couple of years later and he'd gone completely off the rails and was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. We were all too young and unaware at the time to see that it was probably lurking there in the background the whole time, poor lad. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

More importantly, when are we going to begin a serious chat about this lab-made viral chimaera? 

Just look at the mutations, the aggressive and rapid mutations occuring.  This doesn't stop until someone admits this isn't natural, and resets the discussion on how to deal with that.  

This won't happen unless the Tories start to plummet in the polls.

On 18/03/2021 at 18:12, SasaS said:

It will be interesting to see reactions in Europe now. Norway apparently saying it will not be vaccinating, Slovenia's President and PM will take one AZ jab for the team each tomorrow. Or at least, that's what the label will say.

From a country that eats rotting fish that's a bit rich.

5 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Schools are safe, they said. Numbers won't go up just because schools are open, they said.

Like you say, hopefully the work being done with vaccines will see only the positive cases increase and not hospitalisations and deaths.

To be fair, this time.i think that acknowledged they would push up infections. It's why there's stuff opening on Monday. They said the virus would suppress hospitalisations despite increases when schools opened. And then once schools closed for Easter, they'd let us do other things, which is why the rule of 6 is back on Monday. The real big next step on the 12th when the kids are back and pubs are open outdoors seems a massive risk in that context - especially as the jabs will now need to concentrate on the 2nd jabs and less and less 1st jabs will be done. 

7 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

More importantly, when are we going to begin a serious chat about this lab-made viral chimaera? 

Just look at the mutations, the aggressive and rapid mutations occuring.  This doesn't stop until someone admits this isn't natural, and resets the discussion on how to deal with that.  

Looks like somebody wants to get the ball rolling;

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-26/former-cdc-chief-says-he-thinks-coronavirus-came-from-wuhan-lab?utm_content=business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business

Johnson is such a prick - 

“The general view is people have had quite a few days off, and it wouldn’t be a bad thing for people to see their way round to making a passing stab at getting back into the office,” he said.

Personally I've probably put in more work and hours working from home (plus throw in looking after the kids or taking/picking up kids from school and different hours than normal). Typical Tory old boy view though - the plebs are lazy and workshy and taking the piss, when it's usually the other way around.

It's a shame the virus didn't do more damage to him. 

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

“The general view is people have had quite a few days off, and it wouldn’t be a bad thing for people to see their way round to making a passing stab at getting back into the office,” he said.

Personally I've probably put in more work and hours working from home (plus throw in looking after the kids or taking/picking up kids from school and different hours than normal). Typical Tory old boy view though - the plebs are lazy and workshy and taking the piss, when it's usually the other way around.

There's the tone, and then there's the reality of 5000 cases a day still. It's a shit idea.

• Upvote 1

Zoe changed their way to track numbers locally as case numbers went down to smooth out those big variations that could be seen when the virus was suppressed - they're using some form of 14 day rolling average now. Despite this, the numbers have gone up by a third in the last week. I've not seen the same numbers in the Liverpool city council daily report, but then that is normally about a week behind Zoe. It seems too much of a coincidence to think it's not linked to the school returns. 

Screenshot_20210328-114108.jpg

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Zoe changed their way to track numbers locally as case numbers went down to smooth out those big variations that could be seen when the virus was suppressed - they're using some form of 14 day rolling average now. Despite this, the numbers have gone up by a third in the last week. I've not seen the same numbers in the Liverpool city council daily report, but then that is normally about a week behind Zoe. It seems too much of a coincidence to think it's not linked to the school returns. 

Screenshot_20210328-114108.jpg

I think it's ok, and much the same happened in Israel and then the reduction kicked back in.  

That it to say, I think we all expected a rise in cases and it's now been almost 21 days since the schools fully opened, and it's fair to say that the reduction in cases has stalled somewhat as a result of that, we seemed to see significant drops in cases each week since early Jan, but now we're stuck on around 5,000. 

Schools are testing like mad, and all cases are being caught.  I take some comfort in that being a key reason for the national stall. 

20 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

And only a 56% percent success rate when not.

Pointless in this scenario and seen as a panacea for the politically motivated school/pub/theatre/work place reopenings when it’s anything but.

56% of the time, it works every time.

29 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I think it's ok, and much the same happened in Israel and then the reduction kicked back in.  

That it to say, I think we all expected a rise in cases and it's now been almost 21 days since the schools fully opened, and it's fair to say that the reduction in cases has stalled somewhat as a result of that, we seemed to see significant drops in cases each week since early Jan, but now we're stuck on around 5,000. 

Schools are testing like mad, and all cases are being caught.  I take some comfort in that being a key reason for the national stall. 

I think my worry is this app has usually picked up a trend before the official stats by around a week, so you're seeing flat, but perhaps by this time next week it's a 30% rise. If that's the case, we know what can happen from there. 1st doses of the vaccine are going to stall at this point, so while the hospitals may cope very well if that does happen because of who has been vaccined, who knows what mutations could happen. 

11 hours ago, johnsusername said:

And so it starts.
Our bloody infallible prime minister "The general view is people have had quite a few days off, and it wouldn’t be a bad thing for people to see their way round to making a passing stab at getting back into the office,”
My blood is literally boiling. In governments opinion, and therefore the new media rhetoric in waiting, us feckless plebs who have worked from home as mandated are workshy and most likely taking the piss.
Personally speaking I have never worked more hours, been more stressed or been less capable of switching off than when working from home.
Boris Johnson you are a despicable stain on humanity and perpetual misery would be too good for you.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, SilverSong said:

And so it starts.
Our bloody infallible prime minister "The general view is people have had quite a few days off, and it wouldn’t be a bad thing for people to see their way round to making a passing stab at getting back into the office,”
My blood is literally boiling. In governments opinion, and therefore the new media rhetoric in waiting, us feckless plebs who have worked from home as mandated are workshy and most likely taking the piss.
Personally speaking I have never worked more hours, been more stressed or been less capable of switching off than when working from home.
Boris Johnson you are a despicable stain on humanity and perpetual misery would be too good for you.

I think there are plenty of people who are on furlough in office type jobs (I know a fair number) and they are litterally off. Obviously the same is true for many people in all of the industries that have been shutdown. I don't want to be defending Johnson, but there's more to the state of the nation then office workers who are WFH. Clearly the next big step in all this is getting people off furlough, back to work and seeing what the fuck happens in the economy. I was speaking to someone on Friday who's had nearly half his workforce on furlough since this all started (he's in an office based industry). He said he can basically afford to keep people going till the end of the summer once they're off furlough and if there's not a big up tick in business, they'll all be laid off.  This is the time bomb awaiting the country. 

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think there are plenty of people who are on furlough in office type jobs (I know a fair number) and they are litterally off. Obviously the same is true for many people in all of the industries that have been shutdown. I don't want to be defending Johnson, but there's more to the state of the nation then office workers who are WFH. Clearly the next big step in all this is getting people off furlough, back to work and seeing what the fuck happens in the economy. I was speaking to someone on Friday who's had nearly half his workforce on furlough since this all started (he's in an office based industry). He said he can basically afford to keep people going till the end of the summer once they're off furlough and if there's not a big up tick in business, they'll all be laid off.  This is the time bomb awaiting the country. 

That's all perfectly reasonable, but why send schools back before getting business back up and running if it's so important? 

That's not a question for you BTW, it's a question for the chase the bright light like a pussy cat policy makers. 

17 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Not disagreeing with anything you’ve said but Johnson is clearly referring to people wfh as having days off imo and not people on furlough or he wouldn’t have said get back to the office as most furloughed people can’t return to work yet. 

I’d be surprised if even 10% of people on furlough work in offices as they are allowed to stay open (as long as they are Covid safe) and lots of office based jobs are being done at home. 

The vast majority of people on furlough will be people who work in the sectors forced to shut like non essential retail, hospitality and hairdressers/beauty salons and the like. 

You don’t have to be a genius to work out he’s implying people working from home have been skiving and having ‘days off’, especially in conjunction with Sunak saying the other day that employees might quit their jobs if they have to work from home and not in the office. It’s just what they did all last summer starting again. 

20 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Not disagreeing with anything you’ve said but Johnson is clearly referring to people wfh as having days off imo and not people on furlough or he wouldn’t have said get back to the office as most furloughed people can’t return to work yet. 

I’d be surprised if even 10% of people on furlough work in offices as they are allowed to stay open (as long as they are Covid safe) and lots of office based jobs are being done at home. 

The vast majority of people on furlough will be people who work in the sectors forced to shut like non essential retail, hospitality and hairdressers/beauty salons and the like. 

You don’t have to be a genius to work out he’s implying people working from home have been skiving and having ‘days off’, especially in conjunction with Sunak saying the other day that employees might quit their jobs if they have to work from home and not in the office. It’s just what they did all last summer starting again. 

This is who we’re dealing with...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britannia_Unchained

These cunts calling ‘us’ scum, beggars belief.

• Upvote 3