You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

I am not surprised by Cummings appearing now, having had 3 months to sort his emails out, and asking for an enquiry.  

I understand Hodges' point, I think there is a saturation point for Covid talk, and the country needs a period of normality and focus on business, not for the government to be focused on the enquiry.  

That said, there should be an enquiry of some sorts, it's just really messy. 

The real enquiry will happen in a decade, under a Labour government.  

2 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Don't get your hopes up of us unlocking anything anytime soon with the government wanting to extend the covid bill for another 6 months.

tenor.gif

On 20/03/2021 at 19:59, scudger99 said:

I had the shivering shit last night, at times just couldn't get warm.  Then today with the hot flushes.  I was looking forward to a few cans tonight, but even the thought of consuming booze makes me feel queasy,

Same here- I reckon this weekend batch was left out the fridge too long.

Had mine Saturday and had the whole shivering sweating my nuts off malarky  

15 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Don't get your hopes up of us unlocking anything anytime soon with the government wanting to extend the covid bill for another 6 months. 

This government is a joke. From the 1st April people who are clinically extremely vulnerable are no longer required to shield, even though many of them will not have had their second dose of the vaccine.

The sensible thing to do would be to say the clinically extremely vulnerable need to continue to shield for, say, a further six weeks, whilst the government continues to monitor the impact of the vaccine and how the relaxation of restrictions affects infections.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

This government is a joke. From the 1st April people who are clinically extremely vulnerable are no longer required to shield, even though many of them will not have had their second dose of the vaccine.

The sensible thing to do would be to say the clinically extremely vulnerable need to continue to shield for, say, a further six weeks, whilst the government continues to monitor the impact of the vaccine and how the relaxation of restrictions affects infections.

I come under that category and I'll keep on shielding until a month after I've had my 2nd jab.

I've been stuck in for a year now so another few weeks to be on the safe side is what I'll be doing.

It's been really hard but necessary if I want any semblance of normality.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I come under that category and I'll keep on shielding until a month after I've had my 2nd jab.

I've been stuck in for a year now so another few weeks to be on the safe side is what I'll be doing.

It's been really hard but necessary if I want any semblance of normality.

Repped. The problem is, not everyone will be in a position to do so.

27 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

This Government and the sensible thing to do aren't phrases that are used very often.

6 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Oh here we go. Another excuse for the tories to try and keep restrictions in place. 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-boris-johnson-warns-europes-third-wave-will-hit-uk-but-is-reassured-eu-doesnt-want-jabs-blockade-12253582.

So much for "Looking at the data" 

Eh? I’m worried that once again they may be relaxing restrictions too soon!

19 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Oh here we go. Another excuse for the tories to try and keep restrictions in place. 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-boris-johnson-warns-europes-third-wave-will-hit-uk-but-is-reassured-eu-doesnt-want-jabs-blockade-12253582.

So much for "Looking at the data" 

It will certainly 'wash up on our shores' if we allow everyone to fuck off for 2 weeks all over the continent on holidays in the summer.

We are better placed than rest of europe to keep it out being an island, close borders - except for what has to pass and get life sorted and back to normal here.

• Upvote 3

If there's a way to fuck this up from here, you can pretty much guarantee they'll find it. The hot money, as several have alluded to, is that they allow foreign travel, vaccine nationalism allows the virus to carry on running rampant in various countries, mutations are brought back which the current vaccines are ineffective against, and we go back to square 1.

I'm sure Johnson's choice of language regarding a potential third wave in Europe "wash up on our shores" is no accident.  He's disgusting, as is our compliant media.  Nothing like stoking up further resentment and suspicion towards the trading block you've just left to (so far) disastrous effect.  Weeks of the media trumpeting about potential targeted lockdowns in Europe, like they're having a worse time than us, while this whole fucking country is in lockdown.  

Simple fact appears to be that it's a case of us being a few weeks ahead on the vaccine. Look at our stats at the end of January, shocking, the worst. 

Having said that, Europe does need to get a handle on this vaccine business if they are having as much trouble with it as reported, although reports in this country are not to be trusted.

• Upvote 3