You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, KMD7 said:

Good sruff mate. You doing ok after it so far?

No problems whatsoever so far , thanks , keep waiting for something to happen. No doubt when the drama queen gets her jab next Sunday the house will be like a Crimean field hospital for a week.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

The non-prioritisation of teachers is just absolutely ridiculous, petty and vindictive- par for the course for these arseholes.

I had my AZ shot yesterday, the patriotic People's Vaccine, not that elitist foreign muck. The nurse who gave it me was fit as fuck, I got ushered into the booth with her standing there and thought I'd accidentally gone into some lap dance club or something. I was halfway to my wallet to slap a couple of twenties down before I checked myself.

No reaction so far, I thought I was going to have a dead arm, but even that's gone away.

Pubishment for the unions looking out for their member's health last year. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Pubishment for the unions looking out for their member's health last year. 

Yep, my sister's a teacher and says the same. It's a really sinister government at the moment, horrible, gaslighting cunts.

• Upvote 1

It doesn’t help either that a large portion of the population are also absolute fucking headcases about it. Same with America and look at their death rate. Thousands of bikers in Daytona yesterday without masks waving pro trump flags. And they wonder why over half a million of them are toast 

On 11/03/2021 at 17:45, Strontium Dog™ said:

I hope the forum police who get in a tizzy about words like spaz and mong are similarly outraged about other words in our language, like moron, cretin, idiot and imbecile, that were formerly used to refer to the mentally challenged. I'd hate for them to be accused of hypocrisy.

Yep. You won’t find me using any of those words either 

• Upvote 1

On 11/03/2021 at 18:15, Bobby Hundreds said:

Moron, idiot and imbecile are just other words for stupid which can apply to anybody based upon their actions or what they say, all people are capable of moronic, idiotic moments we are all capable of looking like imbeciles, i just don't think they are specific in insulting anyone other than the person they are aimed at, moronic, idiotic, imbecilic. Spaz and mong are pretty much words specifically derived from disability used to insult. Fuck knows, language is a subtle minefield full of nuclear fucking bombs these days.  I wouldn't use the word spaz but I would use the word mong obviously to somebody who is not arsed. But then I'm a retard and a cunt.

Why would you use the M word? 
And why is it any better than the word I picked Spy Bee up on?

It’s just not language I ever hear anyone in my friends/family group using

Got the jab. Was advised of possible side effects and to not worry the will pass in 48 hours and to drink lots of water and have paracetamol on hand. 

Have to wait 12 weeks for the next AZ jab. Is it the same wait in the UK?

IMG-20210313-WA0009.jpeg

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

Got the jab. Was advised of possible side effects and to not worry the will pass in 48 hours and to drink lots of water and have paracetamol on hand. 

Have to wait 12 weeks for the next AZ jab. Is it the same wait in the UK?

IMG-20210313-WA0009.jpeg

Yeah pretty much. 

I've been pretty groggy since my jab, but it was bad timing as I just came down with a cold the day before.  I think the side-effects for me were mainly feeling knackered and a bit of a sore head, but overall was fine. 

3 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Yeah pretty much. 

I've been pretty groggy since my jab, but it was bad timing as I just came down with a cold the day before.  I think the side-effects for me were mainly feeling knackered and a bit of a sore head, but overall was fine. 

Cheers Brother, glad you're doing ok. 

32 minutes ago, Champ said:

Why would you use the M word? 
And why is it any better than the word I picked Spy Bee up on?

It’s just not language I ever hear anyone in my friends/family group using

It isn't I havent got an answer for you. Honestly it's not like I use it but me and my close group of mates have called each other mongs for whatever reason. No thought goes into it. If someone pulled me up on it I'd be embarrassed and apologise. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Cheers Brother, glad you're doing ok. 

You're a sweet, sweet man. 

Side-effects usually feeling chilly, or running a temp, all abates within 24-36 hours, a couple of my mates have been like that, both in their 40's.  I think the younger you are the stronger your immune system response. 

Jab is akin to knocking on the wall of your immune system.  It will knock back, sometimes hard,  sometimes light.  All good.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It isn't I havent got an answer for you. Honestly it's not like I use it but me and my close group of mates have called each other mongs for whatever reason. No thought goes into it. If someone pulled me up on it I'd be embarrassed and apologise. 

Gawd, I feel like your teacher now. I’m sorry.

It’s just something I’ve never done 

• Upvote 1

On 11/03/2021 at 19:27, Strontium Dog™ said:

But that's the point. Words like imbecile and moron and cretin are also insults derived from disability. The difference is that they've been used as generic insults for such a long time that they're not normally associated with their original meanings any more. Because language evolves.

I don't know about that, imbecile, moron and idiot are all archaic terms that mainly (to my knowledge) relate to mental impairment. They're totally archaic and left behind by the great progress made in understanding and classifying learning disabilities and co-morbidities. 

You're totally right with Cretin, and it's quite close to Mong in referring to a specific condition which can have both physical and cognitive traits. Congenital iodine deficiency syndrome is largely a product of nutrition during pregnancy and much less common than it once was, especially in the first world, so it's seen as a more archaic concept and the insult has become less connected to the condition. Mong, however, refers to a still relatively common condition which is the result of genetic variation and, furthermore, is tied up with maintaining long-disproven institutional racism (although I think it still has a clinical code, which is weird). It also had a pretty recent resurgence following the tragic thalidomide scandal, thankfully we haven't mentioned other terms that came from that.

Spaz is a particularly strange one as spasticity is largely a physical trait (albeit caused by neurological damage) that's associated with some pretty difficult, degenerative conditions, but is just as likely to be associated with stroke as anything else. Someone suffering with muscle shortening resulting from overactive muscles may have no other mental impairment whatsoever and are probably going through the hardest fight in their life to rehabilitate their functional ability.

People can say what they want, and it's mainly schoolyard ignorance, I've used them all at various points, but will generally be more comfortable with sticking to archaic ones that more highlight the historic ignorance of medical science than existing, innocent parties who just don't deserve to be made to feel like less of a person, or even defined purely by their conditions.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The new delayed first wave.

Shops, restaurants and schools will be closed across most of Italy on Monday, with PM Mario Draghi warning of a "new delayed first wave" of the coronavirus outbreak.

I've corrected that for you and Mario mate. 

37 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I've corrected that for you and Mario mate. 

I guess we'll find out if the vaccine has worked in the UK, I would imagine in Italy they're still behind in rolling it out.