You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

32 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I wasn't going to take a vaccine that had been developed so much more quickly than any virus before. I read more about it, I saw the results, I saw that 18 million people had taken it with only minimal side effects, I got sick of not being able to live a life. I changed my mind. 

So here's people problem with you. Your pattern is:

1) Spout shite, loudly and repeatedly

2) Eventually come around on some points other people have been telling you for ages, when you don't have much of a choice left

3) Act as if this is somehow a scientific approach despite spouting pseudo science for a year

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Champ said:

Is anyone else starting to dread the invitations from people you haven’t actually missed seeing in a year?

I’m trying to decide whether I just continue to make my excuses or whether I might actually just be honest and acknowledge that it’s not really that much fun any more

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/westminster-news/matt-hancock-ppe-contract-with-chinese-firm-7814038

Oh my...

This one is special

'Matt Hancock's department has signed off on two Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) deals worth more than £90million with a state-backed Chinese firm listed at a hotel room in Beijing, new documents show.

The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) struck two lucrative contracts during the first coronavirus wave with Beijing Union Glory Investment Co Ltd, whose address is listed as Room 9401A, Guobin Hotel, No9 Fuwai Street, Xicheng District, the Metro reports.

The largest amount was £69.9million, paid for surgical theatre gowns in a contract signed in May 2020. Under the terms, 70% of the contracts were to be paid by transfer through China Everbright Bank within three working days of the deal being struck.

A second contract for gowns worth £26.4million was signed in April with similar down-payment terms, except this time a payment had to be made within two working days. This purchase was made for the British Embassy in Beijing on behalf of the UK government.

The Metro said the closest hotel was the opulent Presidential Beijing, also known as the Guobin, which lies in the business district, although the postcode is a few digits different. The grand hotel has 486 bedrooms, including the Royal, Presidential and State suites, which offer a 24-hour butler service, and three executive floors which boast "bespoke facilities, business tools and complementary services".

10 minutes ago, Champ said:

I’m trying to decide whether I just continue to make my excuses or whether I might actually just be honest and acknowledge that it’s not really that much fun any more

Probably best not to burn bridges just yet. As tempting as it might be 

53 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

So here's people problem with you. Your pattern is:

1) Spout shite, loudly and repeatedly

2) Eventually come around on some points other people have been telling you for ages, when you don't have much of a choice left

3) Act as if this is somehow a scientific approach despite spouting pseudo science for a year

Nah, that's bollocks. I can't make a point in here without a loads of spastics jumping on me. I post low death rates, I get jumped on. I post good vaccine results, I get jumped on. 

I'm totally allowed to change my mind based on the information that I have available at the time. A lot of people were apprehensive about having a vaccine developed so rapidly. A lot of people have come round to the idea. There is nothing 'scientific' about changing your mind, but there is nothing dogmatic about it either. It shows that you actually have the power to process information and think. I'd rather be like that than just sitting there typing "Lockdowns work" in as many different arrangements as possible.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Nah, that's bollocks. I can't make a point in here without a loads of spastics jumping on me. I post low death rates, I get jumped on. I post good vaccine results, I get jumped on. 

I'm totally allowed to change my mind based on the information that I have available at the time. A lot of people were apprehensive about having a vaccine developed so rapidly. A lot of people have come round to the idea. There is nothing 'scientific' about changing your mind, but there is nothing dogmatic about it either. It shows that you actually have the power to process information and think. I'd rather be like that than just sitting there typing "Lockdowns work" in as many different arrangements as possible.

Jesus fucking christ Spy Bee 

• Upvote 1

Have to agree with SpyBee on this one. As unpleasant a word as it can be at face value, its popped into my head pretty consistently while reading his posts.

I called SpyBee "mental" which I'm sure will be unacceptable in a few years as mental heath awareness grow.

Edit: For what is worth SpyBee, I think your posts on this thread have been shit. Really shit. But outside of that I have no issue with you so I'll try and play the ball and not the man. You friggin loon.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

As a spastic, I’d just like to point out that I’m not offended. 

But... there are people on here with other conditions that have asked me nicely via PM not to use ‘spazzy’ as an insult. 

Whatever happened to that cunt who said we couldn’t say cunt? 

6 hours ago, Brownie said:

Seen Chris Witty before saying that as things are opened up there will definitely be a “surge” in cases.

I was just watching C4 news. They're talking about how it's running wild in all the major Brazilian cities right now (with Sao Paulo at a pleasant virus busting 27C). But the big concern is people who had the disease previously are now getting ill with this new strain they've got. They're still claiming Pfizer protects against it, but it's seriously worrying for us opening up if antibodies don't protect against this new strain. 

Meanwhile, " Johnson & Johnson has told the European Union it is facing supply issues that may complicate plans to deliver 55 million doses of its COVID-19 vaccine to the bloc in the second quarter of the year, an EU official told Reuters."

"EU countries raised questions earlier in the year about J&J’s production network and contract with the EU, which would require it to send vaccines made at its Dutch factory to the United States for bottling before being shipped back to the EU."

I don't get it any more. They had a year to organize bottling the vaccine in Netherlands. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-eu-johnson-johnson/exclusive-jj-under-stress-to-meet-eu-second-quarter-vaccine-supply-goal-source-idUSKBN2B11KY

#sackchriswhitty is trending on twitter because has has pointed out the blatantly obvious that the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting Covid. This is the level of stupid thick cunts we are dealing with in this country. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Meanwhile, " Johnson & Johnson has told the European Union it is facing supply issues that may complicate plans to deliver 55 million doses of its COVID-19 vaccine to the bloc in the second quarter of the year, an EU official told Reuters."

"EU countries raised questions earlier in the year about J&J’s production network and contract with the EU, which would require it to send vaccines made at its Dutch factory to the United States for bottling before being shipped back to the EU."

I don't get it any more. They had a year to organize bottling the vaccine in Netherlands. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-eu-johnson-johnson/exclusive-jj-under-stress-to-meet-eu-second-quarter-vaccine-supply-goal-source-idUSKBN2B11KY

And under emergency powers, couldn't the Americans keep the vaccine in the US for themselves?