You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

14 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Don’t let that stop you, no one else has.  You could be in the radio or telly challenging people who’ve worked in the field all their careers. 

Next time I’m ill I’m definitely going to go to an expert in a different condition.  Or if I get arrested I’m going to employ an IP lawyer rather than a criminal lawyer.  

Screenshot_20210304-223341_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 03/03/2021 at 17:06, Strontium Dog™ said:

If cases are rising, it's not a proper lockdown. If they're falling, it is a proper lockdown. Essentially whatever it needs to be to support the broken argument that putting an entire country under house arrest is for your own good.

Hysterical fanny 

23 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

SARS was 3 times more contagious.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7382925/

You were asked, did you read that report or did you expect people not to read it after you posted it? 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

You were asked, did you read that report or did you expect people not to read it after you posted it? 

Don't talk to me like you're my school teacher. You're just some uppity prick on the internet who thinks that repeating himself makes him right.

The R0 of SARS was three. The R0 of Covid was over one. I may have been slightly less than precise with the comparison.

Why are we just focusing on SARS anyway. I have four examples of previous epidemics which did die out (one way or another) much more quickly than had been feared or expected. If the past is a prelude, previous epidemics in the decades before Covid (in the time of modern medicine and developed scientific understanding) had all met this fate.

Just now, Spy Bee said:

Don't talk to me like you're my school teacher. You're just some uppity prick on the internet who thinks that repeating himself makes him right.

The R0 of SARS was three. The R0 of Covid was over one. I may have been slightly less than precise with the comparison.

Why are we just focusing on SARS anyway. I have four examples of previous epidemics which did die out (one way or another) much more quickly than had been feared or expected. If the past is a prelude, previous epidemics in the decades before Covid (in the time of modern medicine and developed scientific understanding) had all met this fate.

The hypocrisy, fucking hells bells. 

Oh right so basically you are admitting that what you posted was wrong. You brought SARS into it didn't you? But now you don't want to talk about it. Keep calling me names though. 

12 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Yeah, you say that, but it's important to understand why those did die out. If the supposed "experts" who thought Covid would disappear into thin air couldn't figure out that there was big, noticeable difference between the characteristics of Covid and the characteristics of SARS, for example, then that's their fault. And you got duped by them, just admit it. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The hypocrisy, fucking hells bells. 

Oh right so basically you are admitting that what you posted was wrong. You brought SARS into it didn't you? But now you don't want to talk about it. Keep calling me names though. 

If you want to split hairs, what I said was not precise.

I mentioned several other pandemics, which you have conveniently ignored.

2 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

If you want to split hairs, what I said was not precise.

I mentioned several other pandemics, which you have conveniently ignored.

You are an uppity fart who resorts to name calling whenever someone pulls you up on your bullshit. I wouldn't mind but in amongst your shite you actually can speak a lot of sense but fuck me try questioning you and its straight in with the name calling. 

Hang on, you've literally just said why are we talking about SARS (a topic I'm sure you brought up anyway) and now you want to talk about 3 others, none of them are comparable to Covid either. 

Fucking hell. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

You are an uppity fart who resorts to name calling whenever someone pulls you up on your bullshit. I wouldn't mind but in amongst your shite you actually can speak a lot of sense but fuck me try questioning you and its straight in with the name calling. 

Hang on, you've literally just said why are we talking about SARS (a topic I'm sure you brought up anyway) and now you want to talk about 3 others, none of them are comparable to Covid either. 

Fucking hell. 

They are all pandemics.  I mentioned them all at the same time. I call names because you are deliberately obtuse. It's fucking frustrating.

4 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

They are all pandemics.  I mentioned them all at the same time. I call names because you are deliberately obtuse. It's fucking frustrating.

Obtuse? You get asked questions/challenged/proved wrong and you have one of two go to places, name calling or completely ignoring it. I understand it far better than you as is clearly evidence in this very thread. You haven't got a fucking scooby you just read a tagline and go with it without looking at the detail. None of us are experts at all, none of us have got a clue in reality but you paint yourself as some sort of Covid master who thinks it's ok to share dangerous untruths.

Obtuse? That just means you don't like being challenged. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Obtuse? You get asked questions/challenged/proved wrong and you have one of two go to places, name calling or completely ignoring it. I understand it far better than you as is clearly evidence in this very thread. You haven't got a fucking scooby you just read a tagline and go with it without looking at the detail. None of us are experts at all, none of us have got a clue in reality but you paint yourself as some sort of Covid master who thinks it's ok to share dangerous untruths.

Obtuse? That just means you don't like being challenged. 

No it doesn't. You're splitting hairs about a stat on SARS while ignoring the fact that all pandemics in recent years have effectively died out quickly.

I try and respond to any sensible question and I have admitted where I have been wrong. You recite dogma about lockdowns working, without ever getting into the nuanced detail of anything.

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

No it doesn't. You're splitting hairs about a stat on SARS while ignoring the fact that all pandemics in recent years have effectively died out quickly.

I try and respond to any sensible question and I have admitted where I have been wrong. You recite dogma about lockdowns working, without ever getting into the nuanced detail of anything.

Its pretty clear that lockdowns slow down the spread, the evidence is there from drops to spikes since day one. Only a complete fucking moron wouldn't get that. The SAGE experts are wrong suggesting lockdowns are they? You know more than them do you? 

Covid hasn't died out quickly has it though. Less than 800 deaths from SARS Spy Bee, Covid shits that out in an hour and has done since day 1 over a year ago.