You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Tactic? You called me a fucking retard. You apologised to Bjornebye saying it was out of character but in some kind of sorry statement to me you followed it up with another insult.

Like I said, going up to anyone and calling them a retard is bad bell behaviour that is certain to trigger a response and you know it. There's no wall that stops that jumping into the online world.

Yeah, that insult was not my proudest moment, a rare slip up on my part. You deserve every other non-slur insult out there, though. Not least because you told everybody your dad is sick for no reason. More weirdo behaviour. 

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Brownie said:

I don't agree to be honest. If pubs are open and have protocols in place then I don't think people are cunts for going.

It's a hugely sanitised experience now, one that's very hard to enjoy. 

Obviously a few pubs will resist and want to offer a 'normal' experience to their punters, but that will only work with small boozers with a handful of locals. 

I think ultimately pubs will return to something akin to normal this summer. There isn't enough enforcement resource to seriously expect anything else.  

Personally I'll still be swerving them until I've had the jab, unless there's a pub with a strong outdoor set-up. 

I really don't understand why they gave the 21st June date as a date to lift all restricitions. It has just made a lot of people think they don't need to carry on acting sensibly and doing what we have been and is if come 21st June Covid will not exist, I mean for fucks sake there is a petiton to make that date a bank holiday so we can all get together and have a knees up and a cuddle because it will be safe to do so from that day.

They could have quite easily done the roadmap without that date and just seen what happens 5 weeks after the pubs were opened; I mean there will be a lot of people who won't social distance like they would in the pub simply because they believe the government has told them Covid is on its arse and will be gone in 5 weeks so whats the difference. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s all the lap dancers I feel sorry for. 

I matched one on Tinder last summer and had some profound conversations with her about life, the universe and her double-ended dildo. Ended up arranging for her to do a Zoom stag night for a friend of a friend. I didn’t get a cut, I’m not Iceberg Slim. Only Fans must be doing a roaring trade from them all, she was setting one up last I spoke to her.

13 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

that's the immediate problem yes. 

but the more the virus circulates, the more opportunity there is for mutations and new variants. 

the more mutations and new variants, the more chance we end up with a vaccine resistant strain. 

so controlling things while understanding transmissibility seems to me to make perfect sense. i am not smart enough to know how they calculate that transmissibility as it depends on so many factors, including peoples behaviour. 

16 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Because they aren’t sure YET that it stops transmission.  They’ve proved it reduces the severity but that’s it so far.  

Fair enough, hadn't considered mutations, and its a good point.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

If someone is vaccinated, and loads of the population are as well, I don't see why they shouldn't go to the pub. And my point is, that's what we should be telling people to encourage them. 

There are 55 million adults and teenagers in the UK (15 and over) and 18 million have been vaccinated. That's still a deficit of 37 million people.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Champ said:

Would thoroughly recommend BBC’s Horizons last night for an exploration of the understanding of the virus and the development of the vaccines. Proper science

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000slmx

In this third Horizon special, Dr Chris Van Tulleken is joined by his brother Xand and Dr Guddi Singh to take us through the latest developments and answer current concerns.

That's an uninspiring line up. They'd get loads more viewers if it was narrated by Danny Baker, with reminiscences from Jonathon Ross, Claudia Winkleman and Andy Flintoff about last March's lockdown.

• Upvote 2