You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Just now, Brownie said:

That doesn't stop them from barring people for being overly aggressive, abusive etc. I think they have a duty to enforce things and from the little evidence I've seen of pubs over the last year, they do that here tbf.

Absolutely and that's always been the right of people who run pubs. Their license is dependent on how their clients behave. But there is a big difference between clients getting drunk and starting fights compared to getting drunk and mingling among other people in the pub.

Can you imagine sitting in a restaurant, eating your steak and chips when another person just comes up to your table with their steak and chips and starts talking to you?

When pubs opened up before, they were expected to be run like a restaurant. The experience you had was probably in line which would have been quite boring. The experience I and @Bjornebye described is a pub being run as a pub. Sure, it's a lot more exciting but it just shouldn't be happening yet.

1 minute ago, Brownie said:

Don't know West Derby very well. I moved away from home about 15 years ago and it's a lot quieter round here so that will come into it I suppose.

It's usually a really sound pub mate. Unfortunately some spoil it for others. 

29 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

So what you're saying is you can rip into people for what they post but they can't do the same to you? What makes you so special?

You've absolutely torn into me for what I posted and I'm reacting to the nonsense that you seem to be posting about justifying opening society up when you have no idea what is actually happening in the UK. You're in another country for crying out loud.

I won't be fucking off on your command as it's absolutely obvious that would just play into your delusions that 3 stacks is the big man and what he says, goes.

I'm more than happy to stop posting what you see as 'nonsense' on one condition. You fucking stop doing it too.

That's not even what I fucking said, you daft cunt. I said authorities should be telling people that taking the vaccine will allow them to live a normal life, instead of telling them they need to keep staying inside. This is in order to persuade the skeptics that there is a big incentive in getting vaccinated. 

This is why I don't want to talk to you. Just like my last comment you can't let go of which was, that it will be great when Covid deaths are irrelevant and a small seasonal or yearly reality instead of being a life-stopping danger to society, you were simply too stupid to understand it. This is why you're infuriating to me. And I know you're not smart enough for this to simply be you winding me up. It's that you legitimately have no reading comprehension, which is why I didn't want you talking to me in this thread. By all means keep talking your nonsense as long as it's not non-scientific hocus pocus like your Vitamin D theory, which made no sense whatsoever, but don't quote me. I don't want to talk to you. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

That's not even what I fucking said, you daft cunt. I said authorities should be telling people that taking the vaccine will allow them to live a normal life, instead of telling them they need to keep staying inside. This is in order to persuade the skeptics that there is a big incentive in getting vaccinated. 

This is why I don't want to talk to you. Just like my last comment you can't let go of which was, that it will be great when Covid deaths are irrelevant and a small seasonal or yearly reality instead of being a life-stopping danger to society, you were simply too stupid to understand it. This is why you're infuriating to me. And I know you're not smart enough for this to simply be you winding me up. It's that you legitimately have no reading comprehension, which is why I didn't want you talking to me in this thread. By all means keep talking your nonsense as long as it's not non-scientific hocus pocus like your Vitamin D theory, which made no sense whatsoever, but don't quote me. I don't want to talk to you. 

Then stop talking to me, I have no interest in continuing to argue with someone who has their mind made up and constantly uses derogatory terms to try and reinforce their own standards. And as for knowing whether I'm smart or not, you have no idea. The same as your disgusting comment about being a retard, as unfortunately my dad is bed bound as a result of multiple sclerosis which has completely stopped everything from working except one hand. If you'd said that to my face, you know very well that you'd get something coming to you, but because you're sitting behind a keyboard and screen you see no problem with it.

And you can justify your comments by adding context to them but I quoted your words as you wrote them, same as you quoted mine. 

Put me on ignore, same as I have now done with you. And your posts are nonsense. That is my opinion and you are not going to stop me writing about nonsense opinions. You dafter cunt.

14 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

But you know that a transmission doesn't occur in a couple of minutes. 

The one in Kent - where most of my family are - is extremely contagious. My mum and sister caught it from one of the carers who was in the house for about 30 minutes, fully PPE'd, deliberately staying well away from each other. I suspect it was a case of one person touching something and the other two then touching the same thing. That can happen in seconds.

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

The one in Kent - where most of my family are - is extremely contagious. My mum and sister caught it from one of the carers who was in the house for about 30 minutes, fully PPE'd, deliberately staying well away from each other. I suspect it was a case of one person touching something and the other two then touching the same thing. That can happen in seconds.

I think you know how I feel about this but.

6 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Then stop talking to me, I have no interest in continuing to argue with someone who has their mind made up and constantly uses derogatory terms to try and reinforce their own standards. And as for knowing whether I'm smart or not, you have no idea. The same as your disgusting comment about being a retard, as unfortunately my dad is bed bound as a result of multiple sclerosis which has completely stopped everything from working except one hand. If you'd said that to my face, you know very well that you'd get something coming to you, but because you're sitting behind a keyboard and screen you see no problem with it.

And you can justify your comments by adding context to them but I quoted your words as you wrote them, same as you quoted mine. 

Put me on ignore, same as I have now done with you. And your posts are nonsense. That is my opinion and you are not going to stop me writing about nonsense opinions. You dafter cunt.

I mean, I have no idea how many times I need to say this, but you quoted me first.

Secondly, your dad having MS is completely irrelevant to this. I didn't need to know that. And yeah, no one with any sense uses "retard" in real life. It's reserved for people like you who interact with me on the internet that I wouldn't get within 100 yards of in real life. 

I mean, I have no idea how many times I need to say this, but you quoted me first.

Secondly, your dad having MS is completely irrelevant to this. I didn't need to know that. And yeah, no one with any sense uses "retard" in real life. It's reserved for people like you who interact with me on the internet that I wouldn't get within 100 yards of in real life. 

Please stop responding. 

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think you know how I feel about this but.

I can't really comment too much as I wasn't in the house when it happened. All I know is four people in the same house ended up with Covid-19 and no-one can be sure who passed it on, with them all saying we kept away from each other.

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I can't really comment too much as I wasn't in the house when it happened. All I know is four people in the same house ended up with Covid-19 and no-one can be sure who passed it on, with them all saying we kept away from each other.

HyPJ.gif

Yeah, just before dropping in there that your dad is sick. Like, what kind of tactic is that. 

Tactic? You called me a fucking retard. You apologised to Bjornebye saying it was out of character but in some kind of sorry statement to me you followed it up with another insult.

Like I said, going up to anyone and calling them a retard is bad bell behaviour that is certain to trigger a response and you know it. There's no wall that stops that jumping into the online world.