You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Od 221 million vaccines administered in the world as of today, according to the NYT counter, about 44% have been administered in only four countries, Israel, USA, UAE and UK, with over 20% od their population vaccinated.

Shit joke on my behalf.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

But isn't severity the problem? The thing that separates it from "just a flu"?

that's the immediate problem yes. 

but the more the virus circulates, the more opportunity there is for mutations and new variants. 

the more mutations and new variants, the more chance we end up with a vaccine resistant strain. 

so controlling things while understanding transmissibility seems to me to make perfect sense. i am not smart enough to know how they calculate that transmissibility as it depends on so many factors, including peoples behaviour. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

but the more the virus circulates, the more opportunity there is for mutations and new variants. 

the more mutations and new variants, the more chance we end up with a vaccine resistant strain. 

so controlling things while understanding transmissibility seems to me to make perfect sense. i am not smart enough to know how they calculate that transmissibility as it depends on so many factors, including peoples behaviour. 

That's why I posted the CNN link on the previous page. Evidently, there's a particularly worrying strain emerging in the US.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

They'll likely have to modify the vaccines every year or so anyway.

32 minutes ago, suzy said:

I had no side effects from the Pfizer one(except sore arm) Mr Suzy had the Oxford one last week and he got a rash on both arms! Went after 24 hours though. Pleasantly surprised he got his (GP phoned him) as he’s 60 with no health conditions.

I know lots of people in their 60's that have had a jab now . I think some people have booked one online quite easily . 

42 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What are you struggling with here? 

My point is that those who will see the opening of the lockdown door as a reason to charge and acting like the virus has gone are not reasonable or logical, they are fucking stupid and no, no media outlet should be encouraging a free for all whatsoever 

But deaths should be seen as no more than a shrug of the shoulders. What's so hard to understand? Open the fucking gates! 

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

But deaths should be seen as no more than a shrug of the shoulders. What's so hard to understand? Open the fucking gates! 

The covidiots will be fuming that the old and vulnerable who should all have died in a herd are being given the vaccine. Seeing as they're less important than the rest or some warped shit. 

31 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I'll do what i've done so far; follow the regulations.

Me too, but with vigilance and caution. I think it's going to be a while before we can get too comfortable.

This virus is a bastard and I can't help feeling idiots are going to push the boundaries and open the door for it to spread again and then where do we go.

I said in a previous post that schools are opening and restrictions are being relaxed a month too soon and I see nothing that can change my opinion on that, but I also appreciate that we can't stay in lockdown forever.

I, like everybody else just want my life back and I'm just hoping that nothing or no-one jeopardizes that.

I'm not holding my breath though.

21 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

They'll likely have to modify the vaccines every year or so anyway.

And? They've said best efforts it would take 6 weeks if it is just a tweak that's required. But it might not be just a tweak, so if we end up in April with a mutation that is vaccine proof and absolutely rampant because it's being transmitted because our guard is down, what do we do then? We're effectively back to square 1 with the vaccination roll out and best efforts 6 weeks away from a new cure. We're talking about unknown unknowns, we don't know what a new mutation would look like, we don't know how infectious it would be to people already vaccinated. We don't know how devastating to people's health it would be. Surely the common sense approach is to suppress the virus to as low levels as possible while we're getting everyone vaccinated and we learn to understand transmissibility with vaccinated people. To put some perspective on how the virus is still circulating, the figures on the local news here earlier in the week said that cases per 100k are above those at Xmas and in many councils across the north west the infection rate is actually going up and not down. 

• Upvote 4

Feel free to explain the use of such offensive insults?

Sure. I'm legitimately mad that a halfwit such as yourself, who thought the flu and Covid was in the same family of virus, keeps twisting a point I made a month ago because you were too stupid to understand it. Is that clear?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Sure. I'm legitimately mad that a halfwit such as yourself, who thought the flu and Covid was in the same family of virus, keeps twisting a point I made a month ago because you were too stupid to understand it. Is that clear?

I've owned my mistake, you're still trying to justify your sense of superiority to persuade people that opening up before it's safe is in everyone's best interests.

And using the word retard on a forum when you've criticised someone else for using the term simp is absolute fucking gold. I couldn't care less what you call me but there are people who see the use of that word genuinely offensive. But that obviously doesn't bother someone who sees death as a shoulder shrug.

I'll keep referring to that because it's not twisted at all. They were your words, just like I've acknowledged mine.

Now would you please stop wasting people's time with arguing about opening before it's safe?

I've owned my mistake, you're still trying to justify your sense of superiority to persuade people that opening up before it's safe is in everyone's best interests.

And using the word retard on a forum when you've criticised someone else for using the term simp is absolute fucking gold. I couldn't care less what you call me but there are people who see the use of that word genuinely offensive. But that obviously doesn't bother someone who sees death as a shoulder shrug.

I'll keep referring to that because it's not twisted at all. They were your words, just like I've acknowledged mine.

Now would you please stop wasting people's time with arguing about opening before it's safe?

He reported me to Dave for calling him a nonce once. If I go more than a day on here without being called a nonce I break out in hot sweats. If someone called me a retard I'd be 10 x more pissed off. Still wouldn't grass though. 

Anyway all irrelevant. the fact remains that people are going to abuse the freedom from the off using zero common sense and will fuck the decent amongst us over, just like they have been since day one. Telling them a vaccine will mean they can go and bear hug strangers in the pub is not going to help anyones cause. 

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I'm mad because you simply can't read and you may be the dumbest person I've interacted with in my life. I shouldn't have said that, but I'm sorry, you are just something else. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He reported me to Dave for calling him a nonce once. If I go more than a day on here without being called a nonce I break out in hot sweats. If someone called me a retard I'd be 10 x more pissed off. Still wouldn't grass though. 

Anyway all irrelevant. the fact remains that people are going to abuse the freedom from the off using zero common sense and will fuck the decent amongst us over, just like they have been since day one. Telling them a vaccine will mean they can go and bear hug strangers in the pub is not going to help anyones cause. 

No listen, I get it. That was out of character for me. Shooter is just that much of a clown, I blew a gasket. 

24 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Me too, but with vigilance and caution. I think it's going to be a while before we can get too comfortable.

This virus is a bastard and I can't help feeling idiots are going to push the boundaries and open the door for it to spread again and then where do we go.

I said in a previous post that schools are opening and restrictions are being relaxed a month too soon and I see nothing that can change my opinion on that, but I also appreciate that we can't stay in lockdown forever.

I, like everybody else just want my life back and I'm just hoping that nothing or no-one jeopardizes that.

I'm not holding my breath though.

There's no doubt some people will be blasé about it. I do think we need to be careful not to criticise people for doing what is within the rules, though.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Noncetard