You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

9 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I think Vallance can say what he likes now, but this government aren't going to repeat this. Face masks are naturally going to become a winter staple for many on public transport for example, and that's a good thing.

The annual vaccine will be the solution, as will advancements in treatments, and building a few new hospitals.  

You can’t honestly believe the government are gonna build “a few new hospitals.” Especially after having to pay for the Furlough, wasting billions on failed PPE schemes, dishing out loads of jarg contracts to their friends and donors and to top it off, crashing out of the EU. 

19 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It is mad. A mate had it and he had a sore arm and nothing else. A few friends of my ma had it and were laid up in bed for a week as it wiped them out. My ma had the Pfizer one and was fine. 

I've just had a few Panadols and things are easing a bit. Apparently, side effects are a sign that it's working and stimulating an immune response? (although an absence of side effects doesn't mean that it hasn't worked) 

It's mad alright.

I had the Pfizer one 3 weeks ago tomorrow and it gave me a bit of a headache and made me a bit light headed and floaty for 2 or 3 hours and apart from a sore arm I was absolutely fine until the Saturday morning where I was wiped out and I mean wiped out for the day.

Couldn't lift my head, couldn't focus, confused, off my food, it was basically a lost day.

Ended up going to bed about 10:00 and never murmured until 8:00 which is very unlike me, but when I did wake up, apart from feeling a bit weak, I felt fine and have been fine ever since.

I've got a few underlying health conditions so maybe that's why I had that level of reaction but it won't stop me from having the 2nd dose.

Getting slightly annoyed at not being contacted about the vaccine. I know some people in my area who are young, have no underlying health conditions and aren’t key workers, yet they’ve been vaccinated. Meanwhile I’m in one of the priority groups and I’ve been going for drive-through blood tests every two or three weeks because the neurologists are worried that my medication has started to fuck up my blood cells, leaving me more susceptible to catching anything and I’ve still heard fuck all. 

That last sentence will surely be the longest one on the forum today, unless Dennis Tooth comes back. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

It's mad alright.

I had the Pfizer one 3 weeks ago tomorrow and it gave me a bit of a headache and made me a bit light headed and floaty for 2 or 3 hours and apart from a sore arm I was absolutely fine until the Saturday morning where I was wiped out and I mean wiped out for the day.

Couldn't lift my head, couldn't focus, confused, off my food, it was basically a lost day.

Ended up going to bed about 10:00 and never murmured until 8:00 which is very unlike me, but when I did wake up, apart from feeling a bit weak, I felt fine and have been fine ever since.

I've got a few underlying health conditions so maybe that's why I had that level of reaction but it won't stop me from having the 2nd dose.

My Mrs had her jab a couple of weeks ago and as soon as she read she may get a sore arm and feel sick for a few days then hey presto, instant symptoms. Obviously I offered zero sympathy and told her she might as well go straight to bed. I couldn’t be arsed listening to her and there was a good film on I wanted to watch. 

I got mine on Sunday and my arms still in pain this morning and I feel grim and my Mrs keeps asking if everythings ok with a smart arse smile on her face. 

There’s no way I can show weakness, so I’m gonna cause a minor argument and take myself to the spare bed for the day. 

Let her be the petty one. 

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Getting slightly annoyed at not being contacted about the vaccine. I know some people in my area who are young, have no underlying health conditions and aren’t key workers, yet they’ve been vaccinated. Meanwhile I’m in one of the priority groups and I’ve been going for drive-through blood tests every two or three weeks because the neurologists are worried that my medication has started to fuck up my blood cells, leaving me more susceptible to catching anything and I’ve still heard fuck all. 

That last sentence will surely be the longest one on the forum today, unless Dennis Tooth comes back. 

You need to develop some asthma like me and you’ll get yours early 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Red74 said:

My Mrs had her jab a couple of weeks ago and as soon as she read she may get a sore arm and feel sick for a few days then hey presto, instant symptoms. Obviously I offered zero sympathy and told her she might as well go straight to bed. I couldn’t be arsed listening to her and there was a good film on I wanted to watch. 

I got mine on Sunday and my arms still in pain this morning and I feel grim and my Mrs keeps asking if everythings ok with a smart arse smile on her face. 

There’s no way I can show weakness, so I’m gonna cause a minor argument and take myself to the spare bed for the day. 

Let her be the petty one. 

Sounds like a plan.

28 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You've obviously been blacklisted , and quite rightly , after upsetting our wonderful Health Secretary at the last election.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I would query that mate.

We know of people who are young with no underlying health conditions having the jab as well.

These people received a phone call from their practice inviting them to make an appointment. 

There's only one vaccine centre in our town with with about 5 different GP practices and it's almost as if it's a free for all with practices  sending their patients first.

It needs looking at because older or vulnerable people are being overtaken by those less at risk.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

What is? That schools are a breeding ground for the virus? I can speak from personal experience that a classroom becomes a virus hotspot the moment one person walks into the room with a other people inside.

Luckily two members of my family recovered from it. Tens of thousands of others didn't.

It's also interesting to note that the Government has decided this to open the schools first when last year they were opened last. Do you think that is because they know they are safe? Or do you think it's because they want to actually see the effects of opening them, knowing they have the Easter Break to analyse the data?

Actually I support the decision to open schools, not because they are safe but because they can actually make an informed decision on whether to keep them open or not based on whether they are safe or not.

This is exactly what they are doing. Easter provides a natural circuit breaker in order to assess the effects of kids going back to school.

10 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Pity he can't shoot the corrupt, incompetent twat against said wall.

The brass neck on the cunt. Knows full well he's been caught bang to rights yet wants praise while he sweeps it under the carpet rather than criticism. The sense of entitlement is disgusting. Just like Johnson, Rees-Mogg and Patel they all get angry when asked a question. 

They'll parade themselves as heroes after all this, getting us through it blighty spirit. Ignoring the bad decisions, the cronyism the blatent theft of public money, breaking of rules, essentially ending a stage of lockdown to protect a government advisor who got to not only keep his job at the time but give his own personal press conference. Bastards all of them.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

They'll parade themselves as heroes after all this, getting us through it blighty spirit. Ignoring the bad decisions, the cronyism the blatent theft of public money, breaking of rules, essentially ending a stage of lockdown to protect a government advisor who got to not only keep his job at the time but give his own personal press conference. Bastards all of them.

Politicians are going to politician , I am more annoyed at the millions of morons who lap it up.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Would have been good to have him back for the pandemic.

Unless he walks among us...

giphy.gif

• Upvote 5