You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's not sustainable. Those countries will eventually vaccinate their populations like the rest of the world and carry on as normal, except they won't have had the death toll. 

But will they then start to have a seasonal death toll, like we do with Influenza? 

4 minutes ago, Brownie said:

But will they then start to have a seasonal death toll, like we do with Influenza? 

I'm no expert, but you'd think so. Like other countries will as well. If you're asking whether it will be worse there because there will be almost no natural immunity, who knows. If they vaccinate properly, I don't see why it would be worse. But again, who has those answers. 

• Upvote 1

If this all plays out as planned, and we get to September, do you really think the government will give the media any Covid numbers? 

They meant what they said today, if this gets to stage 4 then there's no turning back, and that will mean the word 'covid' will all but vanish from the news.  Doesn't matter how many deaths next winter, they'll aim to keep it manageable for the NHS, in line with flu deaths maybe, but the government will erase it from the national consciousness gradually. 

7 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

If this all plays out as planned, and we get to September, do you really think the government will give the media any Covid numbers? 

They meant what they said today, if this gets to stage 4 then there's no turning back, and that will mean the word 'covid' will all but vanish from the news.  Doesn't matter how many deaths next winter, they'll aim to keep it manageable for the NHS, in line with flu deaths maybe, but the government will erase it from the national consciousness gradually. 

I can't see the scientists letting that happen.

Vallance was talking today for example about restrictions and masks etc being needed NEXT WINTER....we aren't even through this one yet!

Regardless of whether its a fair point and sensible or not, starting that narrative a year out when we still haven't come out of this winters lockdown tells me there will be no easing up in the messaging for a good while yet and it will intensify later in year.

9 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

5F8627E5-9F69-4F8F-A953-6400D1402FDB.gif

21 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

What is? That schools are a breeding ground for the virus? I can speak from personal experience that a classroom becomes a virus hotspot the moment one person walks into the room with a other people inside.

Anecdotal fallacy too. It's like a greatest hits of bad arguments tonight.

I already posted what the CDC and ECDC say, and they both say schools did not drive community transmission of coronavirus. If you want to ignore the science that's your business.

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

I can't see the scientists letting that happen.

Vallance was talking today for example about restrictions and masks etc being needed NEXT WINTER....we aren't even through this one yet!

Regardless of whether its a fair point and sensible or not, starting that narrative a year out when we still haven't come out of this winters lockdown tells me there will be no easing up in the messaging for a good while yet and it will intensify later in year.

I think Vallance can say what he likes now, but this government aren't going to repeat this. Face masks are naturally going to become a winter staple for many on public transport for example, and that's a good thing.

The annual vaccine will be the solution, as will advancements in treatments, and building a few new hospitals.  

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I think Vallance can say what he likes now, but this government aren't going to repeat this. Face masks are naturally going to become a winter staple for many on public transport for example, and that's a good thing.

The annual vaccine will be the solution, as will advancements in treatments, and building a few new hospitals.  

I have zero faith these bastards will increase hospitals, beds and critical care beds.

Not in any meaningful way anyway.

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I already posted what the CDC and ECDC say, and they both say schools did not drive community transmission of coronavirus. If you want to ignore the science that's your business.

So it was the supermarkets? 

You're thin on the ground for other culprits. 

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I will ignore your/CDC's/ECDC's interpretation of the science and allow the the facts to speak for themselves in the UK. That's where I live and work, not all over the world as the CDC and ECDC cover.

Just now, an tha said:

I have zero faith these bastards will increase hospitals, beds and critical care beds.

Not in any meaningful way anyway.

I have equal reluctance to believe it either, but it's the only way they will likely be able to mitigate the effects of Covid circulating freely.  

You never know, they might get lucky with a breakthrough that renders it highly treatable.  Otherwise, it's a Tory dream.  It's hoovering up oldies and the disabled every winter, freeing up space to build fish markets in every town. 

7 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I will ignore your/CDC's/ECDC's interpretation of the science and allow the the facts to speak for themselves in the UK. That's where I live and work, not all over the world as the CDC and ECDC cover.

You’re taking facts again mate, his head will explode 

An interesting read from a piece back in August of last year, revitalised as Italy undertakes an invesgation into its own poor performance with managing the coving outbreak. Their issue is they lied, and were woeful and cost lives, ours and the US's, was that we were billed as the best and did just as bad, if not worse.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/13/italy-pandemic-plan-was-old-and-inadequate-covid-report-finds

11 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Look at the comments about Chris Whitty on the daily mail or twitter by the covidiot loons. They absolutely hammer a man who (with his far more considerable knowledge of viruses) is trying to save as many lives as possible. He didn't get his degree with a crayon, he actually knows his shit. 

Next slide please. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Feeling a tiny bit off with the AZ after effects today. A bit warm and achy. Feel like I've got a moderate cold and a headache. Had a fairly restless night of broken sleep too. 

Nothing too bad though. 

My Mum, who'll be 79 in May had the AZ jab 5-6 weeks ago and has had no after effects at all. She's not in the best of health either.

It's weird how it affects people differently.

Glad you've had it though mate. 

7 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

My Mum, who'll be 79 in May had the AZ jab 5-6 weeks ago and has had no after effects at all. She's not in the best of health either.

It's weird how it affects people differently.

Glad you've had it though mate. 

It is mad. A mate had it and he had a sore arm and nothing else. A few friends of my ma had it and were laid up in bed for a week as it wiped them out. My ma had the Pfizer one and was fine. 

I've just had a few Panadols and things are easing a bit. Apparently, side effects are a sign that it's working and stimulating an immune response? (although an absence of side effects doesn't mean that it hasn't worked)