You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I assume you've negged me there because I'm right SpyBee? Or is it because I'm a cunt? Or both. 

I negged you because you posted something retarded with no evidence to back it up. If I post something without forensic detail I get shit, so it's only fair.

2 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I negged you because you posted something retarded with no evidence to back it up. If I post something without forensic detail I get shit, so it's only fair.

"retarded" wow. 

What forensic detail do you need? They went into lockdown, cases dropped as a result. Whats difficult there other than your warped view of how lockdowns work? 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

"retarded" wow. 

What forensic detail do you need? They went into lockdown, cases dropped as a result. Whats difficult there other than your warped view of how lockdowns work? 

You said it was definitely the main reason for a drop in hospitalisations.

3 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

Imagine the reaction if Dianne Abbott did this.

This fuckwit gets such an easy ride.

A prime example of him taking the credit, "WE have to get this right". 

16 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

13 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

But the first Tweet refers to cases- which don't appear to have had that much of a drop according to the Worldometer figures, at least not more than you'd expect from a lockdown- and the second one is about 'severe or critical' hospitalisation age profiles. Neither of them show what you're asserting- that vaccination has dramatically reduced hospitalisations. Again, vaccination probably has had an effect, but it's too early to be certain and you're not helping yourself by making these claims without solid figures.

8 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

You said it was definitely the main reason for a drop in hospitalisations.

I said drop in cases. Spikes have coincided with eased lockdown restrictions since this all began, they have also dropped after lockdown restrictions have been imposed. What is so difficult for you? 

17 minutes ago, Mudface said:

But the first Tweet refers to cases- which don't appear to have had that much of a drop according to the Worldometer figures, at least not more than you'd expect from a lockdown- and the second one is about 'severe or critical' hospitalisation age profiles. Neither of them show what you're asserting- that vaccination has dramatically reduced hospitalisations. Again, vaccination probably has had an effect, but it's too early to be certain and you're not helping yourself by making these claims without solid figures.

It literally shows the drop off in infections and hospitalisations.

Some stuff on schools reopening. I’ve got a child off school myself so I understand the issues they face etc... but it just seems to make a lot more sense to start them going back after Easter. They’re only going to get three weeks back before the Easter half-term anyway. 

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

It literally shows the drop off in infections and hospitalisations.

It doesn't, but anyway.

Finally found some actual figures- https://www.timesofisrael.com/as-case-numbers-drop-sheba-hospital-closes-2-coronavirus-wards/

According to the Health Ministry, on Sunday night, there were 55,720 active virus cases in the country, including 1,875 diagnosed on Saturday. The Health Ministry data said 1,008 patients are in serious condition, including 284 on ventilators. The death toll stood 5,378.

According to figures released by the Military Intelligence task force, Israel’s R-value, the reproduction number of the virus that measures transmission, dropped from 1.0 last week to 0.85. The number of serious patients was also on the decline, the task force reported, with the number down 125 since last week, when there were 1,133 patients in serious condition.

Good, but the number in the UK on mechanical ventilation declined from 3638 to 3164 between the 2nd and 9th of Feb (https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare), which will pretty much all be due to lockdown, as will the fall in the R number. The reduction in the age of hospitalised people in Israel is obviously very promising, but it's going to take another couple of weeks there to get a full picture. So, the original point still stands- if the Israeli data holds up over the next few weeks, then we should be able to start relaxing lockdown measures when we've reached their current level of vaccination.

*whistles insouciantly*

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/feb/16/malawi-heads-covid-19-taskforce-audit-funds-lazarus-chakwera

’Malawi’s president Lazarus Chakwera has fired the heads of his government’s Covid-19 taskforce, in what is being seen as his first decisive move during the pandemic.

The president fired the head of the disaster management department and the taskforce’s co-chair, and suspended further officials, some “for failing to maintain proper records of how such critical funds were used and others for defying my directive to submit reports weekly to my office”. He said the pandemic called for “strong leadership”.’

The suspensions will pave the way for a full forensic audit, which the national audit office has already begun, and a full and independent investigation, which the director of public prosecutions has requested the Malawi Police Service to conduct as a matter of urgency,” Chakwera said.

“Every Covid-19 death is tragic and to be mourned, and, although it is God who ultimately has power over life and death, the deaths that are preventable are even more heartbreaking. We therefore have a moral and civic duty to do everything we can to ensure that no penny meant for saving lives is stolen or abused, or wasted by anybody,” Chakwera, a former pentecostal church pastor, said.

When officers appeared before the taskforce with their reports on how they spent 6.2bn kwacha (£5.8m), only one official had properly backed up reports.’

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

*whistles insouciantly*

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/feb/16/malawi-heads-covid-19-taskforce-audit-funds-lazarus-chakwera

’Malawi’s president Lazarus Chakwera has fired the heads of his government’s Covid-19 taskforce, in what is being seen as his first decisive move during the pandemic.

The president fired the head of the disaster management department and the taskforce’s co-chair, and suspended further officials, some “for failing to maintain proper records of how such critical funds were used and others for defying my directive to submit reports weekly to my office”. He said the pandemic called for “strong leadership”.’

The suspensions will pave the way for a full forensic audit, which the national audit office has already begun, and a full and independent investigation, which the director of public prosecutions has requested the Malawi Police Service to conduct as a matter of urgency,” Chakwera said.

“Every Covid-19 death is tragic and to be mourned, and, although it is God who ultimately has power over life and death, the deaths that are preventable are even more heartbreaking. We therefore have a moral and civic duty to do everything we can to ensure that no penny meant for saving lives is stolen or abused, or wasted by anybody,” Chakwera, a former pentecostal church pastor, said.

When officers appeared before the taskforce with their reports on how they spent 6.2bn kwacha (£5.8m), only one official had properly backed up reports.’

Yeah, but you can't expect Her Britannic Majesty's Government to conform to the same standards as Malawi, not when there's money to be siphoned off to chums. 

When it is time to take stock of your life, have this:

A 90-year-old Seattle woman who woke up to snow on the day before her COVID-19 vaccination appointment didn't let it stop her — she just walked six miles through the snow to make it. 

Local Fox News affiliate Q13 reported that Fran Goldman walked the six miles through the snow to her Sunday COVID-19 vaccination appointment after she woke up on Saturday to the winter weather. 

"I had been spending a great deal of my time trying to get an appointment for a vaccination and finally on Friday, late afternoon I got one. I woke up Saturday to all the snow and thought ‘uh oh’. I know that our driveway is inaccessible in the snow," Goldman told the outlet. 

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

When it is time to take stock of your life, have this:

A 90-year-old Seattle woman who woke up to snow on the day before her COVID-19 vaccination appointment didn't let it stop her — she just walked six miles through the snow to make it. 

Local Fox News affiliate Q13 reported that Fran Goldman walked the six miles through the snow to her Sunday COVID-19 vaccination appointment after she woke up on Saturday to the winter weather. 

"I had been spending a great deal of my time trying to get an appointment for a vaccination and finally on Friday, late afternoon I got one. I woke up Saturday to all the snow and thought ‘uh oh’. I know that our driveway is inaccessible in the snow," Goldman told the outlet. 

Yet you still get fannies crying they cant breath in a mask.