You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

22 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

My headaches have calmed down now but I still feel like shit. My arm is still proper swollen as well and killing me, not sure that should be the case four days after I’ve had it. 

Have you taken antihistamines? They told me to do that. My immune system can go mental at times, so I just took them anyway for a few days. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

My headaches have calmed down now but I still feel like shit. My arm is still proper swollen as well and killing me, not sure that should be the case four days after I’ve had it. 

Do you have any allergies? Did they give you any numbers to ring for advice? I'd follow that up, even if it's with your GP. 

Of course this could be a start of your own superhero story with the whole swollen arm thing, wank man. 

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Do you have any allergies? Did they give you any numbers to ring for advice? I'd follow that up, even if it's with your GP. 

Of course this could be a start of your own superhero story with the whole swollen arm thing, wank man. 

A superhero with HIV? Bloody "woke" bastards 

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

No haven’t got any allergies at all, I’ve raised it on the government ‘yellow card’ scheme to report side effects from the vaccine. 

Don’t know about wank man, it’s more like Hellboy the way it’s going. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

A superhero with HIV? Bloody "woke" bastards 

Leave Turdseye out of this. 

And the most obvious outsourced backhander of the day goes to...

LIVIN’ IT UP AT THE HOTEL: Today, the U.K.’s hotel quarantine border control comes into effect and will force some incoming travelers to cough up £1,750 for a mandatory 10-day stay in a hotel room. ITV’s Paul Brand has found out exactly where the money will be going.

The hotel itself will get £700-£875, at a cost of roughly £70 per night (including food). The remaining sum largely covers G4S private security services, but also includes transportation from the airport to the hotel and coronavirus tests.

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

March 8th seems to be the day. I think it should be a priority. These kids are suffering, God knows how their general mental health is.

I think for the sake of another month or two the priority should be not seeing cases fly back up again before there is much herd immunity. At the current rate of vaccination a very sizeable chunk of the population could have had their first dose by the middle of April. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jairzinho said:

I think for the sake of another month or two the priority should be not seeing cases fly back up again before there is much herd immunity. At the current rate of vaccination a very sizeable chunk of the population could have had their first dose by the middle of April. 

You need to consider seasonality and other factors too. It's a difficult balance to strike, but if you look at what is happening in Israel, they have seen cases plummet. I suppose if we're talking 8th of March only the people who have been vaccinated up to today today have full cover by then though. There are yet more studies showing the importance of vitamin D, but no powerful messages from the government.

16 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

But don't open the fucking schools yet. 

14 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

March 8th seems to be the day. I think it should be a priority. These kids are suffering, God knows how their general mental health is.

If the schools are to open on 8th March I'd hope to have see staff working in schools vaccinated before then. It won't happen so set your calenders 2 weeks later for the start of the spark like we saw in mid/late September.  

Kids mental health is deteriorating. They need to be in school for good, not in for a few weeks and then off again because their bubble pops. Or for one day before it locks down again like in January. 

Once again it seems like we're rushing towards an early opening. I wonder what the rates will be like compared to September come the big day? 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

You need to consider seasonality and other factors too. It's a difficult balance to strike, but if you look at what is happening in Israel, they have seen cases plummet. I suppose if we're talking 8th of March only the people who have been vaccinated up to today today have full cover by then though. There are yet more studies showing the importance of vitamin D, but no powerful messages from the government.

In that case, once we reach Israel's vaccination rate on first and second doses, then we can consider reopening things.

There’s a study out that people who don’t understand studies (and I’m including myself here) claim shows vitamin D is a wonder drug.  People who do understand studies have lots of concerns about the study and claims it makes.   Vitamin D may turn out to be great, but this study isn’t the proof. 

17 minutes ago, Mudface said:

In that case, once we reach Israel's vaccination rate on first and second doses, then we can consider reopening things.

The fall have been after first dose. The period after the second dose was too short to have an impact.

I agree that we should have vaccinated teachers. Our lads at work have been offered the vaccine and they just service equipment for hospitals etc. I think they are less at risk than supermarket workers.

31 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

There’s a study out that people who don’t understand studies (and I’m including myself here) claim shows vitamin D is a wonder drug.  People who do understand studies have lots of concerns about the study and claims it makes.   Vitamin D may turn out to be great, but this study isn’t the proof. 

Yes. Loads of qualified people have issues with the study. 

Some Twitter threads if you want to have a look:

• Upvote 1

I hadn't seen anybody criticising this study. Thanks for info. I'll try and have a read tomorrow.

I did see something about Ivermetcin too, has this been similarly rubbished? https://www.researchgate.net/publication/348230894_Ivermectin_reduces_the_risk_of_death_from_COVID-19_-a_rapid_review_and_meta-analysis_in_support_of_the_recommendation_of_the_Front_Line_COVID-19_Critical_Care_Alliance

Haven’t seen anything about Ivermetcin but if I notice something I’ll post it. Feels like there are always various drugs being touted then one that actually works comes out of the blue like Dexamethasone or that new one the cunt was trying to pronounce in the press conference tonight. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sugar Ape said:

Haven’t seen anything about Ivermetcin but if I notice something I’ll post it. Feels like there are always various drugs being touted then one that actually works comes out of the blue like Dexamethasone or that new one the cunt was trying to pronounce in the press conference tonight. 

Fuck Ivermetcin I'm still recovering from the household bleach !

• Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Vaccinating half the population is going to do that sunshine or no sunshine.

17 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I hadn't seen anybody criticising this study. Thanks for info. I'll try and have a read tomorrow.

I did see something about Ivermetcin too, has this been similarly rubbished? https://www.researchgate.net/publication/348230894_Ivermectin_reduces_the_risk_of_death_from_COVID-19_-a_rapid_review_and_meta-analysis_in_support_of_the_recommendation_of_the_Front_Line_COVID-19_Critical_Care_Alliance

But if you’d seen it, read about it, surely you’d have seen the flaws?