You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Always liked him

Do Strontz and SpyBee get a mention?

As for re-opening, some leader the PM is. I mean we knew he wasn't one anyway but what a fucking shit state if/when in April we are back where we are now. 

One thing I don't understand is why people are thinking that we are going to have another lockdown and why reopening in April is such a bad idea?

The Easter weekend is 7 weeks away. By that time won't nearly all the most at risk people have had at least one injection?

At what point do people think we need to get to before we can start easing the lockdown?

3 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

One thing I don't understand is why people are thinking that we are going to have another lockdown and why reopening in April is such a bad idea?

The Easter weekend is 7 weeks away. By that time won't nearly all the most at risk people have had at least one injection?

At what point do people think we need to get to before we can start easing the lockdown?

The number of people in each age group increases as you go younger.  There’s no point going through all this if we still have 40m who can get sick and clog up the hospitals.  

9 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Because last time they opened schools we saw a massive spike. After xmas when it was a fee for all we saw a catastrophic spike. Whats hard to understand there? 

23 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

There will still be many people who are either extremely clinically vulnerable or clinically vulnerable, yet to be fully vaccinated.

My father isn’t in the most at risk category but spent 6 weeks in ICU, then two weeks in a high dependency ward, is still in hospital and is unable to sit or stand unaided. He’s making good progress but isn’t out of the woods just yet. Covid-19 knocked him for six, causing him to have a heart attack and develop sepsis and blood clots.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

14 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

There will still be many people who are either extremely clinically vulnerable or clinically vulnerable, yet to be fully vaccinated.

My father isn’t in the most at risk category but spent 6 weeks in ICU, then two weeks in a high dependency ward, is still in hospital and is unable to sit or stand unaided. He’s making good progress but isn’t out of the woods just yet. Covid-19 knocked him for six, causing him to have a heart attack and develop sepsis and blood clots.

Hopefully he's over the worst mate.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Glad he's making progress mate. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Because last time they opened schools we saw a massive spike. After xmas when it was a fee for all we saw a catastrophic spike. Whats hard to understand there? 

I realise that, but last time that happened people weren't being vaccinated, or only a few people had had it. 

23 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

That makes more sense. I'm really sorry to hear about what your Dad has been through mate. I hope he continues to make good progress. 

I was just trying to gauge at what point people are comfortable with easing the lockdown. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I realise that, but last time that happened people weren't being vaccinated, or only a few people had had it. 

That makes more sense. I'm really sorry to hear about what your Dad has been through mate. I hope he continues to make good progress. 

I was just trying to gauge at what point people are comfortable with easing the lockdown. 

Unfortunately there's no way of knowing who is at risk and who isn't. My work relies on Goverment appointed officials to decide when they are comfortable to open up again and there has been absolutely no word on when Driving Test Examiners will be returning to work. If they are not comfortbale with sitting in a car with a stranger, I would imagine that's a fairly good gauge on when the lockdown restrictions are justified - as soon as they are comfortable with it, I would suspect this would indicate that restrictions are being lifted.

Without wanting to sound like a conspiracy theorist, it's quite interesting to note that since Brexit was delivered by Cunt Cummings, there has been no pressure whatsoever from inside the main sections of the Tory party to lift restrictions.

5 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Without wanting to sound like a conspiracy theorist, it's quite interesting to note that since Brexit was delivered by Cunt Cummings, there has been no pressure whatsoever from inside the main sections of the Tory party to lift restrictions.

Yeah I do wonder if some of the new variants are actually more dangerous than we are being told. 

Since the Christmas fiasco they do seem to have been taking more caution and following the scientific advice more closely.

One of my friends works in a brewery, and they need two weeks notice before they can start delivering Kegs as they take two weeks to brew and he says that they haven't heard anything yet either, only the unofficial rumours about Easter weekend. 

13 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Said the same the other day when there was reports of "NHS reforms". Suddenly Johnson urges calm and restraint on lifting restrictions, just when the shit is starting to hit the fan with their other policies.

Like the entirety of the crisis, this will be a numbers game based on what they believe is manageable by the NHS. We're vaccinating almost 3m per week at the moment and even though there's a supply lull meant to be heading our way, it seems a reasonable expectation we could hit 2m per week and if the previous post was is right that Easter is 7 weeks away, then by the time the Easter holidays is over, half the nation should have had their 1st jab. Hospitalisations are much lower in those other groups, so while they're going back and giving everyone their 2nd jab, it seems a fair assumption based on how the government have managed this up to now that they'll open up once again and while hospitals manage, they'll keep opening up. If that means another 20k dead, I don't think anyone in the government will care provided the hospitals aren't over run. It feels very logical to me this is the point where the government will try to execute their her immunity plan. 

More evidence that the disastrous rush to reopen everything, when the exact opposite was needed, was dogma-driven.  This negligence has led to tens of thousands of preventable deaths.

https://bylinetimes.com/2021/02/11/records-confirm-turning-point-boris-johnson-meeting-with-lockdown-sceptics/?s=09

Like a few others on here, we've volunteered to help out at a mass vaccination centre. I've been turned down for administrating the jabs and will have to do with car park marshalling, I dont mind as I get a high viz jacket and a little bit of power. 

The bit thats wound me up is that an area by the main entrance gate has been cordoned off to make room for protestors. Fucking protestors, who the fuck would actually take the time out to go and stand waving banners and shouting shit? I thought it was just prudent planning but they are actually expecting these lowlifes to turn up.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, A Red said:

Like a few others on here, we've volunteered to help out at a mass vaccination centre. I've been turned down for administrating the jabs and will have to do with car park marshalling, I dont mind as I get a high viz jacket and a little bit of power. 

The bit thats wound me up is that an area by the main entrance gate has been cordoned off to make room for protestors. Fucking protestors, who the fuck would actually take the time out to go and stand waving banners and shouting shit? I thought it was just prudent planning but they are actually expecting these lowlifes to turn up.

I suspect Darwin will have his own way of dealing with these nimrods in the coming weeks and months.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, A Red said:

You've got a high viz jacket, you could probably getting away with twatting a few of them.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, A Red said:

Don't forget your clipboard and cap. And a whip.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, A Red said:

Sad nobheads if they turn up. Imagine protesting against a vaccine. 

My dad hadn't mentioned till today, he had the Astra Zenica one two weeks ago and said he didn't feel any side effects just slept like a baby that night. I'd rang him for something else and then just asked when he is getting his (he's got copd) and he just went "Oh I had mine a couple of weeks ago, it was sound". Independent bastard, I had no idea. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Sad nobheads if they turn up. Imagine protesting against a vaccine. 

My dad hadn't mentioned till today, he had the Astra Zenica one two weeks ago and said he didn't feel any side effects just slept like a baby that night. I'd rang him for something else and then just asked when he is getting his (he's got copd) and he just went "Oh I had mine a couple of weeks ago, it was sound". Independent bastard, I had no idea. 

he's a lucky cunt - i have not slept properly since, about 10 days now. 

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

My headaches have calmed down now but I still feel like shit. My arm is still proper swollen as well and killing me, not sure that should be the case four days after I’ve had it. 

My COVID test came back negative so it was just the Oxford jab which totalled me. Came back to normal over the weekend - couple of proper nights sleep again finally - after wading through treacle for weeks, so it does turn for the better even when you’ve had a nasty reaction to it.

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Did you just call my dad a cunt? 

To be fair he did say if there were any side effects he probably wouldn't have noticed he's already got that many aches and pains