You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Getting my jab next week as I am classed as a "care worker" (I am Payroll Manager for a group of nurseries).

Been issued a letter by the directors saying I'm eligible and I just need to book my appointment at a vaccination centre.

I have no problem with having the jab and am more than happy to go get it, the way my brain works though I overthink things, which is where you good people come in:

Is it selfish/morally wrong for me to book myself in for the jab?

I do work in a nursery but only really come into contact with the office manager and directors and then I am more than 2 metres apart.

The directors are pushing for everyone to have the jab, but I don't want to take the place of someone who needs it more than me.

Would just like to know what others think, as I am a nightmare and stuff like this really messes with my head for overthinking.

I admire your conscience but no it's not selfish and no it's not morally wrong.

You qualify to have the vaccine now, so have it.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I had the Pfizer vaccine about 3 weeks ago. Found out today I have Covid 19 and have to self isolate. I’ve applied for a £500 self isolate payment, anyone got an idea how long this might take to come through? I can’t earn money and I’m skint.

Thats a kick in the nuts. Were you scheduled to have the second shot?

26 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I had the Pfizer vaccine about 3 weeks ago. Found out today I have Covid 19 and have to self isolate. I’ve applied for a £500 self isolate payment, anyone got an idea how long this might take to come through? I can’t earn money and I’m skint.

I had to self isolate in December, I claimed for the grant through the app and it was in my account 2 days later 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Do you think the stance by the government on the gap between vaccine jabs was done for medical reasons giving as many as people as possible some kind of protection or a political decision  to make numbers seem greater and provide positive PR regardless of its effect.

Possibly the former, but that's only because they'd backed themselves into a corner with cases and deaths, so they'd bought themselves no time to do things properly, it is literally helicopters dropping chemicals on a wild fire. 

2 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Getting my jab next week as I am classed as a "care worker" (I am Payroll Manager for a group of nurseries).

Been issued a letter by the directors saying I'm eligible and I just need to book my appointment at a vaccination centre.

I have no problem with having the jab and am more than happy to go get it, the way my brain works though I overthink things, which is where you good people come in:

I do work in a nursery but only really come into contact with the office manager and directors and then I am more than 2 metres apart.

The directors are pushing for everyone to have the jab, but I don't want to take the place of someone who needs it more than me.

Would just like to know what others think, as I am a nightmare and stuff like this really messes with my head for overthinking.

If it all goes wrong everyone will be able to blame you, you will become The Fall Guy. *

* Get the jab, no one intends to get it or pass it on, so any contact whatsoever will be made saver by you getting the jab.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Reckoner said:

Haha to be fair I could have had it a couple of weeks, plus I’ve been in very close contact with Covid positive patients, in nursing homes...

I should add, I hope you get better soon and that it doesn't leave you on the bones of your arse.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Not at all mate. Get it done.

If you don't get it done now, you might not get another chance if these Stupid bastards in charge decide not to vaccinate everybody. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

I say get it, no two ways about it. The quicker people who are offered it, get it the faster they move on to the next group. 

6 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Deffo, a nursery is possibly crawling with infection too.

Unfortunately this is true, my sister is a nursery teacher and her school is currently shut as she has covid along with all thd other teachers who all caught it from each other.

Just now, Shooter in the Motor said:

Unfortunately this is true, my sister is a nursery teacher and her school is currently shut as she has covid along with all thd other teachers who all caught it from each other.

The little fuckers are super spreaders.

hope ya sister is ok mate.