You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

11 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I watched a bit of the interview with David Davis a few weeks ago (not as bad as it sounds). Then saw him today in parliament talking about this, which even made the Spanish news. Admittedly, predominantly because the studies have been in Cordoba.

I do wonder why it hasn't made much of a stir. People have been talking about this stuff for a year.

When this whole situation exploded, I saw a lot of links between Vitamin D and Covid and it absolutely just made sense. Vitamin D is transported around the body by blood cells which is also how Covid-19 is transported. If the body is busy transporting Vitamin D around the body, it's less likely to start transporting things that it doesn't recognise. I was in from the off. This just confirms that it reduces the risk, rather than eliminates it (which is what I hoped!).

The reason it's not being banged out is simply that it's so cheap to manufacture that the profits involved are miniscule. As it doesn't cure anything, the medical institutions do not incorporate it in their documentation. That's a pretty disturbing reason but having looked into how GPs operate, I'd buy that as a reason. Diseases that require medication are profitable to the medical industry and can be taught in a medical institution. High blood pressure has a medication that can help solve it. If medication is not required in a case, you are told to lose weight, reduce stress etc.

Low blood pressure does not have a medication that can be prescribed, therefore this isn't something that is taught in medical institutions. Crazy.

GPs are effectively drug dealers who profit from a person's illlness. If you're not getting ill, you're not profitable to the institution. Next time you're at the Doctor's ask them how you can go from feeling as healthy as you are now to even healthier without medication and it will absolutely bamboozle them.

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Vitamin D is transported around the body by blood cells which is also how Covid-19 is transported. If the body is busy transporting Vitamin D around the body, it's less likely to start transporting things that it doesn't recognise.

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

When this whole situation exploded, I saw a lot of links between Vitamin D and Covid and it absolutely just made sense. Vitamin D is transported around the body by blood cells which is also how Covid-19 is transported. If the body is busy transporting Vitamin D around the body, it's less likely to start transporting things that it doesn't recognise. I was in from the off. This just confirms that it reduces the risk, rather than eliminates it (which is what I hoped!).

The reason it's not being banged out is simply that it's so cheap to manufacture that the profits involved are miniscule. As it doesn't cure anything, the medical institutions do not incorporate it in their documentation. That's a pretty disturbing reason but having looked into how GPs operate, I'd buy that as a reason. Diseases that require medication are profitable to the medical industry and can be taught in a medical institution. High blood pressure has a medication that can help solve it. If medication is not required in a case, you are told to lose weight, reduce stress etc.

Low blood pressure does not have a medication that can be prescribed, therefore this isn't something that is taught in medical institutions. Crazy.

GPs are effectively drug dealers who profit from a person's illlness. If you're not getting ill, you're not profitable to the institution. Next time you're at the Doctor's ask them how you can go from feeling as healthy as you are now to even healthier without medication and it will absolutely bamboozle them.

Yes, I suppose I feared as much as well.

You can get a fucking box of things for a few quid at the supermarket.

38 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

There’s some pretty big claims in that post.  The bit about keeping the blood ‘busy’ to ward of infections.  Is that true?  

And the government are issuing Vit D, my mum and dad got some last week. 

It's been proven transmission via surfaces is pretty low and unlikely.

And that Vitamin D post is a bit much, I'll be honest. Some weird stuff in there. There's been some correlation/causation issues with a lot of those studies. I think in general and if we're being realistic, Vitamin D is supposed to have a positive effect on overall health and helping your body against infections, and there's some small proof of that, but otherwise, we gotta relax with the big statements.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I was reading back through the thread as well the other day and I think this might be my favourite page. So much going on. 

https://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/forums/topic/115439-coronavirus/&page=797

That page is bookmarked somewhere in the galaxy by someone who teaches people to chat utter fucking shit.  

On 23/07/2020 at 14:34, Strontium Dog™ said:

My understanding is it's essentially a delayed first wave. All those countries who have been patting themselves on the back for stopping the virus in its tracks then find it coming back with a vengeance after they loosen controls. I don't think countries like the UK have as much to fear, since the virus has been allowed to run rampant and is burning itself out naturally.

Hahahahahahaha. Fucking hell! 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

There’s some pretty big claims in that post.  The bit about keeping the blood ‘busy’ to ward of infections.  Is that true?  

And the government are issuing Vit D, my mum and dad got some last week. 

There's no way I can claim that to be absolutely true, it was just a way of trying to justify it in my head when I first heard about the tenuous links between vitamin D and Covid-19. It does make some sort of scientific sense though.

But Covid-19, oxygen and Vitamin D being transported as a priority by red blood cells is absolutely true and white blood cells are the body's immune system detectors. They ensure that red blood cells are carrying around the body what they should be and ensuree they are carrying the good stuff around the body to where it needs to go. It's also the white blood cells that tell the body's immune system to attack anything that shouldn't be there. If the red blood cells contain more vitamin D and more oxygen than perhaps is usual (especially in the Winter months when less Vitamin D is produced in the body), how can they take on the responsibility of carrying this new cell in the body which it can't recognise as a threat when it's priority is to transport oxygen and Vitamin D? I'm sure red blood cells also do a lot more than this.

I'd 100% rather have something that helps prevent rather than a cure, Vitamin D plus good oxygen levels plus the vaccine and I'm Ramboing the shit out of Covid-19.

3 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I've taken Vitamin D daily for about 4 years. Still got Covid. Just been for a blood test for ongoing Covid problems 5 weeks later.

Who knows, maybe I would have been worse off without it? 

As the video states, it's not 100% preventative as nothing is but 34% preventative is better than 0% without Vitamin D.

Out of curiosity, what is your daily Vitamin D intake? I think the Doctor in the video says he takes 3,000 iu per day and I think at the moment I'm taking 1,200iu per day.

There's no way I can claim that to be absolutely true, it was just a way of trying to justify it in my head when I first heard about the tenuous links between vitamin D and Covid-19. It does make some sort of scientific sense though.

But Covid-19, oxygen and Vitamin D being transported as a priority by red blood cells is absolutely true and white blood cells are the body's immune system detectors. They ensure that red blood cells are carrying around the body what they should be and ensuree they are carrying the good stuff around the body to where it needs to go. It's also the white blood cells that tell the body's immune system to attack anything that shouldn't be there. If the red blood cells contain more vitamin D and more oxygen than perhaps is usual (especially in the Winter months when less Vitamin D is produced in the body), how can they take on the responsibility of carrying this new cell in the body which it can't recognise as a threat when it's priority is to transport oxygen and Vitamin D? I'm sure red blood cells also do a lot more than this.

I'd 100% rather have something that helps prevent rather than a cure, Vitamin D plus good oxygen levels plus the vaccine and I'm Ramboing the shit out of Covid-19.

Listen, I'm not saying don't post medical stuff in this thread, but on the page Sugar Ape quoted recently, you were saying Influenza was a Coronavirus. So, I'm just saying, maybe cool it on this kind of stuff.

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Listen, I'm not saying don't post medical stuff in this thread, but on the page Sugar Ape quoted recently, you were saying Influenza was a Coronavirus. So, I'm just saying, maybe cool it on this kind of stuff.

Are you trying to say that I have compared the effects of Covid-19 to the effects of influenza?

Coronavirus is a family of infectious viruses, of which influenza and covid-19 belong. Same as a Great White Shark and a Basking Shark both belong to the shark family. I'd rather keep away from both sharks but I know which shark I'd rather be bitten by.

And if you don't want to read it, then don't.

Are you trying to say that I have compared the effects of Covid-19 to the effects of influenza?

No, I'm saying cut out the pseudo-science sounding stuff on Vitamin D. I don't have time to verify everything you wrote but a lot of that sounds a little weird.

As posted, Vitamin D probably has benefits, but as you're not a medical professional, I'd cool it on your explanations of its functions in the body.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

No, I'm saying cut out the pseudo-science sounding stuff on Vitamin D. I don't have time to verify everything you wrote but a lot of that sounds a little weird.

As posted, Vitamin D probably has benefits, but as you're not a medical professional, I'd cool it on your explanations of its functions in the body.

I assume then that you watched the study the Doctor explained?

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I assume then that you are a medical preofessional and would like to verify what I have written on that basis? Feel free to counter it on your own studies.