You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

18 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Two worrying Tweets.

Haven't looked at the second tweet but the first one has various people saying the opposite and/or offering some context as to why it might be the case. Really don't see how the fella tweeting that is helping anyone. If anything he's making it more likely that a couple of borderline anti vaxxer types swerve it. 

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'm just pointing out what Japan did differently to us.

Part of their culture is to wear masks out of consideration for others even before covid. Masks, decency and general level of cleanliness has helped them fight this vaccine better than the Uk. 

8 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Haven't looked at the second tweet but the first one has various people saying the opposite and/or offering some context as to why it might be the case. Really don't see how the fella tweeting that is helping anyone. If anything he's making it more likely that a couple of borderline anti vaxxer types swerve it. 

Reading his responses, he seemed to be making the point that the government should reconsider the idea of giving the second dose of vaccine after 12 weeks instead of 21 days, especially in care homes. I didn’t read as being anti-vaccine.

19 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Lockdowns: No/Yes

We had more deaths by mid-April than Japan has had since the start of the outbreak. They never needed to completely lockdown.

The only advantage they have had over us is that they were prepared for this due to the recent outbreaks of SARS, MERS, bird flu and swine flu. Because those outbreaks didn’t really impact us, we were complacent, as was the rest of Europe and the US.

4 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

We had more deaths by mid-April than Japan has had since the start of the outbreak. They never needed to completely lockdown.

The only advantage they have had over us is that they were prepared for this due to the recent outbreaks of SARS, MERS, bird flu and swine flu. Because those outbreaks didn’t really impact us, we were complacent, as was the rest of Europe and the US.

Speak for yourself. I had swine flu. A week of diarrhoea, I lost 15lb. Never felt better.

7 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Reading his responses, he seemed to be making the point that the government should reconsider the idea of giving the second dose of vaccine after 12 weeks instead of 21 days, especially in care homes. I didn’t read as being anti-vaccine.

I didn't read it as anti-vaccine either. 

However, people whose views are on the edge (of lunacy) might. 

I just find it a bit irresponsible. But I guess Twitter is just like that. 

Sad to hear anyone has died. 

Hypocrisy levels about to go through the stratosphere though. I see Piers Morgan has reverted to cunt mode by staunchly defending a 100 year old mans trip to the Bahamas without a vaccination with his family during a global pandemic thats killed over 2.2 million people. In completely un-related news Piers took his family to Antigua over Xmas. 

21 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Skids will be on here shortly to tell you...

giphy.gif

Ha, she had to tell her. 

Because for some reason schools now act as social services and child protection. When I was a lad you just went to school to get taught.

A parent was kicking off at the school wanting to know why they weren't teaching her kid to use a knife and fork.

Parenting? It's for suckers.

On 01/02/2021 at 14:26, Tony Moanero said:

Fed up?

I would have loved not having to go to school and in those days we had about 90 minutes of children’s television, no smartphones, tablets or internet.

She's 8 mate. She misses her friends and at that age they are only doing tasks which are educational and fun.

Im worried about my missus, her mood is changing daily and she's feeling the weight of looking after the kids whilst I work whilst doing part time. She's not sleeping and is starting to look ill. I'm gonna have to take some time out I think and try and steady the ship.

It also doesn't help that we lost two family members last year that wasn't due to Covid but to falls in the home - whilst they were cut off from support.

The whole situation seems like a never ending nightmare whichever view or angle you take.

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Had he been to Barbados recently? 

Something I heard in a meeting today. 

At Christmas. To be fair to him, I doubt he had much say in the matter.

In the picture his family posted, the fella looked fed up, to me. Poor cunt is 100, what's he want Barbados weather for. 

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Speak for yourself. I had swine flu. A week of diarrhoea, I lost 15lb. Never felt better.

Both me and my missus both had it at the same time. Kicked the shit out of us and kept kicking.

Whenever I catch something it usually hits me hard because of other health conditions, but she's one of those who just shrugs things off and gets on with it.

Not that time though.