You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

8 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

The worst thing about that whole saga was the fact Cummings was a fucking bellend who ended up getting fucked off anyway. 

If he truly was indispensable to the running of government in this country then you could almost understand them backing him. The fact he’s just another self-styled guru who thinks he’s a genius like that Hilton cunt under Cameron and Nick Timothy under May made it worse.  

The way he not only turned up late but was arrogant and blatantly lied to the country was the worst bit for me. Horrible cunt who I wouldn’t save from fire. 

2 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I think population density, obesity, age and how we care for our elderly have all played a part as well. I’m not saying the Government have not contributed but I think it’s quite a nuanced picture. Who we are, where we live, how we live and how we have been governed have all played equal parts in this. A density populated country with a fat, ageing, non confirming population and is ruled in an inconsistent and sometimes contradictory way by a maverick populist leader. These were almost the ideal circumstances for this thing to let rip. 

I don't disagree with alot of the points you've been making - I just wanted to see if you'd also criticise the government.

7 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Yes of course. Some of the decisions have been ludicrous. Eat out to help out was probably the single worse Government policy of recent years. I’m not a fan of binary politics. It’s rarely that simple. 

Hmmm.

I think back to the very early speeches by Matt Hancock (we'll be ready for the pandemic) and Boris Johnson (we'll stand toe to toe with this virus) and say that we would not have had to rely on public behaviour if these clowns hadn't spoke over the soundtrack to Rocky.

1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

The worst thing about that whole saga was the fact Cummings was a fucking bellend who ended up getting fucked off anyway. 

If he truly was indispensable to the running of government in this country then you could almost understand them backing him. The fact he’s just another self-styled guru who thinks he’s a genius like that Hilton cunt under Cameron and Nick Timothy under May made it worse.  

I think he was only ever there to see Brexit through. But if Gove takes over, he'll be back. 

Got an appointment for my vaccine today. I was impressed with the setup. I got a text from my GP saying I was invited for vaccine and provided a link, I followed that to an NHS website, provided my DOB as proof of ID and then was offered a load of slots. Selected the one I want, it all went through and I got a text to confirm. 60 seconds end to end. 

Had a dream where I was at a party, then the police show up to issue us all with lockdown breach fines, so I snuck out a window and was then on the lamb, a fugitive for days, always running with the police never far behind. Weird detail was that for the days I was on the run, I remained drunk without drinking any more. And I kept forgetting where I parked my car, or if I even had a car.

Dreams are fucked.

'SAGE ADVICE: Attracting attention in Downing Street last night was Steve Swinford’s Times splash, which says SAGE warned Downing Street two weeks ago that the only way to “get close” to guaranteeing new strains are kept out was either completely closing the borders, or introducing hotel quarantine measures for everyone entering Britain. You’ll remember Hancock and Home Secretary Priti Patel had lobbied Johnson for the borders to be closed, but the prime minister overruled them and went with targeted hotel quarantine for hotspot countries instead.

LABOUR PRITI: As you can imagine, Labour — which is in the unusual position of agreeing with Patel that Johnson should impose harsher border controls — is going big this morning. Shadow Home Secretary Nick Thomas-Symonds is on the morning broadcast round. Last night he said: “These revelations are incredibly serious. Ministers have knowingly left the U.K. border open and potentially exposed people to new strains of the virus, in direct contradiction of their own government scientists’ advice.”

Is that true? Playbook would say there has been maximum-level pushback from No. 10 to this claim. Downing Street is absolutely adamant SAGE did not advise the PM to close the borders or introduce blanket quarantine. Playbook is told Chief Medical Officer Chris Whitty and Chief Scientific Adviser Patrick Vallance never once suggested to Johnson that he should adopt either proposal.

So what’s going on? As the quotes in the Times story show, SAGE did indeed tell ministers two weeks ago that the only way to totally prevent the importation of new variants was to either preemptively close borders or implement blanket quarantine on arrivals. However — and crucially for the PM — the SAGE submission to ministers did not actually advise them to do so. Instead, SAGE stated the obvious — closing borders guarantees new variants are kept out, not much else does — rather than making any policy recommendations. They left the call up to Johnson — whether he made the right one is another question.'

Johnson should be fucking hammered for this, again.

What a pathetic fucking excuse for governance, truly catastrophic having these chancers in charge.

At every fucking juncture he's failed, the only thing that has been done right is the fucking vaccine where the scientists bailed them out and the army took on logistics, the big boys saved them.

Absofucklutely pathetic.

12 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

I don't want to bang on about New Zealand (and Australia to a lesser extent), but they're hardly known for subservience and their response has been spot on. The main difference between them and us is that we're stuck with a horror show of a government, propped up by a complicit media.

Australia, in my experience as well as middle class USA is an extremely conservative country. Its a daft example but one of the reasons the americans love cop shows where the character "doesnt play by the rules" is because many of them pretty much do. I was shocked how boring and staid, away from main city centres, Australia actually is. Just my experience though. I dont know but would guess middle class Canada and NZ is pretty much the same.

17 minutes ago, A Red said:

Australia, in my experience as well as middle class USA is an extremely conservative country. Its a daft example but one of the reasons the americans love cop shows where the character "doesnt play by the rules" is because many of them pretty much do. I was shocked how boring and staid, away from main city centres, Australia actually is. Just my experience though. I dont know but would guess middle class Canada and NZ is pretty much the same.

I suppose I should have worded it slightly differently, in that their general population are much like ours - definitely (looking in from the outside at least) not as regimented as some of the east Asian nations.

Wife just got a message from one of her class saying he won't be able to attend the 2pm online class because there are people going round to his for his dad's birthday today.

You wonder what the kids aren't telling the teachers if that's the shit they are telling them.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here signed off work sick for a fortnight waiting on blood tests and heart tests cos the wife picked up Covid at school and gave it to me.

Absolute cunts.

• Upvote 8

On 09/12/2020 at 15:32, Spy Bee said:

So, people with previous significant allergies are now being told not to take the Pfizer vaccine. They don't think that having the vaccine will stop you from catching it, and you may still spread it. It sounds like a decent treatment rather than a vaccine.

The Oxford one seems to have much better benefits really, and it doesn't need to be stored at -1000 degrees!

This Pfizer vaccine? 

23 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Wife just got a message from one of her class saying he won't be able to attend the 2pm online class because there are people going round to his for his dad's birthday today.

You wonder what the kids aren't telling the teachers if that's the shit they are telling them.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here signed off work sick for a fortnight waiting on blood tests and heart tests cos the wife picked up Covid at school and gave it to me.

Absolute cunts.

Scum of the earth mate. 

29 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Absolute cunts.

Report them. If you don’t want to do it send me the address and I’ll do it anonymously.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Poster said:

Hopefully it's just that they are looking to halt it. The last I read the vaccine is only 60% effective against it and it could undermine the whole vaccine roll out. 

They have the means to better deal with testing now, and no excuse not to lock this variant down. 

We may see variants pop up around the globe and somehow find themselves here, we need to be able to deal with any quickly if we are to get back to some level of normality once vaccinated. 

In terms of vaccine efficacy, 60% is still pretty good.

18 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I think population density, obesity, age and how we care for our elderly have all played a part as well. I’m not saying the Government have not contributed but I think it’s quite a nuanced picture. Who we are, where we live, how we live and how we have been governed have all played equal parts in this. A density populated country with a fat, ageing, non confirming population and is ruled in an inconsistent and sometimes contradictory way by a maverick populist leader. These were almost the ideal circumstances for this thing to let rip. 

ED5F0830-665D-46C0-9901-F41052E9C15F.jpeg

• Upvote 3