You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Despite growing anger, Sandra Gallina, the European commission official who negotiated the supply contracts, claimed to MEPs that the EU was among the “bigger league of countries” in terms of administering jabs and that she had “nothing to envy” in other nations.

She said: “I would like to tell you that today we have already have gone beyond a mark of 12m vaccinations … All the member states are in the top league.”

So a couple of million more than the UK on its own then.

Earlier on Monday, Beaune, a close ally of the French president Emmanuel Macron, also defended the EU’s record, adding that the UK’s apparent success had “nothing to do with Brexit”. He claimed the UK strategy had involved risks that France’s public would have found intolerable.

The French public are probably wondering in which decade they'll be receiving their vaccine, you fucking useless shit cunt.

47 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Not sure about this. If a vulnerable person goes to a chemist and catches Covid from them, you are in a position to help prevent that. We're trying to prvent the spread of a potentially deadly virus, not tell on mates indiscretions.

But you're not cool, as long as you're aware of that. If someone robs your house and you get the license plate, it's also a cunts trick to tell the police. Also if someone attempts to murder you, the best thing to do is let them, because being dead is better than being a grass.

Oh wait, we aren't 15, and hundreds of thousands of people are dead and more dying.

The guy KNOWS he has it for fuck sake. How is it even remotely controversial. He isn't just 'breaking rules' having a mate round for coffee with no symptoms. He's literally got it and spraying it around everywhere. Absolute wanker.

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

This is the British phobia about social confrontation. We would rather let somebody spread a potentially lethal disease than be impolite and confront them about it. Other nations don't have this issue. If you break the social rules in Holland or Germany, people confront you and hence there is a lot more conformity. I wonder if it has been a factor in the spread here, nobody is standing up to the selfish people who disregard the rules. Has anybody on here actually confronted anybody for not wearing a mask yet ? 

I told a fella to fuck off in the shop by ours when he took off on an older fella who asked him not to stand next to him without a mask on. It was more sticking up for the old fella but he got the message. I make a point of snarling people without them. People are selfish cunts. 

Who'd have thought that keeping flight corridors open would result in a new variant arriving? They seem to be flapping about this version from South Africa - cases being reported now with no connection to travel. Incompetent fucking bell ends.

Edit: Hugh Pym on the bbc now, doing the government's job saying that there are only 100 cases and only 11 unconnected to South Africa. What he didn't say was that a few days ago there were 44 known cases.

22 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

This is the British phobia about social confrontation. We would rather let somebody spread a potentially lethal disease than be impolite and confront them about it. Other nations don't have this issue. If you break the social rules in Holland or Germany, people confront you and hence there is a lot more conformity. I wonder if it has been a factor in the spread here, nobody is standing up to the selfish people who disregard the rules. Has anybody on here actually confronted anybody for not wearing a mask yet ? 

My missus has and then had a go at the security guard who just walked right past them.

She takes no prisoners.

5 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

In aggregate the police have now issued over 17,000 lockdown fines. These are just the people who have been caught. Add this into that our reluctance to challenge each other for not adhering to social norms on wearing masks and you’ve got a great host population to spread a contact based virus. It’s obviously only a small part of the answer as to why our death rate is so high but it must be a factor compared to highly socially conforming countries like Japan or Germany. 

By and large people were happy to stick to the rules until that cunt decided to go to a fucking castle with his wife and kid.

• Upvote 1

People in the ME15 postcode are apparently under house arrest, with door to door surge testing due to start for the South African variant. Weird strategy but there must be a reason.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable grassing, I'd just say something myself to them but how is it not potentially murder? 

Because murder is intent, and pre-meditated isn't it?

I wouldn't class going to the shop with Covid, murder. It's cuntish of course, but classed as murder? Not for me personally. 

1 minute ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Because murder is intent, and pre-meditated isn't it?

I wouldn't class going to the shop with Covid, murder. It's cuntish of course, but classed as murder? Not for me personally. 

Manslaughter.

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

People in the ME15 postcode are apparently under house arrest, with door to door surge testing due to start for the South African variant. Weird strategy but there must be a reason.

I know they're doing door to door testing in loads of places, including Hanwell, not too far from me. Where did you get the house arrest bit from though?

3 minutes ago, Poster said:

Selfish cunts would have found a reason to be selfish cunts. I wouldn't be offering them an excuse. 

True. I just wanted to rebuff the insinuation that the reason Covid is so bad in this country is the public, and not the woeful response of the fuckwits in charge.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rushies tash said:

I know they're doing door to door testing in loads of places, including Hanwell, not too far from me. Where did you get the house arrest bit from though?

Someone I know lives in the area and we are on a WhatsApp group. They have said house arrest but whether that's too strong a phrase is open to interpretation. They've been instructed to not travel at all and do all they can to stay in their house. Pretty much an enforced lockdown. I would imagine if testers knock on doors and no-one is home that will not go down well for them.

2 minutes ago, Poster said:

Selfish cunts would have found a reason to be selfish cunts. I wouldn't be offering them an excuse. 

It's true though, everyone was all for it. Roads were empty and the shops were as well. You had to queue but they weren't as busy as they are now. Nowhere was.

That press conference was the turning point. And how that was handled has created this aftermath until he left just before Christmas, along with all the other mind boggling decisions made in government was a disgrace. 

Once he was given a platform to spout a load of shit and stick two fingers up and treating the majority of these Islands as absolute thick cunts, then nobody else gave a fuck. 

It was their plan all along. Let the people turn on each other and relinquish any responsibility of this whole diabolical shiftiest. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

It's true though, everyone was all for it. Roads were empty and the shops were as well. You had to queue but they weren't as busy as they are now. Nowhere was.

That press conference was the turning point. And how that was handled has created this aftermath until he left just before Christmas, along with all the other mind boggling decisions made in government was a disgrace. 

Once he was given a platform to spout a load of shit and stick two fingers up and treating the majority of these Islands as absolute thick cunts, then nobody else gave a fuck. 

It was their plan all along. Let the people turn on each other and relinquish any responsibility of this whole diabolical shiftiest. 

It's quite telling that Boris Johnson and his clan get a lot of media airtime, as did Trump in the US. Since Biden has been sworn in I've hardly seen his face on TV at all. Either he's not worthy of the airtime or he's doing what needs to be done in the background and ensuring a transition from clusterfuck to well under control.

Boris is a fucking attention seeker and he's using his term as PM to absolutely get his share of the spotlight.

9 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

The worst thing about that whole saga was the fact Cummings was a fucking bellend who ended up getting fucked off anyway. 

If he truly was indispensable to the running of government in this country then you could almost understand them backing him. The fact he’s just another self-styled guru who thinks he’s a genius like that Hilton cunt under Cameron and Nick Timothy under May made it worse.  

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I worry there’s more to this variant than we are being told. Self testing kits being delivered by courier in Surrey. That sounds serious to me. 

Hopefully it's just that they are looking to halt it. The last I read the vaccine is only 60% effective against it and it could undermine the whole vaccine roll out. 

They have the means to better deal with testing now, and no excuse not to lock this variant down. 

We may see variants pop up around the globe and somehow find themselves here, we need to be able to deal with any quickly if we are to get back to some level of normality once vaccinated. 

9 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I think it’s lockdown fatigue coupled with our general disdain for obeying rules and that part of our cultural DNA which celebrates maverick individuals who party hard. Look at George best, Ollie Reed, Dudley Moore, Any wine house, Gaza. These talented people were drinking themselves to death in front of our eyes but we celebrated their partying lifestyle despite the fact it was killing them. When something like this virus comes along, this attitude has fucked us. There’s a phd to be written on why our admiration for George Best contributed to coronavirus deaths. 

I don't want to bang on about New Zealand (and Australia to a lesser extent), but they're hardly known for subservience and their response has been spot on. The main difference between them and us is that we're stuck with a horror show of a government, propped up by a complicit media.