You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Or, maybe he’s trying to make Alex look like a cunt by not vaccinating our ‘hero's’

The optics on this, not from our little bubble, are in favour of vaccinating and getting the kids back ASAP. They don’t care for the arguments, evidence or finer details. 

He’s playing to the gallery, hence today’s Hail article.

Its win/win for him for everybody but us ‘core’ voters. He gets to make a headline that’s the drones support and he gets to make Alex look indecisive and useless again.

I don’t agree with it, but then I’m not the target audience.

28 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

We won't agree on this. I don't believe the role of the opposition is to accept the government are shit and then make a new plan for them because of their deficiencies. Their job is to hold them to account. So if you have a "world best track and trace", prove it. Don't assume it's shit and give them an alternative.  You seem to be confusing opposition with government from where I'm sitting.

He didn’t have to assume it was shit, it was beset with difficulties from the moment it was launched. And he certainly knew the safety measures in schools weren’t up to scratch, they didn’t even bring in the limited mask wearing in secondary schools until after they’d opened.

He doesn’t get a free pass because he’s the opposition or because the government is a shambles. He’s in a position of influence as leader of the opposition and he used that influence to focus on getting everyone back in before appropriate safety measures were in place rather than making them safe. 

Can’t be arsed going back over it anyway, that’s old news now and I’m more concerned with his latest suggestions. 

Re what Bruce said; you’re either following the science or you’re not, and after all the shit he’s given Johnson over ignoring SAGE etc... it’s a bit rich for him to want to override the JCVI without any evidence to back him up. 

I’m also not convinced the optics are in his favour. He’s getting a lot of backlash over this across the spectrum. One of the only things I’ve seen Tom Harwood and Owen Jones agree upon. 

I think if you worded the poll as specifically asking should teachers be ahead of elderly and clinically vulnerable people in the queue you’d get a different answer than just asking what groups should be moved up the list for getting a vaccine.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

He didn’t have to assume it was shit, it was beset with difficulties from the moment it was launched. And he certainly knew the safety measures in schools weren’t up to scratch, they didn’t even bring in the limited mask wearing in secondary schools until after they’d opened.

He doesn’t get a free pass because he’s the opposition or because the government is a shambles. He’s in a position of influence as leader of the opposition and he used that influence to focus on getting everyone back in before appropriate safety measures were in place rather than making them safe. 

Can’t be arsed going back over it anyway, that’s old news now and I’m more concerned with his latest suggestions. 

Re what Bruce said; you’re either following the science or you’re not, and after all the shit he’s given Johnson over ignoring SAGE etc... it’s a bit rich for him to want to override the JCVI without any evidence to back him up. 

I’m also not convinced the optics are in his favour. He’s getting a lot of backlash over this across the spectrum. One of the only things I’ve seen Tom Harwood and Owen Jones agree upon. 

I think if you worded the poll as specifically asking should teachers be ahead of elderly and clinically vulnerable people in the queue you’d get a different answer than just asking what groups should be moved up the list for getting a vaccine.

Yeah, I agree completely and don’t understand this dogged insistence to get the schools back.

Just sort the vaccines out properly, no cutting corners. Follow the advice and do deviate, don’t go with the wind and just do it right. What’s the old adage ‘buy once well’. 

I’m disappointed with this nonsense today, but there has to be a reason for it that either were not seeing, or he’s wrong. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, I agree completely and don’t understand this dogged insistence to get the schools back.

Just sort the vaccines out properly, no cutting corners. Follow the advice and do deviate, don’t go with the wind and just do it right. What’s the old adage ‘buy once well’. 

I’m disappointed with this nonsense today, but there has to be a reason for it that either were not seeing, or he’s wrong. 

I don't understand the urgency. Exams have already been cancelled this year so just start again when they can and if necessary repeat a year for everyone. If they love school so much they can leave when they're 17 instead of 16.

12 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It's the economy, stoopid.

We have to save the economy. 

No. 

We have to save the NHS. 

No. 

We have to save lives. 

No. 

Rinse and repeat. 

The wife of the neighbour who tested positive on a lateral flow has gone to work today, saw her while I was de-icing my car. He's waiting on a PCR test result from Saturday.

Needless to say, next time they come round to see if our kids are going out to play they'll be told to fuck off.

This is the problem in this country - rules are great, but they're for other people not ME.

27 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

The wife of the neighbour who tested positive on a lateral flow has gone to work today, saw her while I was de-icing my car. He's waiting on a PCR test result from Saturday.

Needless to say, next time they come round to see if our kids are going out to play they'll be told to fuck off.

This is the problem in this country - rules are great, but they're for other people not ME.

As Anubis said, report her. It's too important not to.

I've had a few side effects from the Pfizer jab. Muscle aches, intermittent fever for 2 days and woke up today with a swollen lymph node under my armpit which is very sore. 

Still better than getting covid again though. The nurse did say, that people who have had covid generally have more side effects than those that haven't, which makes sense as your immune system recognises the virus.

8 minutes ago, Elite said:

I've had a few side effects from the Pfizer jab. Muscle aches, intermittent fever for 2 days and woke up today with a swollen lymph node under my armpit which is very sore. 

Still better than getting covid again though. The nurse did say, that people who have had covid generally have more side effects than those that haven't, which makes sense as your immune system recognises the virus.

Yeah my sister in law and her mate in work (both carers) had side effects too. I suppose at least you know it's working?

My uncle is getting his today, they're coming out to him because he's disabled. Mother in law is getting hers later this week too. Does feel like things are moving in the right direction now unless nature throws us another curve ball, like a new Bognor Regis train that smells and can evade all known countermeasures. Not too farfetched given this past year's hijinks. 

20 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah my sister in law and her mate in work (both carers) had side effects too. I suppose at least you know it's working?

My uncle is getting his today, they're coming out to him because he's disabled. Mother in law is getting hers later this week too. Does feel like things are moving in the right direction now unless nature throws us another curve ball, like a new Bognor Regis train that smells and can evade all known countermeasures. Not too farfetched given this past year's hijinks. 

It does feel like we are nearing the end of this now, things won't be back to 'normal' for a while but we should be able to get some semblance of our lives back by summer.

39 minutes ago, Elite said:

I’m 9 days in and feel rough as arseholes mate. May be an interaction with various life stresses too - thought I was going to lose one of my dogs last week and not been sleeping because of it - but I’m absolutely dead on my feet since the jab, having previously felt the best I have in a very long time.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

I’m 9 days in and feel rough as arseholes mate. May be an interaction with various life stresses too - thought I was going to lose one of my dogs last week and not been sleeping because of it - but I’m absolutely dead on my feet since the jab, having previously felt the best I have in a very long time.

I have mine on Wednesday morning, I'm really looking forward to it after reading that!

Hope you start feeling better soon mate.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Yeah it's a strange one but as Section said, it shows that it's working, being stressed out will be a big contributing factor as well, it's amazing how much the mind influences physical symptoms.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Have you had Covid? 

45 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Interesting that they're coming out to your uncle, I wasn't given that option. 

It would have been really helpful for me because the lockdown and having to shield has caused a real drop off in my mobility which was poor in the first place.

Still, at least I'm getting it and I'm grateful for that.

But I do feel uncomfortable that my missus isn't getting hers.

15 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I don't understand the urgency. Exams have already been cancelled this year so just start again when they can and if necessary repeat a year for everyone. If they love school so much they can leave when they're 17 instead of 16.

Try homeschooling and work. Oh and a very fed up child.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Kids already have to stay in school until they are 18. Even if they don't love it. 

On 31/01/2021 at 08:44, johnsusername said:

Neighbour knocked at ours yesterday - told me the husband had tested positive. Our kids sometimes play together so she was just giving a heads up.

Never mind someone in her household was positive, she'd just been round the corner shop. Then not long after she went out in her car for a few hours. Then later on, he pulled up in his car to talk to me - he'd just been out to Costa. Someone he knew came along and he got out the car and started talking to them.

No wonder the situation in this country is so grim.

To make it even worse, she works in a chemist! 

The other week they went to his mum's for a big family dinner with other family - the other family turns out all has Covid. The neighbours just ignored it and carried on their business waiting for the test results - him and her went to work, the kid went to nursery.

Jesus the selfish cunts. I don't know how you've bit your tongue mate. 

20 hours ago, littletedwest said:

He's in my dead pool, he better hang on a bit 

What. A. Shout

7 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Kids already have to stay in school until they are 18. Even if they don't love it. 

Do they? 

On 31/01/2021 at 08:44, johnsusername said:

Neighbour knocked at ours yesterday - told me the husband had tested positive. Our kids sometimes play together so she was just giving a heads up.

Never mind someone in her household was positive, she'd just been round the corner shop. Then not long after she went out in her car for a few hours. Then later on, he pulled up in his car to talk to me - he'd just been out to Costa. Someone he knew came along and he got out the car and started talking to them.

No wonder the situation in this country is so grim.

To make it even worse, she works in a chemist! 

The other week they went to his mum's for a big family dinner with other family - the other family turns out all has Covid. The neighbours just ignored it and carried on their business waiting for the test results - him and her went to work, the kid went to nursery.

Shop them, the fucking cunts