You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

16 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

I'm 10 years younger than your old boss and suffer from ulcerative colitis, which is in the same family of disease as Crohn's. It is indeed an autoimmune disease, our bodies don't know the difference between good and bad bacteria and fight the good. On it's own it's enough to qualify as clinically extremely vulnerable but given it is often controlled with immunosuppressive medication, we are high risk of both catching it and suffering serious illness if we did catch it.

I had my jab last week. 

Same with my sister- she's on Methotrexate and daily steroids for rheumatoid arthritis. I also have it, but it's mild enough not to require steroids- I did have a flare, literally the weekend before the first lockdown and was put on the shielding list while I had the steroid course and for a month afterwards.

On the bright side, there was some evidence published that some RA/ immuno-suppressive drugs do have a beneficial effect with CV-19, apparently they dampen down the immune reaction which can lead to a cytokine storm, so it's swings and roundabouts.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

Neighbour knocked at ours yesterday - told me the husband had tested positive. Our kids sometimes play together so she was just giving a heads up.

Never mind someone in her household was positive, she'd just been round the corner shop. Then not long after she went out in her car for a few hours. Then later on, he pulled up in his car to talk to me - he'd just been out to Costa. Someone he knew came along and he got out the car and started talking to them.

No wonder the situation in this country is so grim.

To make it even worse, she works in a chemist! 

The other week they went to his mum's for a big family dinner with other family - the other family turns out all has Covid. The neighbours just ignored it and carried on their business waiting for the test results - him and her went to work, the kid went to nursery.

It's just mental. I wonder if they're the sort who start posting shit on Facebook as well.

4 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

This country is and always has been full of Tory bastards....it is all linked to the little englander mentallity, which drove Brexit and which this govt play on loads....they've used vaccine rollout in that way.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

This country is and always has been full of Tory bastards....it is all linked to the little englander mentallity, which drove Brexit and which this govt play on loads....they've used vaccine rollout in that way.

Yeah, but for once, they've done something for the benefit of everyone, not just pretended to.

My brother has just tested positive for it. Went for a symptomatic test as he had a cough and a temperature. His kids had been in school as the school themselves suggested it'd be a good idea to keep them in some sort of routine after their mum recently passing away. His lad has been off for the past few days as he was quarantined as somebody in his class tested positive. I imagine that my brother has likely caught it through all that. 

Mad. He seems in good spirits though, so let's hope it doesn't effect him too much. 

• Upvote 3

Pushing it in the Mail now, though he hasn’t tweeted the article himself like he usually does. Probably because he knows he’ll get a load of shit for it. 

And also trying to now say he doesn’t want to de-prioritise existing groups but do teachers alongside them. He knows full well there isn’t enough vaccine to do both. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Pushing it in the Mail now, though he hasn’t tweeted the article himself like he usually does. Probably because he knows he’ll get a load of shit for it. 

And also trying to now say he doesn’t want to de-prioritise existing groups but do teachers alongside them. He knows full well there isn’t enough vaccine to do both. 

If it looks like a Tory and sounds like a Tory...

13 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

What a pile of bollocks from Kate Green. If you have made an evaluation that giving the vaccine to teachers is the better way then explain why and back yourselves and stop being so cowardly.

3 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Get back to work plebs

905362.jpg?display=1&htype=100000&type=r

To be fair, I've been after a plasterer for months, so I'm all in. 

In all seriousness though if anyone doesn't think for a minute the school thing is about education and not child minding, they're kidding themselves. It's all about child minding, although it seems to some extent that's happening anyway. 

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

My brother has just tested positive for it. Went for a symptomatic test as he had a cough and a temperature. His kids had been in school as the school themselves suggested it'd be a good idea to keep them in some sort of routine after their mum recently passing away. His lad has been off for the past few days as he was quarantined as somebody in his class tested positive. I imagine that my brother has likely caught it through all that. 

Mad. He seems in good spirits though, so let's hope it doesn't effect him too much. 

Fingers crossed for him mate.

14 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Bonkers. Vaccinating teachers doesn't remove the threat that schools pose, the threat is from children mixing. There's some focus group shittery behind this no doubt.

Labour have had a nightmare over schools during this. First we had ‘no ifs, no buts’ to get them back in September, then he’s calling for them to be closed just a month ago and he was also saying nurseries should be closed within the last fortnight! And now he wants to open them again before we’ve vaccinated all the vulnerable groups. 

• Upvote 1