You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Here's a weird one. My old boss (who's a great bloke) has had his jab. He's 45 with croehns disease. Apparently that classes him as extremely vulnerable. He's also had covid 3 months ago.

My mrs is 52 with copd and my mums 69 with two mechanical heart valves and a pacemaker. Neither have heard anything.

Could it be because Crohn's is an autoimmune disorder? I don't know like I'm just guessing!

Totally off topic but his first episode with it was the day before his holiday ended about ten year ago in Turkey. He felt shite but managed get airport then collapsed at the airport and ended up in hospital. I was his assistant manager and couldn't wait for him get back. He rang me from hospital "I'm in the hospital you'll have to hold the fort" my response was "you're one selfish cunt"

13 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Clinically extremely vulnerable are the fourth group to be vaccinated. 

Clinically vulnerable are the sixth group to be vaccinated. First picture is the list of the fourth group, second picture is the list of the sixth group. 

33694DBA-ED29-43CC-B4D2-D4587CA761FC.png

5735BC14-7FC2-4AF3-8BA1-E070D4437FC8.png

If someone should be offered the vaccine but isn't being offered it, it doesn't look like there's any way of highlighting it to put it right. Kind of makes the priority list a bit pointless. 

33 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

True but it's mad that since we hit 100000 deaths are hardly mentioned on the news. That supposed quote from Stalin rings true

They literally held a post-mortem on all the news channels, some even went as far as having somber music playing over it while annihilating Alex and the spivs for their failings.

Every news outlet did this.

Do people just not watch, or are they so entrenched that they refuse to see.

Maybe the day after the narrative changed, but on the day even Laura K, his masters voice, stuck a boot in on prime time TV. 

34 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

True but it's mad that since we hit 100000 deaths are hardly mentioned on the news. That supposed quote from Stalin rings true

Exactly. They cut that shit from the news after a day or two and focused on 'Brave Boris getting the Vaccine !!!!!'

It does feel like we are on a downward slope of this now. Peaked a few weeks ago, vaccine, lockdown and hopefully more people wisened up to the reality is helping. Still, we can't help the stupid pricks who still think its a load of crap but by and large it feels a bit better. 

1200 deaths posted today though. Fucking hell, in years to come this is our WW1/WW2 to look back on. 

Fuck you covid 

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

They literally held a post-mortem on all the news channels, some even went as far as having somber music playing over it while annihilating Alex and the spivs for their failings.

Every news outlet did this.

Do people just not watch, or are they so entrenched that they refuse to see.

Maybe the day after the narrative changed, but on the day even Laura K, his masters voice, stuck a boot in on prime time TV. 

They didn't go in hard enough. Maybe nows not the time. They fucking better had when it's as over as it can be though. 

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

If someone should be offered the vaccine but isn't being offered it, it doesn't look like there's any way of highlighting it to put it right. Kind of makes the priority list a bit pointless. 

If you think you aren’t on the list and you should be then just phone your GP. I had to do that for someone last week and they’re now on the list in the sixth group. 

I don't think it's that people don't care about deaths, it's just people have to learn to adapt and become numb to it, if you didn't you'd go nuts. There'll be a time when people reflect and hopefully get angry about it, but it's the eye of the storm and people are just trying to get through it. My granddad told me he'd often wake up in the morning during the blitz and a house and family in the street would be gone, kids would still go out and play though and their parents would go to work, didn't make them heartless cunts, just survivors trying to hold it together.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

They didn't go in hard enough. Maybe nows not the time. They fucking better had when it's as over as it can be though. 

Oh, yeah, I agree wholeheartedly, but I think that’s about a collective ‘don’t fucking scare them too much’ strategy that’s been agreed.

If you get the chance watch some American or European TV news and watch the kicking we’re getting. I think this, and other political parties, response has been based around not freaking  us out, rightly or wrongly.

49 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I don't think it's that people don't care about deaths, it's just people have to learn to adapt and become numb to it, if you didn't you'd go nuts. There'll be a time when people reflect and hopefully get angry about it, but it's the eye of the storm and people are just trying to get through it. My granddad told me he'd often wake up in the morning during the blitz and a house and family in the street would be gone, kids would still go out and play though and their parents would go to work, didn't make them heartless cunts, just survivors trying to hold it together.

Yeah i agree with this. What do we expect people to do? It's affecting everyone. Hardly callous everyone isnt pouring their hearts out on the internet.

1 hour ago, A Red said:

Its a bit of a moral dilemma, should the UK give vaccines to the EU at the expense of vaccinating the 60's downwards in the UK?

I think we should but send it to Africa instead.

I'm assuming before we get to the under 60s, we'll be needing to go back and give all the other groups their 2nd vaccine. By the time we've done that, we'll probably have more vaccines than people who need it. But we'll probably be heading towards the autumn and need to get the population vaccinated before the schools return and winter kicks in. I think it'll be 2022 befor me we begin to think about helping anyone with vaccines.

We're current vaccinating about 2.5m per week aren't we? And unless we start giving people the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, that means we've 120m vaccines to do and that is if we don't need to tweak the vaccines for any mutations. 

11 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Here's a weird one. My old boss (who's a great bloke) has had his jab. He's 45 with croehns disease. Apparently that classes him as extremely vulnerable. He's also had covid 3 months ago.

My mrs is 52 with copd and my mums 69 with two mechanical heart valves and a pacemaker. Neither have heard anything.

I'm 10 years younger than your old boss and suffer from ulcerative colitis, which is in the same family of disease as Crohn's. It is indeed an autoimmune disease, our bodies don't know the difference between good and bad bacteria and fight the good. On it's own it's enough to qualify as clinically extremely vulnerable but given it is often controlled with immunosuppressive medication, we are high risk of both catching it and suffering serious illness if we did catch it.

I had my jab last week. 

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

One of the parents of a kid in the wife's class has put her kid in school next week (she is a carer to be fair) - but someone noticed her post on Facebook on Friday saying "last day of work, off next week, looking forward to chilling." 

Selfish cunt. Its really fucking difficult for teachers at the moment, a significant number of people need to take some responsibility for being a parent and stop treating schools as though they're a substitute for their lack of care. 

• Upvote 3

Neighbour knocked at ours yesterday - told me the husband had tested positive. Our kids sometimes play together so she was just giving a heads up.

Never mind someone in her household was positive, she'd just been round the corner shop. Then not long after she went out in her car for a few hours. Then later on, he pulled up in his car to talk to me - he'd just been out to Costa. Someone he knew came along and he got out the car and started talking to them.

No wonder the situation in this country is so grim.

To make it even worse, she works in a chemist! 

The other week they went to his mum's for a big family dinner with other family - the other family turns out all has Covid. The neighbours just ignored it and carried on their business waiting for the test results - him and her went to work, the kid went to nursery.