You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

My GP sent me to A and E last night for these chest pains I've been having - they appeared during my bout of Covid and I've never had them before - I've always been generally fit and well and never been in hospital for anything other than physio. She even booked a fucking ambulance! I told her to leave it and I got a taxi instead as she wouldn't let me drive (PANIC STATIONS).

They're seeing similar things in quite a lot of Covid patients. Various tests done, heart was absolutely smashing through my chest my blood pressure was rocketing. But the good news is all the test results were ok - ECG, chest X ray, bloods. Got to go back soon for an Echocardiogram, but that's only precaution. I guess the bad news is they don't actually know what it is - a non-specific condition.

The long and short is people who've had Covid are getting stuck with all sorts of after effects. When you consider the number of people who have had it, the NHS is going to be busy for a long time. 

Some virus though - it's like chemical warfare.

Glad it's not too bad mate. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

My GP sent me to A and E last night for these chest pains I've been having - they appeared during my bout of Covid and I've never had them before - I've always been generally fit and well and never been in hospital for anything other than physio. She even booked a fucking ambulance! I told her to leave it and I got a taxi instead as she wouldn't let me drive (PANIC STATIONS).

They're seeing similar things in quite a lot of Covid patients. Various tests done, heart was absolutely smashing through my chest my blood pressure was rocketing. But the good news is all the test results were ok - ECG, chest X ray, bloods. Got to go back soon for an Echocardiogram, but that's only precaution. I guess the bad news is they don't actually know what it is - a non-specific condition.

The long and short is people who've had Covid are getting stuck with all sorts of after effects. When you consider the number of people who have had it, the NHS is going to be busy for a long time. 

Some virus though - it's like chemical warfare.

Could it possibly be anxiety mate? It can cause all of those symptoms, bad panic attacks can feel like a full blown heart attack.

Covid by its nature (will i get better or worse) must cause tremendous mental distress to people who are going through it, the news doesn't help either.

• Upvote 1

My wife and stepdaughter are 10 days into their second bout of it.  My wife's pretty unwell still but can get up and make me a cup of tea once a day, stepdaughter isn't nearly as bad as the first infection, but in theory they can both go out today, according to the CoVID app. I've had it once but haven't caught it this time, as I'm still carrying antibodies I think.  It's all a bit shite.    

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, stringvest said:

My wife and stepdaughter are 10 days into their second bout of it.  My wife's pretty unwell still but can get up and make me a cup of tea once a day, stepdaughter isn't nearly as bad as the first infection, but in theory they can both go out today, according to the CoVID app. I've had it once but haven't caught it this time, as I'm still carrying antibodies I think.  It's all a bit shite.    

Shit sorry to hear this mate. Have they both re-caught it then????? 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Shit sorry to hear this mate. Have they both re-caught it then????? 

yep - both tested positive a few weeks ago.  I like a hero tested negative, but I had it more recently.  They're ok though.  Downside is they - who don't need it - have lost weight as they don't feel like eating.  I - who fucking could do with it - has resorted to JustEat and am now the size of a house.  She's just told me to send you and S her love x

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, stringvest said:

yep - both tested positive a few weeks ago.  I like a hero tested negative, but I had it more recently.  They're ok though.  Downside is they - who don't need it - have lost weight as they don't feel like eating.  I - who fucking could do with it - has resorted to JustEat and am now the size of a house.  She's just told me to send you and S her love x

Hope they get well soon mate, give them our best. x

• Upvote 1

It's probably just me but every time issues are cropping up with Brexit the lockdown appears to get extended. We started at February and now it's September. Others might have seen the data backing up this 30% increase, so please share if you have because Tweedle Dum and Dee are just going on "take our word for it". At this rate we'll be in lockdown for another couple of years. 

3 minutes ago, skend04 said:

It's probably just me but every time issues are cropping up with Brexit the lockdown appears to get extended. We started at February and now it's September. Others might have seen the data backing up this 30% increase, so please share if you have because Tweedle Dum and Dee are just going on "take our word for it". At this rate we'll be in lockdown for another couple of years. 

This is the problem when you're a habitual liar like trump and Johnson.

18 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

To be fair, you went on holiday, which you were entitled to do, but then came on here, moaning about your wife moaning about having to stay in for a couple of weeks, when plenty of people haven’t felt safe or comfortable leaving the house for months and months on end.

Got you by the bollocks here to be honest SpyBee. 

Schools didn't go back until September. And within 3 weeks everything had gone to shit again. Parts of the north west have never been out of lockdown of some form or another, so it wasn't a bed a roses everywhere in the summer. 

Ventilation is also key, so even when we indoors in the summer, chances are places were well ventilated. The 1st spike of the autumn came with the schools. The 2nd spike came with the weather being so shit we stopped ventilating spaces the same, the 3rd was in the south east with the reckless release after lockdown 2 - where parts had really high rates of infection, but the government decided to keep London in tier 2 for the economy. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Could it possibly be anxiety mate? It can cause all of those symptoms, bad panic attacks can feel like a full blown heart attack.

Covid by its nature (will i get better or worse) must cause tremendous mental distress to people who are going through it, the news doesn't help either.

Could be mate. Or could be a combination of that and something else. Or one is causing the other. Feeling pretty fucked off with the whole thing now though! 

Just now, johnsusername said:

Could be mate. Or could be a combination of that and something else. Or one is causing the other. Feeling pretty fucked off with the whole thing now though! 

See how you go on with the tests but if they find nothing physical I'd deffo talk to the GP again, they'll probably just give you some beta blockers for a bit, they stop those kind of physical symptoms. They're also classed as performance enhancing drugs for snooker and darts.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Patel when asked why the UK had such a high death rate...

EsV88dvXcAAhLis.jpeg

tumblr_ma52qzVsRo1rvwttvo1_500-1.gif

This is the woman who went on holiday and met up with the Israeli Prime Minister while Theresa May was in charge, subsequently being booted out of the cabinet. She's a back-stabber and unfortunately the same can be said about all the others in the clan. With a group of back-stabbers, paranoia must be sky-high and it must have got to the point where they all just stab whoever they can because they must have a pact to not stab each other.

That quote has knives flying out in all directions except themselves.

Don’t think I mentioned that my aunt spent a month in The Royal with Covid (thankfully not bad) because it exacerbated her Alzheimer’s and made her mobility drop off a cliff. She’s been released into a care home for assessment to see if she can be cared for at home or needs to stay in car.

She’s been on isolation for the first ten days so today was the first day we could go in and see her in over a month.

It was really upsetting and took place from behind a glass screen. She kept saying she wanted to touch us but the best we could do was palms up against the screen from each side. She seems a lot better than before she was taken into hospital though.

Addendum: Care nurse was fit as fuck. Think she was Polish. Absolutely gorgeous. Wonder if she wants a husband to get citizenship....

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Don’t think I mentioned that my aunt spent a month in The Royal with Covid (thankfully not bad) because it exacerbated her Alzheimer’s and made her mobility drop off a cliff. She’s been released into a care home for assessment to see if she can be cared for at home or needs to stay in car.

She’s been on isolation for the first ten days so today was the first day we could go in and see her in over a month.

It was really upsetting and took place from behind a glass screen. She kept saying she wanted to touch us but the best we could do was palms up against the screen from each side. She seems a lot better than before she was taken into hospital though.

Addendum: Care nurse was fit as fuck. Think she was Polish. Absolutely gorgeous. Wonder if she wants a husband to get citizenship....

Hope it all works out for her mate and she gets the right care. I think its best she gets a home though instead of staying in the car. x 

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

See how you go on with the tests but if they find nothing physical I'd deffo talk to the GP again, they'll probably just give you some beta blockers for a bit, they stop those kind of physical symptoms. They're also classed as performance enhancing drugs for snooker and darts.

Finally some good news.