You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

22 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

It's Frightening. I keep expecting it to go down but it seems like we are still on an upward trajectory? 

I saw that the daily amount of vaccinations has dropped down significantly as well, which is strange because I was listening to PMQ's today and the PM said that we are on track to meet the target they set for vaccinations in mid February!  

I think they're vaccinating care home residents now, which takes longer as they have to go to them. Scotland and Wales started off doing that, I presume England didn't because the Tories wanted a big number headline early on- world-beating vaccination rate etc.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

It's Frightening. I keep expecting it to go down but it seems like we are still on an upward trajectory? 

I saw that the daily amount of vaccinations has dropped down significantly as well, which is strange because I was listening to PMQ's today and the PM said that we are on track to meet the target they set for vaccinations in mid February!  

It isn't going to go down until the UK is about three or four weeks beyond the day with the most infections. This was about 10 days ago. 

Cases in Spain are still going up now, although I imagine they'll go down fairly shortly as we're due another strict lockdown. However, it means those death numbers (not quite as high because infections aren't as high) are due here in three or four weeks time. 

The next couple of months will be horrible. 

1 hour ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Now Priti Patel says we should have closed borders in March 2020. Arse covered. 

There are no levels they won't stoop to. 

She's a lying cunt.

Funny how she's mentioning it now. No record of it or quoted anywhere else before. Maybe it's been deleted like all the other 400k criminal fucking records they they still can't find and are still looking for.

Forward to 16:55.

Vallance also said the same this morning on a Q&A on SkyNews with Niall Patterson that I watched this morning. The irony here is that he said that scientists advise and politicians decide.

Coincidence?

I would love to kick that smug grin off her cunt face.

6 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

That people aren't outraged by the death total or aren't turning are the government is a damning indictment on people's idiocy and ignorance.

I think there'll be a delayed reaction, I think when you're in the eye you just hold on for dear life.

9 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

That people aren't outraged by the death total or aren't turning are the government is a damning indictment on people's idiocy and ignorance.

That would mean protests, would it not? It could be argued that people have turned against the Goverment by breaking the rules that they have set up.

The time for that is when we are out of the danger zone, not in the eye of the storm.

Just now, Fluter in Dakota said:

That would mean protests, would it not? It could be argued that people have turned against the Goverment by breaking the rules that they have set up.

The time for that is when we are out of the danger zone, not in the eye of the storm.

A lone gunman would be fine.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Yeah she needs to be strung up, with all the rest of them.

Imagine if the government was full of normal, intelligent people just doing their best for the country. I know, it sounds mental. 

Imagine if it were simply intellectually honest, knowledgeable, centre right conservatives. It would be an enormous improvement on the current crop of idiotic, sociopathic cunts. 

27 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Yeah she needs to be strung up, with all the rest of them.

Imagine if the government was full of normal, intelligent people just doing their best for the country. I know, it sounds mental. 

I've often wondered what it'd be like to live under a government that do moral things. Like, if they had to choose between money and, say, not arming the Saudis, you know what they'd do. Or if they found a shit load more of oil, would they sell it as shares or invest it in a fund for everyday people. Even asking yourself that question produces a little sad internal chuckle. A government where, when given the choice between morals and money, money always wins, always.

Happy to say that my ma (age 77 and has diabetes and mild cognitive impairment) had her first dose of the Pfizer vaccine tonight, second one will be done in 12 weeks apparently.

My dad (will be 88 in Feb) had his invite for his first dose last week but he's effectively housebound so can't go out to get it (myself and my sister have offered to drive him but he's too nervous to go out)! He's therefore agreed to wait until a GP or nurse can come out to the house which could be a while.

Getting there slowly but still nervy times.

• Upvote 6

Where are the voices fighting for justice and action for the 1820 dead?

Where's Kier Cuntface? Not a single word from him. The death figures were announced 6 fucking hours ago.

Maybe he can call another another press conference and tell us what a useless shite he is.

We need some of this shit:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/15/french-police-search-officials-homes-coronavirus-inquiry

12 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Curfew here from Friday. 20:30 to 4:30 until at least February 9th.

Also, no flights at all from the UK and South Africa. 

Know a guy who's been trying to get back to the UK for his fathers funeral, who died through Covid, and the lad can't make it due to the ban, and if he did make it to the UK, he wouldn't be able to get back in to Holland, to be with his family. Devastating for the fella. 

Just now, Chip Butty said:

Know a guy who's been trying to get back to the UK for his fathers funeral, who died through Covid, and the lad can't make it due to the ban and if he did, he wouldn't be able to get back in to Holland. Devastating for the fella. 

I know someone in pretty much identical circumstances. A terrible state of affairs. 

6 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Yeah

There is no dignity or respect given with this bastard disease.

The death and the amount of death is terrible, but the lack of respect in the passing - alone, family distanced, or not allowed to be near those who have passed, little or no support in grieving, nothing more than an elbow touch or kind words from 2 meters. The tragedy behind the death is as sickening and as heartbreaking, as the deaths themselves. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Where are the voices fighting for justice and action for the 1820 dead?

Where's Kier Cuntface? Not a single word from him. The death figures were announced 6 fucking hours ago.

Maybe he can call another another press conference and tell us what a useless shite he is.

We need some of this shit:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/15/french-police-search-officials-homes-coronavirus-inquiry

Nothing like this would ever happen in this country.  Any inquiry will be delayed for years and then then dragged out for even more years. 

Johnson will be nowhere to be seen and living it up on the after dinner speakers circuit raking in thousands of thousands of pounds. Probably telling tales about how he managed to single handily get us our sovereignty back and won the war against coronavirus at the same time with his incredible vaccine role out.