You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Brownie said:

Uh oh.

This is a bit misleading. The vaccines are meant to protect from serious disease. It also probably reduces people's chances of getting Covid, but it doesn't make people totally immune. It's been known all along you could still get Covid even after being vaccinated, "new variant", or not. You just won't end up in the hospital. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Stickman said:

Last night's  ITV documentary (Outbreak) didn't make pleasant viewing especially when you see how long the Chinese Government kept secret the outbreak of Covid for so long...Gang of cunts .

And then you see how well Taiwan implemented measures to combat the spread of it (7 deaths out of a population of 24 million) to this gang of sociopaths in charge here who basically imported it into care homes 

Yeah it was a good show. Frightening for so many reasons. Genuinely if there was another virus next year I don't think this government would do anything differently. Shambles.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Yeah it was a good show. Frightening for so many reasons. Genuinely if there was another virus next year I don't think this government would do anything differently. Shambles.

And that's the worst part. If they were capable of learning a lesson, and holding their hands up, then we'd at least be better off next time. Instead they point their gold encrusted fingers at anyone but them or their mates and paint themselves as the heroes.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

This is the problem. It's not something we've really ever seen in the UK so you can understand mistakes being made. The fact we're 10 months down the line and no one seems willing to admit there were any suggests we aren't learning from the errors, should something similar happen in future it will most likely be the same fuck ups once more.

42 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

This is the problem. It's not something we've really ever seen in the UK so you can understand mistakes being made. The fact we're 10 months down the line and no one seems willing to admit there were any suggests we aren't learning from the errors, should something similar happen in future it will most likely be the same fuck ups once more.

It's interesting because there are aspects to Johnson that make him a disaster for something like a pandemic, but likewise you wonder how, for instance, someone like May with Hammond as Chancellor would have handled it. I'd imagine she'd be more organised in terms of locking down early, but Hammond would have let far more companies go to the wall IMO, I can't imagine him in a million years have agreeing to the kind of furlough sums we've seen this year. 

54 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

I've just had a positive test myself. Really strange as on Friday I got a rapid test and it was negative then yesterday had a little cough got the other test and it's now come back positive. 

10 day isolating it is. 

Good luck fella

10 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

"There won't be a second wave."

Imagine not being 'man enough' hahahaha embarrassing for sure. Narcissism and cowardice though isn't it. There for all to see. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Good luck fella

Imagine not being 'man enough' hahahaha embarrassing for sure. Narcissism and cowardice though isn't it. There for all to see. 

Has he still not admitted he was wrong? Unbelievable. Makes him look like an even bigger tit.

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Has he still not admitted he was wrong? Unbelievable. Makes him look like an even bigger tit.

Has he fuck. Well he did to me (kind of) by PM but no, he hasn't. We all know how wrong he was and I wouldn't be arsed at all about him admitting it had he not been so arrogant as to question everyone else's bottle as a Man if they were wrong yet can't do it himself. It's funny now, laughable. 

Anyway enough about that. Heavy day for deaths, it will be over the 2k mark soon I reckon. Anyone still against Lockdown/Masks etc is a cunt. 

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

1820 deaths announced for the last 24 hours. 

It's Frightening. I keep expecting it to go down but it seems like we are still on an upward trajectory? 

I saw that the daily amount of vaccinations has dropped down significantly as well, which is strange because I was listening to PMQ's today and the PM said that we are on track to meet the target they set for vaccinations in mid February!  

3 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

It's Frightening. I keep expecting it to go down but it seems like we are still on an upward trajectory? 

I saw that the daily amount of vaccinations has dropped down significantly as well, which is strange because I was listening to PMQ's today and the PM said that we are on track to meet the target they set for vaccinations in mid February!  

It's gonna go up for a few weeks yet sadly.  I think cases are going down but they take a couple of weeks to filter through to admissions then a couple of weeks after that to impact on deaths.