You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

A good site that refutes the majority of claims made by covid deniers. 

https://www.covidfaq.co/

In other totally unsurprising news, initial research out of Israel has shown that single dose vaccination is not as effective as the manufacturers stated but that effectiveness increases significantly after delivery of a second dose. 

3 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

So my sister has just rung me about my ma, turns out that getting onto the ICU is now a lottery and one where she hasn't got the ticket due to a bad heart.  Haven't told my dad this yet and dreading doing so, the next 2 days are crucial for her so I thank you all for the well wishes much appreciated. 

Christ mate. Best wishes 

13 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

So my sister has just rung me about my ma, turns out that getting onto the ICU is now a lottery and one where she hasn't got the ticket due to a bad heart.  Haven't told my dad this yet and dreading doing so, the next 2 days are crucial for her so I thank you all for the well wishes much appreciated. 

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck. 

On 18/01/2021 at 14:36, Bobby Hundreds said:

I know loads of people including myself who tested negative on tests but then went straight for another test where you get the result the next day or after and tested positive. I know a fair few people who have had covid now and the walk in get the results 20 minutes afterwards tests have almost all said negative.

Isn't that expected behaviour though? It isn't as sensitive at a PCR test. It should only be used on asymptomatic. The idea of them is supposed to be you get tested all the time and it catches something like 30-50% of cases that wouldn't otherwise be caught. Nobody should see a negative test as not having the virus, but a positive test should be a trigger to go for a PCR test and self isolate. 

11 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Nothing in that article surprises me, just showing his usual mix of arrogance and ignorance. It is what he has done his entire career and what the usual pricks love about him. 

Sounds like the perfect candidate to replace Johnson and maintain the blue wall. 

8 hours ago, johnsusername said:

I'm well up for a civil war, if that's what you're getting at. 

North v South. And yes I know there are good people down south, but there will be plenty of room for those 6 people in the north after the revolution.

Fucked if I'd want half the north on our side. They're the fuckers responsible for the shit we're in now for voting for that cunt Johnson. 

4 hours ago, an tha said:

So Hancock has been 'pinged by the app" and is now self isolating.

Makes no sense to me that - the rugby story in the park is a complete non story....no suggestion he’s broken any rules if exercising with his family.  The being pinged by the app thing is interesting though as where can you actually go just now that requires scanning in?

Supermarkets don’t and there’s sod all else open?

Or have i missed something? I supppose being a politician he may have to use it to enter the commons or maybe tv studios...

It's not just about check ins is it..it's supposed to be if you're in Bluetooth range with someone else who has the app for more than 15.mins. although I have been (was with them for hours) and never got a notification. I assumed they'd stopped notifying people. 

43 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

In my thoughts mate.

2 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Exactly, and whilst obviously I'm glad that the vaccine role out is going well, they are already trying to shape this as forget about every thing that happened before and look at how well the vaccine role out is going. 

All they're interested in is setting targets and then telling us they hit those targets. Those press conferences are a joke. It's all PR and spin, as usual. They're not interested that people are dying, to them it's all a lark, a game, and a way to make them and their mates some quick money. 

3 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

All they're interested in is setting targets and then telling us they hit those targets. Those press conferences are a joke. It's all PR and spin, as usual. They're not interested that people are dying, to them it's all a lark, a game, and a way to make them and their mates some quick money. 

I was saying this to a mate today. They've managed to create a situation where 1600 people dying barely even registers and very few people think they are part of the problem, it's like it's all out of their control and the government is just there to provide the score updates. Those press conferences are pretty much no different to Soccer Saturday. 

• Upvote 1

https://www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-40210409.html

grim reading for US also. 

It took four months to reach the first 100,000 dead. It took just over a month to go from 300,000 to 400,000

It is just short of the estimated 409,000 Americans who died in 2019 of strokes, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, flu and pneumonia combined.

A widely cited model by the University of Washington projects the death toll will reach nearly 567,000 by May 1.

3 hours ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

I hope your mum pulls through.

3 hours ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Be strong mate, be strong for your dad. I know exactly what you are going through. Thoughts are with you. 

13 hours ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Fingers crossed for you mate.

Last night's  ITV documentary (Outbreak) didn't make pleasant viewing especially when you see how long the Chinese Government kept secret the outbreak of Covid for so long...Gang of cunts .

And then you see how well Taiwan implemented measures to combat the spread of it (7 deaths out of a population of 24 million) to this gang of sociopaths in charge here who basically imported it into care homes 

2 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Last night's  ITV documentary (Outbreak) didn't make pleasant viewing especially when you see how long the Chinese Government kept secret the outbreak of Covid for so long...Gang of cunts .

And then you see how well Taiwan implemented measures to combat the spread of it (7 deaths out of a population of 24 million) to this gang of sociopaths in charge here who basically imported it into care homes 

Had the conversation again, with a Labour supporter, no one could have gone anything differently, no one has had to deal with this before etc. 

You have to give them credit, they are great at PR, which is obviously the priority.

22 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Had the conversation again, with a Labour supporter, no one could have gone anything differently, no one has had to deal with this before etc. 

You have to give them credit, they are great at PR, which is obviously the priority.

Don't think they are even that good , perfornances on the briefings has been toe-curling at times, but they have a compliant media and a large proportion of thick or disinterested drones in the populace.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Don't think they are even that good , perfornances on the briefings has been toe-curling at times, but they have a compliant media and a large proportion of thick or disinterested drones in the populace.

True, I should have made it clearer, when I said PR, I meant all of their lackys in the media as well. The narrative is spun as what they are saying is correct and anyone questioning them is politicising a national crisis, hence can't be held to account. 

We all saw Hitcock get his arse handed to him by Morgan but he will never be asked about his vote again by anybody else, so it didn't happen, nothing to see, move along. I would be surprised if any of the dailies even mentioned it.

• Upvote 1