You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

This new variant which the government claims is the cause of all the problems we are having now, seems to be quite easily surpressed, according to the latest JoinZoe figures

Even if the new variant is more contagious, as one boffin said recently - you've still got to be around people to catch it. 

I suspect the real reason for recent cases was the 'good news' of vaccines coupled with the messaging of 'have a five day Christmas'. People then started to get back to normal. Christmas shopping, drinking, all the rest of it. I suspect this was preplanned as a way to ensure the shops didn't miss out on their busiest times of the year, even though the government knew there would be a lot of deaths. 

The 'new variant' just became a suitable bogyman, which was of course peddled by a pliant and vassal media. They set out their excuses early. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Some fucking bellend went to an illegal rave on the mainland over Christmas and then flew back to the islands in a very small plane with other passengers.  

The stupidity of people never cease to amaze me. What the fuck does such a moron think before something this stupid and potentially deadly?

Colleague in work told me her sister in law got told to go into work the first day of lockdown to finish work off (hairdresser supplier - even though hairdressers are all closed). Boss told her there'd only be a few people in work it'd be okay.

Turns out her boss unwittingly had Covid and spread it to the 5 people he'd told to go into work. 

No wonder it's rampant.

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Toby Toby Toby

Cant stand that Toby Young. Thoroughly detestable cunt. I did notice him being man enough to admit he was wrong about something a couple of weeks ago though. Imagine being less of a 'man' than Toby Young haha fucking hell. 

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Cunt situation here on the islands.  Some fucking bellend went to an illegal rave on the mainland over Christmas and then flew back to the islands in a very small plane with other passengers.  

That was on 4 Jan. 

His positive test only came on 11 Jan. 

One of the people on the plane with him was told to self isolate. But she's been sending her kids to school.  Until today. 

Honestly, the silence from public health and all other authorities on active cases is the most dangerous aspect of it all.  They are more afraid of the threat of a fine from the ICO than they are of 100 people getting Covid. I know that for a fact.  

Islands? 

Toby Young embodies everything that's wrong with this country, someone who could only blag his way into university thanks to pressure applied by his dad, yet has the brass balls to attend a eugenics conference. He's like Gregg Wallace died and you tried to reanimate him with an 80s Ford car battery. Fucking stupid pointless cunt. 

• Upvote 2

This is just bullshit opportunism from Baker. The Tories are being allowed to act as government and opposition on this. So when the axe inevitably falls on Boris, another group will come swooping in and say it was just Boris and his clique that did everything wrong, and say look here are the emails to prove it. Vote for us.

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Toby Toby Toby

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but he's done a deep delete of loads of tweets from last year. He's only got tweets showing from 2021 onwards, apparently. 

Typical cowardly cunt. Spread the conspiracy theories, influence people to downplay things and act like cunts and then try to delete any trace of your irresponsible cuntery once it's become patently clear that your wild predictions and theories are complete nonsense. 

They really fucking annoy me, these dickheads. They want out of lockdowns etc, but it's their message that is playing a part in us still being in the shitshow mess that we are. 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but he's done a deep delete of loads of tweets from last year. He's only got tweets showing from 2021 onwards, apparently. 

Typical cowardly cunt. Spread the conspiracy theories, influence people to downplay things and act like cunts and then try to delete any trace of your irresponsible cuntery once it's become patently clear that your wild predictions and theories are complete nonsense. 

They really fucking annoy me, these dickheads. They want out of lockdowns etc, but it's their message that is playing a part in us still being in the shitshow mess that we are. 

Exactly. I mentioned it earlier, they spout a bollocks theory, it’s proved wrong and they just pivot to another one with no consequence. But, and this is the annoying thing, there’s no dent in their ‘credibility’.  When they spout their next set of bollocks not one news outlet says ‘sorry pal, you’ve been consistently wrong on, well, everything, so we’re moving on’. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Exactly. I mentioned it earlier, they spout a bollocks theory, it’s proved wrong and they just pivot to another one with no consequence. But, and this is the annoying thing, there’s no dent in their ‘credibility’.  When they spout their next set of bollocks not one news outlet says ‘sorry pal, you’ve been consistently wrong on, well, everything, so we’re moving on’. 

It's almost like the news programmes these commentators end up on have an agenda they're trying to push.