You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Working from home tech was almost impossible to get. My webcam broke and I went to buy one thats usually £30-40 and it was out of stock most places, or £120 the places that had it. Work ended up giving me £100 towards the home office so I got one in the end but "cheap laptops" don't really exist at the moment, especially at scale.

Torys are cunts by the way, but everyone IN THE WORLD wants cheap working from home tech. Not possible.

I don't know about bulk buying, but I've posted before that I managed to get a cheap-ish laptop for my son's birthday no problem. There seemed to be plenty in stock on whichever website I visited too.

6 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

I don't know about bulk buying, but I've posted before that I managed to get a cheap-ish laptop for my son's birthday no problem. There seemed to be plenty in stock on whichever website I visited too.

I'm sure its possible for the individual, but I don't think anyone is realistically expecting the tories to go and source/purchase/gift laptops to millions of kids when they won't even give them a whole tomato. There are more obstacles/excuses, a HUGE cost and my point (shitly made) is that THAT's why the BBC or others aren't whipping them for it.

1 hour ago, Moctezuma said:

Just to check what is people's view of where the NHS is up to in the effected areas?

Had a call yesterday with a number of senior professors that at the end descended into idle speculation as to the way the pandemic is being reported. Might not be the best group to ask as most of you are politically engaged.

My mum and cousin both needed to see consultants and got appointments within a couple of weeks. I've dealt with my GP a few Times since March and it's always been remote and they tend to just give you antibiotics for everything.

This is a reassuring piece, professor reckons the impact of vaccines will start being felt early March and will have a "dramatic" effect. Shit until then though, which we all knew sadly.

If it doesn't start there automatically start it at around 7.20.

https://www.channel4.com/news/vaccine-rollout-will-have-dramatic-effect-on-death-toll-says-cambridge-statistician

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, niallers said:

Over here in the emerald Isle last week, we had the worst numbers per million in the world. If it was in China, it would've equated to 160,000 cases a day! Who do ye think ye have running ye're place. We have the tories beat hands down on incompetence. 

HARD BORDER NOW!

12 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Fucking hell. Next lot of poor cunts that will be on ventilators. 

It's astonishing the disconnect between what this government says is happening and what is actually happening. Once again, the lockdown appears to be nothing of the sort. People are still being told to go to work, and until they got called out on it, they were expecting schools to cram as many children as they could into classes as 'key workers' with the reason being that they couldn't work from home.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

We might be getting a curfew over here from 8pm to 4am. Everyone is outraged. Where are they all going? 

There's a curfew in Quebec from 8pm-5am, with an exception being that you can walk your dog. So some couple thought it would be hilarious to go on a walk with the husband walking on all fours with a leash around his neck like a dog. So funny haha.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-couple-hit-with-curfew-violation-fine-after-wife-walks-husband-on-a-leash-1.5262178

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

There's a curfew in Quebec from 8pm-5am, with an exception being that you can walk your dog. So some couple thought it would be hilarious to go on a walk with the husband walking on all fours with a leash around his neck like a dog. So funny haha.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-couple-hit-with-curfew-violation-fine-after-wife-walks-husband-on-a-leash-1.5262178

Fined $1,500 each. Now THAT's funny.

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Crazy, given the circumstances. I wouldn't get on the tube without a hazmat suit.

I know people who have lost their jobs that live in London.

They are happy sitting at home at the moment instead of having to go to interviews and risking their health in order to find another job at the moment travelling in and out of central London.

Imagine getting on a tube and you're standing next to someone that's recently come back from South Africa or Brazil because these fuckers are not being tested?

Cunt situation here on the islands.  Some fucking bellend went to an illegal rave on the mainland over Christmas and then flew back to the islands in a very small plane with other passengers.  

That was on 4 Jan. 

His positive test only came on 11 Jan. 

One of the people on the plane with him was told to self isolate. But she's been sending her kids to school.  Until today. 

Honestly, the silence from public health and all other authorities on active cases is the most dangerous aspect of it all.  They are more afraid of the threat of a fine from the ICO than they are of 100 people getting Covid. I know that for a fact.  

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Cunt situation here on the islands.  Some fucking bellend went to an illegal rave on the mainland over Christmas and then flew back to the islands in a very small plane with other passengers.  

That was on 4 Jan. 

One of the people on the plane with him was told to self isolate. But she's been sending her kids to school.  Until today. 

Honestly, the silence from public health and all other authorities on active cases is the most dangerous aspect of it all.  They are more afraid of the threat of a fine from the ICO than they are of 100 people getting Covid. I know that for a fact.  

Fucking hell.

Thank fuck we've got a world beating test and trace system to sort out shit like that.

Oh wait...

6 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

That was on 4 Jan. 

Kick the cunts cunt in the vicious arrogant cunt 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Fucking hell.

Thank fuck we've got a world beating test and trace system to sort out shit like that.

Oh wait...

The bloke, after the flight, got on a small boat (15ft) to travel from the big Island to his home island.  The boat driver was not contacted.  

The woman sat directly behind him for 25 mins on the flight, has been out to loads of households delivering eggs from her farm for the past week.  

We've been swamped by second home owners as well.  One couple was told by police to go back to their mainland residence and they pleaded a defence based on the Human Rights Act that we can't send them home as it would put them in danger. 

NONE of this gets reported.  If you try to question any aspect of cases or response to cases then the conversation gets shut down on FB. 

Make no mistake, this is happening in your area too, you just aren't aware. 

• Upvote 1