You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

21 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

If cases peaked about three or four days ago which, as horrible as it is, is actually the hope now, then hospitalisations will peak in about 10 days time, with deaths then peaking a week or so after that. 

Is this based on Joinzoe?

Ah, no sorry, actual recorded cases by specimen date.

3 hours ago, Brownie said:

Devi Sridhar is boss. If we'd listened to people like her then we wouldn't be where we are now.

John Ashton and Devi have been on the fucking ball since the very beginning.

I reckon we could have saved at least 50k in deaths (probably more) just listening to them.

Even Rory Stewart who ran against Cuntson saw this coming (chilling watching this back even now):

Devi is constantly on TV channels daily. She's probably the best thing about this pandemic.

John's great too (lifetime Red like us) but has been less visible in the past few months.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

John Ashton and Devi have been on the fucking ball since the very beginning.

I reckon we could have saved at least 50k in deaths (probably more) just listening to them.

Even Rory Stewart who ran against Cuntson saw this coming (chilling watching this back even now):

Devi is constantly on TV channels daily. She's probably the best thing about this pandemic.

John's great too (lifetime Red like us) but has been less visible in the past few months.

Fucking hell.

From 5:20 in, you're thinking "if they'd only listened to this cunt"

13 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Has anyone seen any research around why some people are getting really ill and some are asymptomatic? Surely that's the key to ending this. Can't think of another virus like that, to that extent anyway.

I've just started watching a documentary called 'Human Natore' from last year. I suspect it was recorded before the Covid-19 but it centred on genetics and DNA editing - a process nicknamed CRISPR. It talks a lot about viruses and vaccines and genetic codes. It's well worth a watch and this process may well have been used for the vaccine for Covid-19.

59 minutes ago, niallers said:

Over here in the emerald Isle last week, we had the worst numbers per million in the world. If it was in China, it would've equated to 160,000 cases a day! Who do ye think ye have running ye're place. We have the tories beat hands down on incompetence. 

All went to fuck when Leo Varadkar got his tits out in the phoenix park. Well, that and the meat factories being allowed to push the virus about at will. 

Just to check what is people's view of where the NHS is up to in the effected areas?

Had a call yesterday with a number of senior professors that at the end descended into idle speculation as to the way the pandemic is being reported. Might not be the best group to ask as most of you are politically engaged.

17 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

Just to check what is people's view of where the NHS is up to in the effected areas?

Had a call yesterday with a number of senior professors that at the end descended into idle speculation as to the way the pandemic is being reported. Might not be the best group to ask as most of you are politically engaged.

Is senior professors' idle speculation apolitical?

12 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

I've only had to deal with my gp because I actually had Covid (and the post-covid lethargy thats followed it) and if anything, speaking to them and getting appointments has been even easier. They understandably don't really want face to face meetings, but they always get back to my online requests the same day and I've breezed in and out of my hospital blood test appointments too. Don't know if that was the kind of answer you were after mate.

48 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

I also see the bbc have a campaign going, begging for old tech to give to schools. Whilst any help is better than no help at all, why the fuck is nobody (especially on the news channels) hammering the government for this? Didn't they promise to fund this?

You only have to look at Laura Kuntwatfuckingshitneadbiasedtorycuntwankertwatslutbergs tweets to know why the BBC aren't hammering the government for this. 

1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

I also see the bbc have a campaign going, begging for old tech to give to schools. Whilst any help is better than no help at all, why the fuck is nobody (especially on the news channels) hammering the government for this? Didn't they promise to fund this?

Working from home tech was almost impossible to get. My webcam broke and I went to buy one thats usually £30-40 and it was out of stock most places, or £120 the places that had it. Work ended up giving me £100 towards the home office so I got one in the end but "cheap laptops" don't really exist at the moment, especially at scale.

Torys are cunts by the way, but everyone IN THE WORLD wants cheap working from home tech. Not possible.

Repurposing what people already have (older tablets an laptops) will help in the short term.