You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, _______________ said:

Nicola Sturgeon tells MSPs: “Firstly, we intend to limit the availability and operation of click and collect services.

“Only retailers selling essential items will be allowed to offer click and collect. This will include, for example, clothes and footwear, baby equipment, homeware and books. All other click and collect services must stop.

“More importantly, for click and collect services that are allowed, staggered appointments will need to be offered to avoid any potential for queuing, and access inside premises for collection will not be permitted.”

Nicola Sturgeon tells MSPs: “Customers will no longer be permitted to go inside to collect takeaway food or coffee. Any outlet wishing to offer takeaway will have to do so from a serving hatch or doorway. “

The First Minister has tightened the rules on tradesmen and women entering private homes during lockdown.

She said: “We will strengthen the provisions in relation to work inside people’s houses. 

“We have already issued guidance to the effect that in level 4 areas work is only permitted within a private dwelling if it is essential for the upkeep, maintenance and functioning of the household. We will now put this guidance into law.”

It's almost like I'm seeing the future in England...

42 minutes ago, _______________ said:

Nicola Sturgeon tells MSPs: “Firstly, we intend to limit the availability and operation of click and collect services.

“Only retailers selling essential items will be allowed to offer click and collect. This will include, for example, clothes and footwear, baby equipment, homeware and books. All other click and collect services must stop.

“More importantly, for click and collect services that are allowed, staggered appointments will need to be offered to avoid any potential for queuing, and access inside premises for collection will not be permitted.”

Nicola Sturgeon tells MSPs: “Customers will no longer be permitted to go inside to collect takeaway food or coffee. Any outlet wishing to offer takeaway will have to do so from a serving hatch or doorway. “

The First Minister has tightened the rules on tradesmen and women entering private homes during lockdown.

She said: “We will strengthen the provisions in relation to work inside people’s houses. 

“We have already issued guidance to the effect that in level 4 areas work is only permitted within a private dwelling if it is essential for the upkeep, maintenance and functioning of the household. We will now put this guidance into law.”

Can't see how it is better for customers to cluster in Dominos doorway getting bags passed by hand from staff  than collecting it over a counter in a proper queue based on being 2m apart

My missus had the Pfizer vaccine yesterday and her head is banging today.

I was talking to my cousin about immunity. She's a sister on ICU in Newcastle and she's been around Covid for months without ever contracting it. When there were PPE shortages, she had people cough in her face while she had no PPE on and she hasn't caught it. 

Mind you, Flu is 70% (approx) asymptomatic. We probably have no idea how this all works really.

31 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I've Googled her and didn't fancy her inanimate. I thought I'd give her a second chance and I looked her up on Youtube. Still not having it. 

If she compared the pandemic to the common flu you'd rip the head off it though right? 

• Upvote 2

Devi Sridhar is boss. If we'd listened to people like her then we wouldn't be where we are now.

That channel that Jairzinho shared the other day (Dr John Campbell) is good too; it's great to actually see data rather than just read misleading media reports.

Got into work today and had to leave 20 minutes later after getting an email from NHS Test & Trace telling me to self-isolate as one of my colleagues has tested positive and named me as a contact. So I'll be spending the next week doing as much computer gaming as Red Phoenix. 

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Got into work today and had to leave 20 minutes later after getting an email from NHS Test & Trace telling me to self-isolate as one of my colleagues has tested positive and named me as a contact. So I'll be spending the next week doing as much computer gaming as Red Phoenix. 

It seems quite a few people are off in there at the minute either with Covid or isolating due to Track and Trace contacting them, I’m not in at the minute so not sure exactly how bad it is. 

Fucking hell just checked and last time I was in the office was October 2019.

13 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Good to know you got my email.

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I think this is the third person in our room who has had it. The first two didn't pass it to anyone else in work, so hopefully the trend continues.

October 2019, holy shit. I need to up my game.

Career break then working from home since June. It’s not inconceivable I’ll hit the two year mark without setting foot in the place.

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Yea I've been working remote since March 2020, ongoing until at LEAST May 2021. 2 hours a day saved commuting. Don't ever want to go back, aside for a staff piss up now and again.

March 2020 for me, almost certainly until at least the start of September 2021.

• Upvote 1

They probably modelled the deaths and traded them off against the importance of the shops having a busy pre-Christmas period, get everybody out and spending money all ready for Christmas - then when there are literally no shopping days left, cancel actual Christmas. 

Their get out of jail plan was to pin everything on the 'oooooh mutant strain!' 

It's shitbag 101. Press in tow, white van man gobbling up the shitballs. And around we will surely go again. 

• Upvote 1