You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, tokyojoe said:

Her Indoor's mum (aged 92) is getting her jab tomorrow. Follow up is March 31st.

She has to have the Oxford one mind, none of this foreign rubbish.

Do you mind me asking where she's based?  Rough idea, don't need the name of her surgery or anything like that!

24 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

How much tougher can they realistically get?

As has been pointed out on here, you're limited by the ability to police any restrictions. 

Reports that Scotland will create limits on click and collect shopping and tightening rules on takeaways. No specifics.

While reports are here that they will remove the ability to exercise with a friend from another household and create a 3 metre distancing rule which absolutely nobody will follow and will probably lead to some poor person being run over. They could close nurseries and tighten up the essential worker list for schools after basically loosening it to allow 50% of kids in. 

I would make it so that those people who claim they cannot wear a mask instead have to wear a visor when shopping. 

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I’ve been busy today, but I got the gist he’d said something stupid, but fucking hell.

Totally unfit for a management role in a call centre let alone the highest in office in the land.

Don’t forget that the coronavirus pandemic was the product of an imbalance in man’s relationship with the natural world.

Like the original plague which struck the Greeks I seem to remember in book one of the Iliad, it is a zoonotic disease. It originates from bats or pangolins, from the demented belief that if you grind up the scales of a pangolin you will somehow become more potent or whatever it is people believe, it originates from this collision between mankind and the natural world and we’ve got to stop it.’

Just as we’re cut adrift from the largest trading bloc on the planet, with few friends and a lot of old foes looking to settle decade old scores he says this shit?

Fucking hell.

Posh twerp once again referencing classical Greek literature to try and sound clever but sounding like a posh, out of touch twerp instead.

44 minutes ago, Moo said:

Do you mind me asking where she's based?  Rough idea, don't need the name of her surgery or anything like that!

My Auntie is 73 is based in West Derby and had her first dose yesterday. The Pfizer one. A place off Smithdown rd apparently. She only had it done as there was a surplus left over so got a call late in the day.

4 hours ago, Moo said:

Has anyone heard of any elderly relatives being offered the vaccine in the primary care setting yet?  Hearing it's starting to be rolled out in Liverpool this week but only the Pfizer (the "should not wait more than 21 days") one.  Would the elderly even check? Would you check if it was your parent? And what the hell are you meant to do for the best if they currently only offer the Pfizer?

Also I had the Pfizer one today through work (I’m a nurse). My next dose isn’t until 30th March. I just wanted to get one into me. Would’ve been great to have second dose 3 weeks later but that’s not going to happen now.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Who the fuck has been vacinated from the 2m+ of doses being reported that have been administered if most of the 65+ and health workers haven't been vacinated yet?

My neighbours are over 80 and have both had it. Trouble is, there are almost 12m over 65s in this country, so 2m doses isn't going to go far.

I swear this is true. 

Bloke at work, his gran is 92. She’s been isolating and doing everything right, bubbled with his mum and dad.  She goes for the vaccine, gets it but slips on the way out. She falls and breaks her hip.  Has to go into hospital and ends up with a hip replacement.  When in hospital she’s tested positive and so have his mum and dad. All now seriously ill. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, _______________ said:

Sturgeon to announce new tougher measures tomorrow. Johnson will spend a day or so denying that England will do this or that before announcing we will be doing this and that but a half assed version.

It's not new tougher measures we need. We need to get shut of all these fucking loopholes to the existing measures and stop treating nurseries different to schools. There's no point them implementing some leave the house once per week rule while they're all fucking about letting everyone take their kids to school.

42 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Who the fuck has been vacinated from the 2m+ of doses being reported that have been administered if most of the 65+ and health workers haven't been vacinated yet?

Something like 14m +75s and vulnerable isn't it? They've don't 2m so far in around a month. They have to do more than 2m a week from here on in to just hit their target of these groups by the end of Feb. And by the way, when they 1st set that target it was both jabs and not 1. Cunts. 

21 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I swear this is true. 

Bloke at work, his gran is 92. She’s been isolating and doing everything right, bubbled with his mum and dad.  She goes for the vaccine, gets it but slips on the way out. She falls and breaks her hip.  Has to go into hospital and ends up with a hip replacement.  When in hospital she’s tested positive and so have his mum and dad. All now seriously ill. 

Arr fucking hell. 

Everything is a fucking mess.

Newsnight reporting loads of schools in London with 50% or more children in. Schools are supposed to be fucking closed apart from anyone who is a key worker.

Parents will do anything they can to get rid of their kids to schools, especially if they can't afford to feed them.

So either all these kids are getting to school on public transport or they are being driven to school or back.

So that means all parents of these kids getting in cars, filling up their tanks, interacting with fuck knows how many people without factoring in however many more journeys they are making in between the drop off/pick ups.

Then you've got all the poor cunts who can't work from home who have to risk their lives to put food on the table. No chance any of these poor fuckers are going to self isolate even if they are showing symptoms.

No wonder the fucking numbers are off the scale.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Everything is a fucking mess.

Newsnight reporting loads of schools in London with 50% or more children in. Schools are supposed to be fucking closed apart from anyone who is a key worker.

Parents will do anything they can to get rid of their kids to schools, especially if they can't afford to feed them.

So either all these kids are getting to school on public transport or they are being driven to school or back.

So that means all parents of these kids getting in cars, filling up their tanks, interacting with fuck knows how many people without factoring in however many more journeys they are making in between the drop off/pick ups.

Then you've got all the poor cunts who can't work from home who have to risk their lives to put food on the table. No chance any of these poor fuckers are going to self isolate even if they are showing symptoms.

No wonder the fucking numbers are off the scale.

The numbers are starting to level off so the restrictions are working.

The scientific evidence I’ve seen suggests that schools are no different to anything else. If they are completely closed then of course the overall number of cases will drop. Being partially open won’t make a big difference though.

That’s what the science says anyway, which surprised me.

12 minutes ago, Brownie said:

The numbers are starting to level off so the restrictions are working.

The scientific evidence I’ve seen suggests that schools are no different to anything else. If they are completely closed then of course the overall number of cases will drop. Being partially open won’t make a big difference though.

That’s what the science says anyway, which surprised me.

I don't even think we've seen the full scale of the Xmas mixing yet.

We'll hit the 100k figure in 10 days or less.

4 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

8-10 days just for people to start to show symptoms from the mixing.

Thats when it has started to be contagious, between 3 (most common) and 14 (least common) days incubation period then becomes contagious. I think we've seen Christmas, new year maybe too. It's contagious after incubation period has finished and most contagious when symptoms begin.

John Lewis is suspending its click and collect services and tightening safety measures after a "change in tone" from the government over the virus.

The department store will also pause in-home services, unless they are "essential to customers' wellbeing".

The retailer said it felt the changes were right with the country at a "critical point in the pandemic". 

However customers will be able to collect John Lewis orders from Waitrose stores.