You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I've been on the Vit D train for months, years even. Vit K2 should accompany it though to help the bones absorb it, otherwise some of it just stays in your system.

Yes, I remember you telling me that last year, so I've been taking these, rather than the 'straight' Vt D ones I was before - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07YDCVX3G

I've been banging the Vitamin D drum for at least 13 years and brought it up years ago on here. My kids used to laugh at me, now they're all taking it and more people are waking up to it. 

You're absolutely spot on that for older people they really should be taking it with vitamin k2

36 minutes ago, _______________ said:

I've been banging the Vitamin D drum for at least 13 years and brought it up years ago on here. My kids used to laugh at me, now they're all taking it and more people are waking up to it. 

You're absolutely spot on that for older people they really should be taking it with vitamin k2

So am I, my GP told me to start taking it as I was deficient. I have underlying health issues. I've been taking vitamin D for about three years and what I have noticed is how few colds or flu's I've had unlike before I started taking it. My understanding is that it optimises our immune system and is considered to be effective minimising the effects of respiratory infections which is obviously beneficial when it comes to Covid?

Was talking to my neighbour earlier - him, his wife (a pharmacist) and their young kid had to have tests this week cos last Sunday they had dinner with his brother, his wife and their kids - who have since all tested positive.

They tested negative but as far as I know - if you've been in close contact with someone who is positive them don't you have to isolate for ten days? 

5 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Was talking to my neighbour earlier - him, his wife (a pharmacist) and their young kid had to have tests this week cos last Sunday they had dinner with his brother, his wife and their kids - who have since all tested positive.

They tested negative but as far as I know - if you've been in close contact with someone who is positive them don't you have to isolate for ten days? 

The incubation phase can actually last up to 14 days, meaning it may not show itself in that phase. After the incubation phase it can then become contagious, which is why the isolation period is ten days. To be certain, its probably best to get a test before intending to come out of quarantine. 

4 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

The incubation phase can actually last up to 14 days, meaning it may not show itself in that phase. After the incubation phase it can then become contagious, which is why the isolation period is ten days. To be certain, its probably best to get a test before intending to come out of quarantine. 

So they should have stayed at home instead of (her) working in a chemists, the boy going to nursery and him visiting his 76 year old mum. They've also been shopping and been to her 60+ year old parents several times.

No wonder the thing is rampant. 

3 hours ago, magicrat said:

If I knew how to set up one of those poll things I would be interested to see how many think the vaccine should be made compulsory . I know it opens a can of worms over how to force people to have it , civil rights etc but in principle do people think it should be mandatory ?  I do unless there are strong medical reasons why individuals can opt out.   

I wouldn't make it compulsory.

I'd just make it compulsory for using public transport, entering shops, working, using the internet, etc.

Basically you can refuse the vaccine as long as you're happy to live at the bottom of a well.

IT seems obvious that they will clamp down even further in the coming weeks. Quite what that will look like I do not know. 

If it continues like it has then the stories in the papers of someone being fined for having a coffee at a reservoir will be replaced with stories of people with injuries dying because there aren't enough ambulances and a&e departments open to treat them. 

Maybe at that point some of the selfish pricks might take notice, nah I doubt it. 

4 minutes ago, _______________ said:

IT seems obvious that they will clamp down even further in the coming weeks. Quite what that will look like I do not know. 

If it continues like it has then the stories in the papers of someone being fined for having a coffee at a reservoir will be replaced with stories of people with injuries dying because there aren't enough ambulances and a&e departments open to treat them. 

Maybe at that point some of the selfish pricks might take notice, nah I doubt it. 

They won't pay attention as it won't affect them,  until of course it does 

Was told to stop going to work on Dec 17 to observe a lockdown that is going on in the region where my office is. Since then, a curfew was added to this lockdown and the cases per day have pretty much doubled, yet I've been told we have to go back Monday. How stupid is that, ffs. Not sure what the fuck was the point. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

They have opened a temporary mortuary in the grounds of Headley court, a hospital near us becuase the local morgues are now full.  Big white marquee in the grounds designed to hold 100 plus coffins. Frightening development. 

Fucking hell. 

1 hour ago, _______________ said:

Someone near us was rescued from a moor last night.  Minus 13, 3 ft of snow.  All from Manchester. Stupid cunts

Yeah it will end, lockdown isn't a big vote winner. 

According to AgeUK flu kills on average 8000 people a year and we do not lockdown for that, although we do have a flu jab and I assume that keeps the average down. It's mad that we are currently hitting about 8000 deaths a week and that is only likely to rise. 

In the end we may have to go down the route of taking much more draconian actions for a short period, we may end up with curfews (Quebec has a 4 week curfew) and people might during that harsher period realise that right now we do still have quite a lot of liberty and that maybe the moaning was a little hysterical. 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

If we had anyone on here from Spain we could learn how they did it. I think it was;

- don’t go out unless you have to

- stay within x km of your home

- you have to print off or complete a form stating times and purpose of journeys

- fined if you break the rules

Jairzinho has been posting regularly on it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

Does stone think this will every actually end? Honest question 

Deffo, I reckon by the summer, although it may come back a bit in the winter. 

All the stuff I've read lately point to long lasting immunity, either years or decades save for a few outlying cases of people who've caught it twice (possibly a different variant). 

So once enough people have had the jab or developed immunity through infection then it's got nowhere to go, it's trying to swing on monkey bars which have all got grease on.

It could be argued that the hell we're currently going through was always going to happen because we'd tried to shield people earlier in the year (and rightly so). The new variant is also a direct result of social distancing measures (the shit one died off because we were all holed up and washing our hands, the better one could still spread - Darwinism in action). 

The Spanish flu basically followed the same pattern. The first wave was smaller and featured masks, social distancing and other mitigation measures. The second wave saw it just totally fucking run riot. The third wave was smaller again and happened in the spring I think it was. It disappeared because by the end, everyone was either immune or had died - so monkey bar theory applied. 

This time we've got vaccines so it should speed that process up and hopefully spare a lot of deaths. 

You have to remember too that, yes, things are grim, but there's method in them telling you that. They want you to stay home and they'd rather you were sat in the corner shaking than going to parties and spreading the virus. But there's good news around too, two more vaccines expected to come on stream by the end of this month by all accounts. 

At the end of the day,  there's a cure for this disease, an actual cure - that's the bottom line. 

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

All the stuff I've read lately point to long lasting immunity, either years or decades save for a few outlying cases of people who've caught it twice (possibly a different variant). 

So once enough people have had the jab or developed immunity through infection then it's got nowhere to go, it's trying to swing on monkey bars which have all got grease on.

It could be argued that the hell we're currently going through was always going to happen because we'd tried to shield people earlier in the year (and rightly so). The new variant is also a direct result of social distancing measures (the shit one died off because we were all holed up and washing our hands, the better one could still spread - Darwinism in action). 

The Spanish flu basically followed the same pattern. The first wave was smaller and featured masks, social distancing and other mitigation measures. The second wave saw it just totally fucking run riot. The third wave was smaller again and happened in the spring I think it was. It disappeared because by the end, everyone was either immune or had died - so monkey bar theory applied. 

This time we've got vaccines so it should speed that process up and hopefully spare a lot of deaths. 

You have to remember too that, yes, things are grim, but there's method in them telling you that. They want you to stay home and they'd rather you were sat in the corner shaking than going to parties and spreading the virus. But there's good news around too, two more vaccines expected to come on stream by the end of this month by all accounts. 

At the end of the day,  there's a cure for this disease, an actual cure - that's the bottom line. 

I’ll sleep better after reading that mate. 

19 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The irony is you can imagine the poster for this.

Covid-19 is the disease. The vaccine is the cure.

And on the trailer you see who all the hopes are pinned on...

tenor.gif