You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Getting very grim here now also. 

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40203416.html

The Irish Examiner reported today that given how rapidly the Covid-19 figures are rising nationally, CUH was poised to trigger a tiered escalation plan which was devised during the first wave of the pandemic, but which was ultimately not required last April.

It has now been activated this afternoon, with the cancellation of all scheduled care services, inpatient, medical, surgical and outpatients.

The cancellation takes place with immediate effect until January 24, at the earliest.

My sister got rushed to hospital last night; couldn't breath, irregular heartbeat, body temp of 40 degrees. Was told she'd probably have to wait in the ambo for 3+ hours although once she'd been assessed they sent her straight through to a ward.

Spoke to her earlier today and she's feeling much better thank fuck but she was convinced she was dying yesterday. On a concoction of antibiotics and other fluids.

Absolute cunt of a virus this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 16

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Scary shit. Hope everyone is ok. 

Cheers hombre.

It's the speed that her condition deteriorated that is the most frightening thing. She's reacted extremely well to whatever drugs she's being given. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

Getting very grim here now also. 

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40203416.html

The Irish Examiner reported today that given how rapidly the Covid-19 figures are rising nationally, CUH was poised to trigger a tiered escalation plan which was devised during the first wave of the pandemic, but which was ultimately not required last April.

It has now been activated this afternoon, with the cancellation of all scheduled care services, inpatient, medical, surgical and outpatients.

The cancellation takes place with immediate effect until January 24, at the earliest.

What's the reason they're giving for this, because the new variant this lot are blaming everything on isn't there yet is it?

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

What's the reason they're giving for this, because the new variant this lot are blaming everything on isn't there yet is it?

About 25% of all new cases in Cork is the new UK mutated strain, which is one reason they are giving for the R rate now being between 2.6 and 3 here. 

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Mad virus. My symptoms was  tight chest for about an hour and heavy eyeballs for a day. Im allowed out tomorrow.

It's utterly baffling. My mate's mum is in her 80s, had it and was asymptomatic, yet there's Bulgarian weight lifters doing the rounds with exploding hearts and club feet. 

It's a Woollies pick n mix of a disease, sometimes you get a caramel cup, sometimes you get an aniseed ball.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

My sister got rushed to hospital last night; couldn't breath, irregular heartbeat, body temp of 40 degrees. Was told she'd probably have to wait in the ambo for 3+ hours although once she'd been assessed they sent her straight through to a ward.

Spoke to her earlier today and she's feeling much better thank fuck but she was convinced she was dying yesterday. On a concoction of antibiotics and other fluids.

Glad she's okay mate. What's the score with the antibiotics? Has it given her pneumonia?

20 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

Fucking hell mate, hope she makes a full recovery pronto. 

Just now, Section_31 said:

Glad she's okay mate. What's the score with the antibiotics? Has it given her pneumonia?

Aye, she's been told she's got blood clots as well.

She sounded rough as fuck when I spoke to her this morning. The only reason she didn't end up in ICU was because it's already full.

Not totally out of the woods yet but things are looking up.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

She sounded rough as fuck when I spoke to her this morning. The only reason she didn't end up in ICU was because it's already full.

Similar story to me mate and I'm still here nearly a year on. She'll be on blood thinners for 6 months but hopefully fine.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's utterly baffling. My mate's mum is in her 80s, had it and was asymptomatic, yet there's Bulgarian weight lifters doing the rounds with exploding hearts and club feet. 

It's a Woollies pick n mix of a disease, sometimes you get a caramel cup, sometimes you get an aniseed ball.

Exactly. As a smoker I was surprised to have a very mild cough, my boss sounded like he smoked 100 a day when I spoke to him and he doesn't smoke and runs three times a week

• Upvote 1

1300+ dead in a day?

Fucking hell.

There should be a motion of no confidence and we enter a cabinet of the talents. This was avoidable and with even a basic level of competence a lot of people wouldn't be burying loved ones.

This should not have been allowed to happen and every fucking moron who voted this pathetic, entitled cunt and ilk in has blood on their hands.

You vote for a clown you get a fucking circus.

• Upvote 7

This messaging is doing my head in again.

How can you stay at home if you have a job that doesn't allow you to?

Imagine having to use public transport 5 days a week with other such people?

1 in 15 in certain parts of London and these people are getting on the underground potentially together.

Then you've got the don't give a fuck brigade carrying on as normal.

No wonder hospitals there are at breaking point.

Fucking madness.

The only way to sort this is to pay people to stay at home.

1 hour ago, Stouffer said:

Fingers crossed for her mate.

1 hour ago, Stouffer said:

One of my distant cousin's in Canada had blood clots and they thought he'd suffered a minor heart attack too. They were initially investigating whether he had lung cancer. He doesn't and they now think that all his ongoing problems are down to long covid. He's relatively young and in good health. 

It's mad how the virus can do next to nothing to some relatively healthy people and then totally fuck over others. 

And, I hope your sister gets well soon. 

• Upvote 1