You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

8 hours ago, sir roger said:

Have only been skim reading this thread recently so not seeing all of the excellent posts but the wife was asking today if any agencies are still looking at the question of antibodies and whether people who have had covid are retaining immunity and for how long. Not heard any mention since vaccines came on the scene , but surely it is still important at this point.

The video I posted yesterday talks about this. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, mars said:

Skip to 1.18 for the segment on Trump supporters refusing to believe they are dying of covid19. I'm struggling for the right term here to describe this - stupidity? fuckwittery? batshit lunacy? 

Yep. Care too much about being right despite being massively wrong that they will take their last breath before acknowledging they are a stupid ignorant cunt. 

They are ALL Trump. 

13 hours ago, Brownie said:

Agree with you about teachers, think you could have made that point without the comment you mentioned but no problem.

Sorry, but this isn't how this ends. You and Section should spend the next few days standing by polar opposite views, agreeing to disagree but then vociferously disagreeing anyway. Can you at least call him a cunt?

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Karl_b said:

Sorry, but this isn't how this ends. You and Section should spend the next few days standing by polar opposite views, agreeing to disagree but then vociferously disagreeing anyway. Can you at least call him a cunt?

You have forgotten the negging and maybe a call to one of their parents to tell them their son is a naughty boy.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Elite said:

You have forgotten the negging and maybe a call to one of their parents to tell them their son is a naughty boy.

I've NEVER done that. But I can't say I never will.

6 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

The second graph doesn't take account of population growth so is a bit misleading. Point still stands though, this is grim as fuck. 

6 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

The second graph doesn't take account of population growth so is a bit misleading. Point still stands though, this is grim as fuck. 

I think it does, he explains that in the longer thread. 

5 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

The video I posted yesterday talks about this. 

Thanks for that , Jair.

Was mainly to calm my wife who had it in late March and been waffling on about it for weeks.

Showed her the piece and after a brief interlude of cheerfulness she started worrying about the new strain coming after the study period, so I have beaten her to death with a shovel and antibodies are the least of her worries now.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Thanks for that , Jair.

Was mainly to calm my wife who had it in late March and been waffling on about it for weeks.

Showed her the piece and after a brief interlude of cheerfulness she started worrying about the new strain coming after the study period, so I have beaten her to death with a shovel and antibodies are the least of her worries now.

Not been peer reviewed but could be good news. "Years, possibly decades."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/17/health/coronavirus-immunity.html

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Thanks for that , Jair.

I can't recommend that youtube channel enough. There is a daily 20 minute video. It seems to be free from the utter bullshit in most other avenues, be that the BBC doing their "pretend every single view is 50/50" nonsense, anti-vax lunatics, or the WHO informing the world once a month that EVERYONE IS GOING TO DIE. 

29 minutes ago, an tha said:

How fucking hard is it to get laptops out to schools and then in turn to the kids who need them.

Cunts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-55565537

It was suggested to me by the school that beyond that it was that some didn’t have internet etc. I’ve offered to buy a couple of laptops / tablets for kids in my daughters class and I’ll see if my work would provide some so they’re looking into it but they said it’s not as easy as that. It’s a real mess, this could have been sorted a while ago.

• Upvote 1